R&L | Word Is, Bye Peterbilt, Hello Freightliner

The Freightliner I posted was 145K .... 10-12 times would be over a million dollars for 1 truck... I’ve just got off the PACCAR site which makes Petes and Kenworth and a new twin screw day cab is in the 180K range. That’s a far cry from 10 times ... I’m guessing you failed math. Oh, let me guess you’re not talking about cost. You’re really off today Joe.
10 - 12 thousand dumbass.

I'm line hauling in a new 2020 International LT series. I was a big PB fan till I got this one. Looks way better then the last new bunch of internationals. Nicer sleeker air dam up top and rides like a caddy. If you haven't seen one yet, I'll get a pic and post if nobody has seen one yet.
Saw one on the road going the other way this week. Did look pretty good. The internationals make me feel like I'm sitting in the door generally. The twin screws weren't bad but the single axle city units are very tight for me. I'm a big guy though, not flabby all the way around but tall and broad. Just couldn't get comfortable in the single axle IH, I'll be curious to get in a newer model.

Reactions: IMO
These trucks aren’t cheap numb nuts! In fact the base model is right at the top. Check your facts before you shoot your mouth off. What helps make these trucks the number one selling semi in America is their fuel economy.
Easy there Train. Keep it civil.

Yeah that was a little wierd!
It was a joke! You know how guys or gals say they are big boned when basically they are just fat. My Chart says I’m obese but I don’t look good at my optimal weight. My wife says I’m chunky but my friends say I’m just overweight along with my doctor. Ted said he was flabby but not all the way around and I just found that funny. Sorry, Ted.:6817: At 6’1” I should weigh no more than 182. I weigh 230 and that puts me in the obese category. That’s BS. I consider myself just overweight, not obese. You guys need to lighten up. No, that’s me!!

Last edited:
Saw one on the road going the other way this week. Did look pretty good. The internationals make me feel like I'm sitting in the door generally. The twin screws weren't bad but the single axle city units are very tight for me. I'm a big guy though, not flabby all the way around but tall and broad. Just couldn't get comfortable in the single axle IH, I'll be curious to get in a newer model.
Its just as roomy as the PBs. The only thing that I wish it did a little more of, is the back rest needs to tilt back a little further. Really that is my only complaint. Pulls good for a 12 speed auto, shifter on column. No more wind noise like the last new batch of IHs. Whats really cool, is it has a digital axle weight readout for your drives and its never been more than 60 lbs off, with my meet guys scale numbers from his terminal. My terminal doesn't have a scale so I use that at a safe or not safe meter.

Sounds like a nice one (until you go on vacation)
No doubt! We have those pigs at my barn too, but the fill in guy who runs my LH at the bottom of the board is a pretty clean dude.
But it wouldnt be the first time my spotless interior on my tractor was destroyed by a city guy and then left that way. :thumbsdown:

Its just as roomy as the PBs. The only thing that I wish it did a little more of, is the back rest needs to tilt back a little further. Really that is my only complaint. Pulls good for a 12 speed auto, shifter on column. No more wind noise like the last new batch of IHs. Whats really cool, is it has a digital axle weight readout for your drives and its never been more than 60 lbs off, with my meet guys scale numbers from his terminal. My terminal doesn't have a scale so I use that at a safe or not safe meter.
The axle readout is a really good idea

It was a joke! You know how guys or gals say they are big boned when basically they are just fat. My Chart says I’m obese but I don’t look good at my optimal weight. My wife says I’m chunky but my friends say I’m just overweight along with my doctor. Ted said he was flabby but not all the way around and I just found that funny. Sorry, Ted.:6817: At 6’1” I should weigh no more than 182. I weigh 230 and that puts me in the obese category. That’s BS. I consider myself just overweight, not obese. You guys need to lighten up. No, that’s me!!
Copy that.
I never made tape, ever. 18 years old coming out of basic, 100 push-ups in 2 minutes 100setups in 2 minutes 2 mile run in 14 minutes, squat 620 lbs bench 415 and I was always over bmi chart by at least 60 lbs.

Copy that.
I never made tape, ever. 18 years old coming out of basic, 100 push-ups in 2 minutes 100setups in 2 minutes 2 mile run in 14 minutes, squat 620 lbs bench 415 and I was always over bmi chart by at least 60 lbs.
Well, This is where I would hang my head in shame. Could never come close to that even at 18. Now at 64 whatever I would attempt I would definitely need a spotter. My guess would be 130 for a squat... maybe 150 for a bench and dead weight. Kinda have gotten out of shape during my retirement but plan on hitting the gym soon. Not really sure on those numbers but I’m guessing they are pretty close. I can do the treadmill for about 30 minutes at a brisk walk but my ass is beat afterwards. My weight gain is primarily due to my diet which I’m going to need to change if I want to hit 75 or 80. My father died at 76 and my mother at 80 so I do have genetics going against me. I hope to break that cycle.

Think “Big Trouble in Little China” and “Pork Chop Express”.
Ok, the big old squared off nose. I know those. Didn't realize they had different nomenclature .

B9wfOyd.jpg