XPO | XPO Union Thread #2

Here is another quote in Marco Rubio's article, now remember his own bill doesn't allow an EIO the ability to collectively bargain with the employer...he says...

To me as a policymaker, the conclusion is obvious. We need to break the stagnant monopoly of Big Labor and create new mechanisms for workers to negotiate with management in the workplace.

Your full of it & made it political….
Are you joking? Where did I say anything in any way political?

The author of the article is not a member of truckingboards so it’s not a violation…. What don’t you people understand?

Who said anything about a Truckingboards violation? You seem to be imagining things that aren't there. All I ever said was to attack the content of a post and not the poster. Is that too hard for you to understand? I'm beginning to think it is.

Amen to a level headed moderator….
Are you joking? Where did I say anything in any way political?

Who said anything about a Truckingboards violation? You seem to be imagining things that aren't there. All I ever said was to attack the content of a post and not the poster. Is that too hard for you to understand? I'm beginning to think it is.
Have a good night….

Post #894. Don’t play your cat & mouse games….
I reread my post and no were did I say "work rules". I did say "they are behind in the times". I guess to you that means work rules :idunno:

Critics say that Big Labor hasn't adapted to the new realities of business in the modern era, nor have they given enough support to grassroots workers who are organizing on their own.

Last edited:
Not to get political but the article was put out by real clear politics, written by a Republican senator…. Not bias at all….lol
Third paragraph, Rubio quotes a former labor union leader and a college professor. These aren't his words or opinions about unions, these are words and opinions from people who are pro-union about big organized labor. I would also add that that the theme reflected in this article is similar to the theme throughout these union threads and the union talk on the union carriers' boards, where many drivers have and are citing their issues with labor management.
Third Paragraph from the article.....//Don’t take my word for it – take the word of Jon Hiatt, the former general counsel at the American Federation of Labor & Congress of Industrial Organizations (AFL-CIO), who says that union organizers are “blowing [their] opportunity” to capitalize on the growing needs and wants of workers. Or take the word of Director Kate Bronfenbrenner of Cornell University’s School of Industrial and Labor Relations, who readily states that “the labor movement [is] organizing the same way they always have” in an economy desperate for change.//

Do you know why they decertified ? In detail please .
well let me correct a mistake I made. 4 only voted to decertify I forgot about Aurora The other two, LA and Albany only filed with the NLRB. The union packed up and left before the vote. Couldn't even hang around for the vote.
Well first it start by getting atleast 30% to sign a petition to decertify and filing with the NLRB. The the NLRB sets a date for the vote. The the effected employee's vote. Then the votes are counted. If it is 50% +1 to decertify then the unions out. Though we will never know the vote count at LA and Albany because the union packed up and left. We do know that Albany had 65% sign the petition. Cinnaminson 90% vote to decertify.
Currently, the NLRB’s own data show that a unionized private sector worker is more than twice as likely to be involved in a decertification effort as the average nonunion worker is to be involved in a unionization campaign, with one analysis finding decertification petitions up 42 percent in 2022.

Hope this helps
Just a little insight into the conservative lead group your posting here and what they do and who funds them. They are largely responsible at the behest of Xpo to orchestrate and facilitate the decertification Xpo facilities.
“Right to Work” is anti union and anti worker just like the conservative lead states who have adopted the legislation.
Decertification at Xpo facilities is not as simple as employees deciding on their own from out of nowhere that they no longer want a union. Its a long well orchestrated by both Xpo management who through charitable contributions funds NRTWF along with other like minded companies.
Xpo uses NRTWF as a legal reach around of labor laws that prohibit a company from orchestrating a decertification on it own. Xpo starts the process by fighting union certification from the moment a barn votes the union in. This and other delay tactics drag out for months to a year before negotiations even begin. When negotiations begin the company stonewalls the process by many means and drags them out for as long as they can. The entire process is conducted by anti union law firms that the company uses that guide them on a knifes edge of legality on how to manipulate the system and drag out negotiations forever. They do this in a matter to discourage the workers in the bargaining unit. They also use pay raises in around the area of the bargaining terminal to try lure bargaining unit employees to become discouraged. ( metro pay raises). Their is a double benefit affect for the company in this strategy . It not only discourages the bargaining units employees but it helps keep the union out at the surrounding non bargaining terminals . Again the is all a well payed out stratagy by the companies legal counsel .

Continuance

The next step is NRTWF along with its silent partner (Xpo) select and single out an employee at the bargaining unit. They walk that employe through the process and promise a nice pay raise for the terminal if they decert. ( illegal , but who’s going to fight it after a decertification ) That employee with the promise of a pay raise starts Petitioning his fellow employees and encourage them to sign on. That’s the basic steps on how it works. Every location for Xpo that has decertified to this point as received the metro pay raise after the vote.

Until you know you don’t know anything

decertification petitions up 42 percent in 2022
The process I just posted is the reason for this. The teeth that use to exists in laws that gave union workers more power at the table . These laws have eroded over time through legislation. If the Pro act of 2021 were to pass it would level the playing field a drastically reduce the numbers of decertifications you would see. ( guess what party opposes it ) That’s why when you go to the ballot box it’s important to think who has labors back.
Companies like Xpo are benefiting greatly in the war against labor and they are not innocent by standers. Yes Abortion and guns are important issues but your voice as an employee is right up there with them. It not only is important to union employees but to non union employees also. If you think employers don’t feel more empowered by Laxed labor laws even in regards to non union employees you kidding yourself .
This is why i can never understand as a worker non union or union you can take such glee as you do in any union defeat or set back. If you think for an honest minute that you haven’t benefited in even a small way by the pressure of unionization at Xpo your kidding yourself. Yes, the company did the minimal improvements they could get away with to stave off further terminals from unionization but it was something. The terminal surrounding the union terminals did quite well with metro raises even. Do you think that was a coincidence.

I for one want both union and non union workers to have some voice in their work place. I celebrate any strive that either union or non union workers make.

Last edited:
well let me correct a mistake I made. 4 only voted to decertify I forgot about Aurora The other two, LA and Albany only filed with the NLRB. The union packed up and left before the vote. Couldn't even hang around for the vote.
Well first it start by getting atleast 30% to sign a petition to decertify and filing with the NLRB. The the NLRB sets a date for the vote. The the effected employee's vote. Then the votes are counted. If it is 50% +1 to decertify then the unions out. Though we will never know the vote count at LA and Albany because the union packed up and left. We do know that Albany had 65% sign the petition. Cinnaminson 90% vote to decertify.
Currently, the NLRB’s own data show that a unionized private sector worker is more than twice as likely to be involved in a decertification effort as the average nonunion worker is to be involved in a unionization campaign, with one analysis finding decertification petitions up 42 percent in 2022.
I appreciate you response to my question. Unfortunately I don’t think you answered my question. Respectfully why did they decertify ?

Last edited:
History proves that union LTL carriers fail! For a multitude of reasons.
We have essentially 2 NMFA carriers left, 1 has been living off government welfare for more than a decade and only survives due to selling off assets. They failed to make a serious profit during the greatest capacity crunch the industry ever witnessed???? Some LTL carriers managed to operate with once unheard of operating ratios.
The other remains successful, for now.
Every other has failed.
Considering at one time 95% or more of the industry was unionized that is pathetic.

History proves that union LTL carriers fail! For a multitude of reasons.
We have essentially 2 NMFA carriers left, 1 has been living off government welfare for more than a decade and only survives due to selling off assets. They failed to make a serious profit during the greatest capacity crunch the industry ever witnessed???? Some LTL carriers managed to operate with once unheard of operating ratios.
The other remains successful, for now.
Every other has failed.
Considering at one time 95% or more of the industry was unionized that is pathetic.
Tell the whole story, not just the points you want to get across. Unionized trucking was crippled by de-regulation. Then, Bill Zollars crippled it even more by using Yellow as a platform to buy up five other healthy unionized freight companies and putting all of them on life support with his actions. The only reason that ABF is still healthy is because he never got his slimy hands on them. But, ABF has proved that a Unionized freight company can do well on a level playing field.

Tell the whole story, not just the points you want to get across. Unionized trucking was crippled by de-regulation. Then, Bill Zollars crippled it even more by using Yellow as a platform to buy up five other healthy unionized freight companies and putting all of them on life support with his actions. The only reason that ABF is still healthy is because he never got his slimy hands on them. But, ABF has proved that a Unionized freight company can do well on a level playing field.
Puffy just hates unions.

Deregulation was the main culprit at the start But that’s water over the dam at this point. The race to the bottom still is moving forward or down might be more appropriate. Real gains in compensation still lag for both union and non union. Work rules and ways to get fired with new technology tools keep getting more strenuous for employees particular for non union employees . We have entered the phase in LTL what I like to refer to as churn. The OTR companied have been doing it for a while . Hiring new employees on a constant basis with no care or concern on how long they stay. Companies able to keep unionization in check with weak legislation. Companies have know fear or threat from the workers having any say in their well being.
Pretty soon LTL companies will be allowing drivers to bring their dogs into the cab.

Last edited: