XPO | XPO Union Thread #2

I think most union guys on here won't bash you for what you just said....you get bashed usually because you come in with a chip on your shoulder basically calling union members losers and democrats...you have even bashed union guys on a thread that no one was even talking about unions...I personally don't care if anyone likes unions or not, that is until I feel as though they are dishonestly misrepresenting unions....that being said your posts are usually light on facts or at the very least light on information.... tell me how joining a union is destructive for a young truck driver...how does a union remove opportunities for young people to get ahead? How are work rules outdated? What facts did you just state that remain? Where is the link that tells me that the working person doesn't trust today's unions? Here is a recent Gallup poll stating the opposite....

100%

Not to get political but the article was put out by real clear politics, written by a Republican senator…. Not bias at all….lol
Attack or rebut the message, not the messenger. Hearing news we don't want to hear should be an incentive to make things better IMHO. How we do that in ltl is by trying to convince the nons that they are better off organizing. Tough sell of course but that's the only way we make conditions and pay better for all of us in this industry. Strength in numbers!

There was a time working people had their heads bashed in for voting yes to union representation. Union members at that time fought the good fight. I am grateful.
Joining a union now for most young truck drivers is self destructive. The work rules are outdated and remove opportunities for young people to get ahead. I know the union guys on this board will bash everything I say. I understand.
The facts still remain. The working person on large distrusts today's unions.
How about being a little more specific when you talk about "outdated work rules?" Care to elaborate?

Attack or rebut the message, not the messenger. Hearing news we don't want to hear should be an incentive to make things better IMHO. How we do that in ltl is by trying to convince the nons that they are better off organizing. Tough sell of course but that's the only way we make conditions and pay better for all of us in this industry. Strength in numbers!
I don’t think it was an imho . He was referring to the the bias article .

1870'S TO 1935 Really? His statement had to be much more current then this article....
How was this an attack? It's a fact. Published by real clear politics, written by Marco Rubio....RCP CONTRIBUTOR. like i said before i don't pick sides, but Helen Keller could see though this....

Last edited:
This person is on my ignore list. I will assume personal attacks against me were made while nothing was said about the subject or the post.
I have no one on ignore. The free flow of ideas is what made this county great. Not so much now. Facts have been pushed aside for feeling and wokeness. You see they call us union haters or company cheerleaders. The link I posted about the concrete driver is why many people have a dislike of union. Go ahead and strike but to willfully damage company property and your message is lost. We all know if the company did something like that the company would be painted as the evil corp that hates workers

Not to get political but the article was put out by real clear politics, written by a Republican senator…. Not bias at all….lol
Funny how Rubio back the workers and Scranton Joe sided with wall street. I thought that was to be the other way around.
That's is attacking the messager and not the message

Last edited:
Better off how? The one thing most see it the current union worker will vote on almost anything in a contract as long as it does effect them. More or less sell the next gen of union worker down the river. I know I lived it. Any time a contract has these words in it "Hired before XXXX date" you know they sold you down the river. Union preach fairness and equality, but put those words in a contract and all that went out the window.
When I post in the ODFL thread Layoff 3 that the union agreed with it you tried to spin it to the short sided members. Spin it how you want but the union is it's members

The biggest problem with unions was and is they are behind the times. The union failed to evolve with the times as the the LTL business has changed over the years. Were companies look 5,10, 15, or 20yrs down the road the unions only looked at the next contract. Short sighted members as some of you put it. This is not your father's or grandfather's LTL time have changes and the slow or unwilling to accept changing condition by the unions have but them behind the 8 ball. Just look at the CF Con-way deal. Though the union s have made changes it is going to be real hard to convince a driver that has worked for any length of time at a carrier to vote yes. The promise of going back to the way it was isn't going to work either.
You really need to update you message and promising driver the same contract as UPS freight does not help.

How is this attacking the messenger? I would like a moderator’s input
Well lets put it very simple....You attacked that the article was written by Marco Rubio instead of the contexts of the article. The article did have other links in it what backed what he was saying. Here I post some them for you....Simple enough

I was talking to a Albany ny driver and he said they decertified the union in there barn after less than 2 years .I cant find anything on it on your board i don't think he was bsing me

I was talking to a Albany ny driver and he said they decertified the union in there barn after less than 2 years .I cant find anything on it on your board i don't think he was bsing me
Hope this helps

Is Marco Rubio a member of Truckingboards?
No one but you is implying he is. Why are you pretending to not know what Fly-by-night and I are saying in our responses to you? Your deflection is just making you look foolish. You and I are on the same page, wanting Union representation to grow and wanting the nons to see the benefits of modern union representation. You're not helping the cause with your posts where you refuse to acknowledge reality.