XPO | XPO Union Thread #2

These guys disregard the fact that most other economies are feeling the same economic strain in this post the pandemic period .If you listen to them it’s solely in American problem brought on by the current administration. Somehow we’re to believe that If only Trump was in control things would’ve been much different. Lol

It has nothing to do with Trump. Biden is a puppet. But so is any politician. Including Trump. Trump did exactly as he was told to. If he hadn’t. He’d be dead.

Google BRICSS. The rest of the world is tired of fat, lazy, stupid Americans stepping on them.

The greatest of great recessions. That’s what’s coming.

Employees at these jobs pushing for more is pointless because it's only a matter of time until the job no longer exists
With All do respect to your opinion. This statement is so defeatist . All through time workers face threats of replacement, termination and changing technology. Today is know different than any other period .

Jacobs even tried putting through this threat 6-7 years ago with drivers . The fact is we’re no closer today then we were then . Will it happen ? Maybe at some point to a limiting degree it could happen . What your saying is don’t push for optimum compensation because they will do it even faster. Maybe to some degree this might be possible. The argument to not push for more and accept what you have is ridiculous.

Major technological improvements still have to be over before it even is a viable option . The investment in that technology and making public access to highway and and industrial area improvements is daunting even more important is who is going to layout the staggering amount of capital that will be needed ( tax payer and private money ).

We are still a long way off for this to have any kind major effect on us. Fact is for now and way into the near future driver demand will outpace Supply. Even with a economic downturn .
Trusting executives will always have your back and don’t push them for a larger share of the profits or they’ll replace you if you don’t behave is a load of crap .

The union buster that came through our terminal 2014 - 2016 tried to push the same old threat that you are using word for word.

The biggest threat to workers is the continual threat and activation of laws that put workers ability organized in jeopardy. When the ability to unionize is lost that’s when employees see their biggest losses.

Last edited:
I didn't share that article. But it's still some potato brain nonsense to be like "LOOK WHO WAS IN OFFICE - **BLERGH**"
Here go look for yourself

Here go look for yourself
Stand corrected. I did not intend to share an article. Rest of my post stands.

With All do respect to your opinion. This statement is so defeatist . All through time workers face threats of replacement, termination and changing technology. Today is know different than any other period .

Jacobs even tried putting through this threat 6-7 years ago with drivers . The fact is we’re no closer today then we were then . Will it happen ? Maybe at some point to a limiting degree it could happen . What your saying is don’t push for optimum compensation because they will do it even faster. Maybe to some degree this might be possible. The argument to not push for more and accept what you have is ridiculous.

I agree it's defeatist, but looking at the playing field it's how things are going. I can be an optimist, but that doesn't change how the game is going.

People should get as much compensation as they possibly can. However, it should also be earned. Pushing for more or a union at a job that an employer is able to replace with technology is foolish. Take that energy and learn a skill that will get you into a local. The employer is planning your exit, you should be doing the same. Sure, they'll bend now but they're paying developers to get rid of you.

I don't trust executives, I trust human nature. Those with a lust for power and greed are more likely to become executives. That lust doesn't just disappear once they make it there. They should do a lot of things, but I have a solid idea on what they're going to do. It's why every LTL company pays the same. You're not going to give up seniorty in company A to go company B.

I don't see any laws on the books preventing unionization. Employees are more protected (by law) than employers. I do believe employees have the right to unionize, but there has to be an understanding of what's at risk. It's why FedEx employees (at least the ones I've spoken to) won't do it. They know what tactics FedEx will take if they do and they're not willing to jeopardize their income. How many times have you seen articles were employees are unionized and then they're completely shocked when the place shuts down? They didn't do any risk vs reward assessment. Company's will shutdown before they lose money.

I don't see any laws on the books preventing unionization.
There are only three possible reasons you said this. Either you're lying, you've never looked at a book, or you're relying on the most insultingly pedantic definition of "preventing" to ever be foisted upon the Trucking Boards community.

Sure, there is no law making unions straight up illegal. Wow. You got us good.

But there are so-called "right to work" laws in something like 20-25 states.

These laws do, in fact, in effect, actually prevent unions from being formed. Not only do these inherently unjust laws prevent unions from forming, they also cause harm to existing unions and puts financial and other resources pressures on them to force them to fold.

And there are more laws out there as well, the so-called "right to work" laws are just thr most visible and most brazen.

Employees are more protected (by law) than employers.
This is utter bull***t.

There are only three possible reasons you said this. Either you're lying, you've never looked at a book, or you're relying on the most insultingly pedantic definition of "preventing" to ever be foisted upon the Trucking Boards community.
Then you say

Sure, there is no law making unions straight up illegal. Wow. You got us good

Which one is it?

How do right to right to work laws prevent unions or hurt existing unions?

This is utter bull***t.

No, it isn't. There are laws that ensure employees have safe working conditions, that employees are compensated for the hours they work, have unemployment insurance, workers comp insurance and that's before you get into all the liability stuff.

Do you have any actual facts yet?

Then you say

Which one is it?
These aren't mutually exclusive statements, they reference each other. If you truly can't understand what those sentences mean then fixing your reading comprehension is beyond my ability to repair via message board.

Edit: I also noticed that you didn't quote the very next two sentences which also reference the previous few and further contextualizes what I wrote. This is how the interplay between words becomes sentences sentences become paragraphs, and paragraphs become narratives works.

Reading what you read as a holistic narrative rather than as individual, unconnected sentences results in it making much more sense. Give it a shot.

How do right to right to work laws prevent unions or hurt existing unions?
In a myriad of ways. In the simplest example, the laws require unions to provide benefits to non-union workers (who don't pay dues). Including the full range of collectively bargained contract items up to and including grievance representation - things which the free rider did not contribute to either by effort or dues paying. All of this is also used as a lever to prevent unions from forming in the first place as well.
Do you have any actual facts yet?
Please knock this off. It's the last act of a desperate fool. Especially since you've yet to actually defend any point you've made aside from broad fear mongering and buggy whipping innocent kiosks to death.

Last edited:
No, it isn't. There are laws that ensure employees have safe working conditions, that employees are compensated for the hours they work, have unemployment insurance, workers comp insurance and that's before you get into all the liability stuff.
I didn't say that there were no laws protecting employees. I said that the claim that employees are more protected by laws than employers is bulls**t. You made the claim, I said you're wrong. Defend it or abandon it.

Last edited:
I didn't say that there were no laws protecting employees. I said that the claim that employees are more protected by laws than employers is bulls**t. You made the claim, I said you're wrong. Defend it or abandon it.

Then use facts to prove I'm wrong. Saying it's bull isn't a fact.

Of course they're not mutually exclusive, even though they were stated back to back. Even though I didn't quote the "right to work stuff", I did address it.

Makes sense, it's how you've been debating this. Just say stuff with no data and then say it's too complex for anybody to understand, but you provide no information.

I'm not surprised. In fact, I called it before I read it. "What insults and lack of info does Tao have now?" Is what I said to myself. And of course I was on point.

Then use facts to prove I'm wrong. Saying it's bull isn't a fact.
You made the claim. It's on you to defend it, not me to disprove it. You don't get to make a declarative statement like you did and then say "Prove me wrong, bro!". It's some silly 3rd grader nonsense. Defend it or abandon it.
I'm not surprised. In fact, I called it before I read it. "What insults and lack of info does Tao have now?" Is what I said to myself. And of course I was on point.
I'd say it's funny having this rent free space in your head but you're a :shit:ty landlord. It's empty as hell in here.

As to facts, point to some you've supplied.

For myself, I can point back to the comment you didn't reply to where I explained one aspect of the unjust and anti-union "right to work" laws and how they affect unions to you.

Seriously though stop it with the "facts" Nonsense. Everyone reading along isn't fooled by it. They can see what's up, whether they agree with you or me.

You made the claim. It's on you to defend it, not me to disprove it.

I did. I referenced protections employees have in the workplace.

I'd say it's funny having this rent free space in your head but you're a ****ty landlord. It's empty as hell in here.

Ha! That's cute. It's more you being predictable.

As to facts, point to some you've supplied

Sure. I referenced the fact that most businesses are moving to apps and kiosks and supermarkets are moving to self check out to reduce the number of employees. A few people here agreed with me on that. I also referred to McDonald's removing their minimum wage lobbyists in 2019 because it's no longer a concern to them.

I listed all the protections employees have, that you said is bull.

I said there are no laws on the books preventing employees from organizing and you went on a rant about "right to work" states and how unions have to pay for the insurance of non union members. Sounds like those not in the union are coming out ahead.

I did. I referenced protections employees have in the workplace.
Thats not a defense of your claim, thats just some laws that favor workers. Your claim was that workers are protected more by laws than corporations. Defend it.

Sure. I referenced the fact that most businesses are moving to apps and kiosks and supermarkets are moving to self check out to reduce the number of employees.

That's not a fact, that's a claim. Support that most companies are doing this and defend it.

I said there are no laws on the books preventing employees from organizing and you went on a rant about "right to work" states and how unions have to pay for the insurance of non union members. Sounds like those not in the union are coming out ahead.
Your own justification for the laws proves my entire argument. Thanks.

Also how did a nicely written explanation become a rant? Lmao

The current administration is anti capitalism. You don't need jobs. You just need the government. Without jobs. What do you need a union for ?

I continue to preach. What do people that don't want jobs need with a union ?

Why would you want a job. The government doesn't want you to work.

Give me my universal basic income. Get this over with !