XPO | XPO Union Thread #2

No the company pays the union for that employee insurance. The company also pay the union for that employee's pension. The union pays for none of it they just manage it.
I figured that's how it worked. Unions providing insurance didn't sound right.
Like me correct this. It all depends on the type of union and the contract. Friend of mine works of the local govt. The local govt pays for and runs his health benifit. He must put in 5% of his pay ever check into the pension plan and the local govt runs and manages that to. When he retires his check come for the local govt not the union. So what does the union really do.....Well not much at all. Still working without a contract since 1 jan 22

If you want to make things better. Stop supporting garbage companies and working for them. These companies can’t exist if people don’t participate. Wal-mart. Amazon. Oh they are horrible ! But people still work and shop there. If they are so bad …. Why ? They get away with what they do because people need something to complain about. Same as XPO.

Con-way is dead.
Who do you think supports these companies? Love going to walmart and seeing all the union sticker, license plates, and jackets. I sure many are Prime members to and have the Prime credit card. Back in the day when I was in a union shop at one meeting the union heads were bitching about the amount on money members were spending at Walmart. How did they know because the Teamster had a VISA card and knew every were the card holder was spending money. The best is seeing a union member coming to my barn driving a Toyota truck

The following states are right to work states . What do they have in common?

Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Nebraska, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee,

The following states are right to work states . What do they have in common?

Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Nebraska, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee,
Just these or do we get to include the 10 you are missing

Ah yes the Right To Work Law or better know as " Taff-Hartley Act of 1947"
What is so shocking, for some of not so much, that when it passed the Congress it was vetoed by Truman. Then when it went back to Congress even more Democrats voted to overturn Truman's veto. 106 out of 177 in the house and 20 out of the 42 in the senate.
Thought they were for the working man?????
Right to work laws are state level laws, not Taft-Hartley. T-H allowed union workplaces to collect fees (non-member dues, essentially) from any workers who refused to join the union to offset the costs that those non-members incurred on union resources.

Right to work laws aim to force unions to expend money and resources on non-union workers while also allowing the non-union worker to not pay any fees, aka "free riders", and thereby break the union system.

They are decidedly not the same thing.

Well they are union workers, just not due paying ones . They still have to follow the contract and from what I understand when a contract comes up for vote they get no vote. So not paying dues means they have no voice in the contract. They are just stuck with what the members vote for.
No, they are not union members, they just work alongside union members.

Who do you think supports these companies? Love going to walmart and seeing all the union sticker, license plates, and jackets. I sure many are Prime members to and have the Prime credit card. Back in the day when I was in a union shop at one meeting the union heads were bitching about the amount on money members were spending at Walmart. How did they know because the Teamster had a VISA card and knew every were the card holder was spending money. The best is seeing a union member coming to my barn driving a Toyota truck
yEt YoU paRtiCiPatE iN SocIEtY **bleeergggh**

Like me correct this. It all depends on the type of union and the contract. Friend of mine works of the local govt. The local govt pays for and runs his health benifit. He must put in 5% of his pay ever check into the pension plan and the local govt runs and manages that to. When he retires his check come for the local govt not the union. So what does the union really do.....Well not much at all. Still working without a contract since 1 jan 22
Lists all the things the union negotiated for that the worker wouldn't get on there own abd is still unsure what unions do. Lmao.

Right to work laws are state level laws, not Taft-Hartley. T-H allowed union workplaces to collect fees (non-member dues, essentially) from any workers who refused to join the union to offset the costs that those non-members incurred on union resources.

Right to work laws aim to force unions to expend money and resources on non-union workers while also allowing the non-union worker to not pay any fees, aka "free riders", and thereby break the union system.

They are decidedly not the same thing.
Oh you my want to read up

*A right-to-work law, under Section 14B of Taft–Hartley, prevents unions from negotiating contracts or legally binding documents requiring companies to fire workers who refuse to join the union.

I still look for were in the T-H Act is says "T-H allowed union workplaces to collect fees (non-member dues, essentially) from any workers who refused to join the union to offset the costs that those non-members incurred on union resources."

Btw, I'm not trying to defend T-H, its an abomination. But right to work are still state level laws and not a direct T-H effect, even as Taft explicitly allowed them, and it still allowed collection of fees from non-union workers.

You wanna tear down taft-hartley, I'm with you.

The 1947 federal Taft–Hartley Act governing private sector employment prohibits the "closed shop" in which employees are required to be members of a union as a condition of employment, but allows the union shop or "agency shop" in which employees pay a fee for the cost of representation without joining the union.

The Taft–Hartley Act outlawed the closed shop in the United States in 1947. The union shop was ruled illegal by the Supreme Court.[10] States with right-to-work laws go further by not allowing employers to require employees to pay a form of union dues, called an agency fee. An employer may not lawfully agree with a union to hire only union members, but it may agree to require employees to join the union or pay the equivalent of union dues to it within a set period after starting employment.

The big word in here is MAY require

The Taft–Hartley Act outlawed the closed shop in the United States in 1947. The union shop was ruled illegal by the Supreme Court.[10] States with right-to-work laws go further by not allowing employers to require employees to pay a form of union dues, called an agency fee. An employer may not lawfully agree with a union to hire only union members, but it may agree to require employees to join the union or pay the equivalent of union dues to it within a set period after starting employment.

So therefore it, wait for it...

Allowed... the very thing you're talking about.

Precisely my point.

Straight out of the ABF National Master Freight Agreement.

4846C418-59F5-4F9A-8CB0-C80445AC4A20.md.jpg C89051C8-5613-4EAF-B2CB-BAA92E32D5F6.md.jpg