XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
How I feel waiting for the inbound supervisor to enter the office and hand me my run packet...

vCPXf8ah.jpg

I said before, once the first contract is signed, it'll be a different world around here....that's why the company is pulling all the rabbits outta the hat. I saw in the news that the Aurora drivers won their case against XPO and that could be a game changer.

Not only did the NLRB order XPO to negotiate, they also alerted the company that the 2 drivers who were fired must be reinstated immediately and with back pay. We'll see how they respond to that. The Supreme Court already refused to hear the Laredo case, so it seems XPO has no choice but to comply.

I’m just a trucker so it’s just opinion of course. They seem to be doing good developing in other industries I think their not being developed for multiple reasons the perception of the Teamsters has been better, non union companies realized awhile ago paying union rate and better at some companies helps keep employees happier, we have a lot of single younger guys in the industry not worried about later or healthcare coverage and costs you have be screwed a little or witness another guy get screwed before you think about rights and representation. I’m a teamster and it hasn’t been all skittles and rainbows but it’s served me well. I’m sure others have had bad experiences. I also think the union needs to do a better job at getting people to see the 70’s are gone there’s no more shady deals and everything operates within the law.

I wish the XPO guys good health and safe travels however it goes.
Respectfully, the shady deals are still ongoing. Just read the union boards. If you choose not to see it, that’s sad. Not much more to say.

Not only did the NLRB order XPO to negotiate, they also alerted the company that the 2 drivers who were fired must be reinstated immediately and with back pay. We'll see how they respond to that. The Supreme Court already refused to hear the Laredo case, so it seems XPO has no choice but to comply.

I like the doctored photos

Respectfully, the shady deals are still ongoing. Just read the union boards. If you choose not to see it, that’s sad. Not much more to say.
I see it read any of my posts and I say the Union leadership needs to be held accountable when they screw up or do wrong. The article does say “former” and disgraced. years ago a douce like Aloise would be allowed to go on being a piece of crap and you know it. Now guys like him are being held accountable. And unfortunately he is exactly what I mean when I say the union has to do better. Labeling all Teamsters or the Union leadership as bad because of a few jerk offs is wrong.

You think stuff like that don’t go on with non union company execs ?

I see it read any of my posts and I say the Union leadership needs to be held accountable when they screw up or do wrong. The article does say “former” and disgraced. years ago a douce like Aloise would be allowed to go on being a piece of crap and you know it. Now guys like him are being held accountable. And unfortunately he is exactly what I mean when I say the union has to do better. Labeling all Teamsters or the Union leadership as bad because of a few jerk offs is wrong.

You think stuff like that don’t go on with non union company execs ?
I’m sure it does. They work for you. A little different.

The current Republican administration is clearly intent on busting all unions and unless we do something about it, they will succeed.
Dems didn’t help out IBT either did they? With complete control of Congress and WH did they pass union friendly legislation? Why no OT nationwide laws? Cardcheck thing is about all that was passed and what great benefit did that really have? How dems saving the union pensions? Nope. Two big helps that should’ve been low hanging fruit. You see, whether the politician has a D or R by his name doesn’t matter. They are all bought and paid for like Hoffa

Dems didn’t help out IBT either did they? With complete control of Congress and WH did they pass union friendly legislation? Why no OT nationwide laws? Cardcheck thing is about all that was passed and what great benefit did that really have? How dems saving the union pensions? Nope. Two big helps that should’ve been low hanging fruit. You see, whether the politician has a D or R by his name doesn’t matter. They are all bought and paid for like Hoffa
No politician will do anything just because it's right.

Agreed that all are bought and paid for. As a group truck drivers could have TREMENDOUS political clout. It is one of the largest groups with common interests in North America.

Truck drivers don't have a seat at the table now because of ambivalence and all of the dividing and conquering that most likely is controlled by big businesses. No conspiracy theories , just admitting that it is easier ( and cheaper ) to manage truck drivers as long as they don't realize there is strength in numbers.

Last edited:
You're right, they didn't. Mainly because most Dems run as bluedog with an eye on the conservative vote. Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren, Keith Ellison, Kamala Harris, Ro Khanna, Mark Pocan etc... all strong progressive pro union candidates who would support labor in the same way Franklin Roosevelt did. Sanders already introduced a bill that would strengthen unions.Look it up. Even the two XPO Aurora drivers were there when the bill was introduced.

You're right, they didn't. Mainly because most Dems run as bluedog with an eye on the conservative vote. Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren, Keith Ellison, Kamala Harris, Ro Khanna, Mark Pocan etc... all strong progressive pro union candidates who would support labor in the same way Franklin Roosevelt did. Sanders already introduced a bill that would strengthen unions.Look it up. Even the two XPO Aurora drivers were there when the bill was introduced.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...rkplace-democracy-act-unions-teachers-strikes

I have to agree with you BUT It is said that a lot Teamsters who voted in the last Presidential election voted republican because they felt the democrats forgot about them. Hoffa endorses any democrat that comes along without making any of them pledge to earn our votes. And not turn this political but after meeting with Trump Hoffa said that at the meeting Trump told him if the pension bill gets to his desk he will sign it.

Being a serious voting block is a strength that Teamsters should try to gain from it does wonders for the teachers union in NJ

I have to agree with you BUT It is said that a lot Teamsters who voted in the last Presidential election voted republican because they felt the democrats forgot about them. Hoffa endorses any democrat that comes along without making any of them pledge to earn our votes. And not turn this political but after meeting with Trump Hoffa said that at the meeting Trump told him if the pension bill gets to his desk he will sign it.

Being a serious voting block is a strength that Teamsters should try to gain from it does wonders for the teachers union in NJ

That's because he knew a pension bill would NEVER reach his desk with this congress.

Friend, I consider myself conservative and would vote for a union candidate if
That's because he knew a pension bill would NEVER reach his desk with this congress.
Did one come through in the last Congress? We new then that it was needed

Status
Not open for further replies.