XPO | XPO Union Thread #2

Just Posting it for you feed back

We’re any of these items agreed to in existing contracts?
Yes ! At our barn 1, 2 and 4. Feel free to ask me more. Plus when this all falls into another owners hands or further cuts by whoever we’re status quo . Good luck on bargaining on your own. Let’s be clear though… unions will not fix bad management or operations. It will however protects employees from finger pointing and the misdirected blame for the poor management.

Last edited:
I think it’s been pretty well established that Jacobs don’t give a flying puck about the drivers in this company or the long term health of this company. If you don’t believe or want a Union that’s your choice. Don’t knock those that feel that’s it’s in their best interest to seek some protection. I think at this point they have plenty of reason ( beyond a doubt) not trust Jacobs . Keep believing.
Look , if Jacobs had any credibility you may have a point . He doesn’t!

Last edited:
If that's what it takes to get Jacobs to sell it off, I'd go for it
I’ve seen a lot here through my years and never have I felt and day to day see a lack of direction. It is mind blowing to see a column or award achievement for xpo and see what I see day in day out. Never has service and damages been worse. If anyone here has the cherished memory of Charlie Charlie X-ray then you can’t help but agree that this company is in operation for one thing, to stuff brads pockets. I agree union yes, I’d rather be at a bargaining table then waiting for any positive change

I’ve seen a lot here through my years and never have I felt and day to day see a lack of direction. It is mind blowing to see a column or award achievement for xpo and see what I see day in day out. Never has service and damages been worse. If anyone here has the cherished memory of Charlie Charlie X-ray then you can’t help but agree that this company is in operation for one thing, to stuff brads pockets. I agree union yes, I’d rather be at a bargaining table then waiting for any positive change
Yup. And to my earlier point. I'm of the belief that the best way to get positive change is for Jacobs to sell us to company that cares and I believe that unionization may be the key to getting him to sell.

If that's what it takes to get Jacobs to sell it off, I'd go for it

Yup. And to my earlier point. I'm of the belief that the best way to get positive change is for Jacobs to sell us to company that cares and I believe that unionization may be the key to getting him to sell.
I don't mean to be negative but when was the last time a trucking company was sold and it was a positive for the employees

I don't mean to be negative but when was the last time a trucking company was sold and it was a positive for the employees

This is another reason I left. We were so excited to be rid of Stotlar. To have hope. And this is what come of it. Waiting on a sale isn’t solving your problem. Particularly after so much value has been removed. It would take an unreasonable investment of both time and money to revive this company. Jacobs has sold off and leased things to put money directly into his pockets. And billionaires don’t buy things with the intentions of making someone else rich. The potential buyer would have to be able to not only buy XPO but all the side hustles that have been installed to leech the money out of the company.

I see what you're saying and I agree with it. Maybe I'm wearing rose colored glasses in this case, but here is my reasoning. I figure that considering where Jacobs has taken the company, there would be very few new owners who want want to make it even worse. If you're at the bottom of a barrel, the only direction to go is up, and that's the glimmer of hope I cling to.

I see what you're saying and I agree with it. Maybe I'm wearing rose colored glasses in this case, but here is my reasoning. I figure that considering where Jacobs has taken the company, there would be very few new owners who want want to make it even worse. If you're at the bottom of a barrel, the only direction to go is up, and that's the glimmer of hope I cling to.

Certainly, more of the same is not healthy. Change of some kind is a must. If you are going to refuse to make the change. Either by quitting or voting yes. Then you are aiding and abetting the situation. Which is the continuation of the downward spiral that will eventually lead you to where you will need to quit or vote yes.