XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
In court you're absolutely correct but the subject was concerning company discipline. We have 4 individual systems some a federally mandated others the company has installed. Neither can be used to discipline the driver exclusively.

What happens in a court of law is outside the realm of a union contract .
When are any Union barns going to get a contract? It's been like four years since Miami and Laredo organized. You Union guys are just spinning your tires until you get something done. If you really want to organize XPO, some terminal, any terminal needs to get a contract that shows what the benefits are to organizing in the first place.

When are any Union barns going to get a contract? It's been like four years since Miami and Laredo organized. You Union guys are just spinning your tires until you get something done. If you really want to organize XPO, some terminal, any terminal needs to get a contract that shows what the benefits are to organizing in the first place.
We been at it for 2yrs . Miami a year longer . Laredo shorter than that due too the company holding up there certification forever. We are probably the furthest along with healthcare being the sticking point. We could have a contract if we accepted the current plan . We do not have the leverage at this point to push them into it. That’s where we are at. So your waiting to see if we can get it and we are stuck at negotiating for better insurance because we need more terminals to put pressure on them. That’s the situation.
We can have it if more terminals push for it.
We are not asking for any contractual language that would change The way Xpo operates . Do not think of this as anything like the the rules that YRC or Abf operate under in the master freight agreement.
This boils down to mainly better healthcare and retirement with the ability to have a grievance and arbitration ability.
Flexibility for the company is there to operate in a competitive environment. So the only reason they are resisting is they don’t want to give you the above things I mentioned.

Last edited:

Think about this for a minute. If Miami got a contract that included Team Care, OT after 8 hours, Reduced disciplines, a grievance and arbitration process, etc. etc, etc...how fast would you run to your local to sign up. I believe you would leave skid marks. Don't you think the company knows that? And with that in mind, why would the company be in any rush to negotiate that type of contract. Their goal is to delay this thing enough, hoping that people lose interest and let it all fold up and die. Or, negotiate a substandard contract so they can push the narrative that the union can't provide you with anything you don't already have.

Union barns will get a contract when enough non union barns stand up and support them in their efforts. I have posted on just about every site related to XPO, including Change Conway to Win, XPO Exposed, XPO Worker Bees, XPO Uncensored, Express Team Talk and even Union Free NNC. I have had very civil and fairly productive conversations with all. The one impression I get is that the vast majority of drivers in this system are fed up and disgusted with the lack of leadership and lack of respect they receive. The majority are unhappy with this company yet, they are clearly unwilling to do anything about it. Some just don't care and other are very happy with their situation. Men on this board complain constantly, yet feel that the union is not the answer to their problems. When I ask for an alternative solution that I could get on board with, the silence is deafening.

I never thought I would say this, nor do I want to, but I will anyway. If you are one of the unhappy ones, it's time to grow a pair of balls, go down to your local and sign a card. YOU DON'T NEED A CONTRACT TO SHOW YOU WHAT THE BENEFITS OF ORGANIZING ARE. The benefits are staring you right in the face. How much are you paying in insurance premiums? Ask some one who had to use their insurance if they're happy with the out of pocket or deductibles? How many Line Haul runs have been cut and how many guys are sitting home while subs move their freight and make their money? How many frivolous LOI's this month? I could go on and on and on. You just have to want those benefits enough to take them. No one barn, nor 9 or 10 barns have the power to get the contract we deserve. We need to stand together as one unshakeable force and demonstrate the power of unity in achieving our mutual goals. Sounds like a utopian dream; believe me, I get it. But it's the only way we can achieve our goals.

The companies main argument against unionization is Flexibility.
So if we’re offering them all the flexibility they need operationally and the only thing left is economics then what’s their really saying is your not worth the better healthcare and retirement.
That’s it in a nutshell.

So if we’re offering them all the flexibility they need operationally and the only thing left is economics then what’s their really saying is your not worth the better healthcare and retirement.
That’s it in a nutshell.

Make no mistake about it, the company still gets to run their business. Their policies remain virtually intact with a few important exceptions. And, if I may add to your comment, what they're saying is that maximizing their profits to compensate upper management and shareholders takes precedence over the people who actually do the work that generates those profits.

That will never happen.
As long as the contract at the few union LTL carriers continue the way they are going. There is no plus side for workers.

That will never happen.
As long as the contract at the few union LTL carriers continue the way they are going. There is no plus side for workers.
I did pickups in chicago for apa when i was with mj seiwert you mite have done the reverse where you are at the major account was kmart we had the bulk break facility del to kmart store driver assist trailer bumps dock workers scatter and hide like roaches

Line haul runs getting cut left and right while sub service long boxes flow freely between terminals. Line haul drivers relegated to working the dock and being sent home after 4 or 6 hours. Is there any explanation for this policy? Am I missing something?

Line haul runs getting cut left and right while sub service long boxes flow freely between terminals. Line haul drivers relegated to working the dock and being sent home after 4 or 6 hours. Is there any explanation for this policy? Am I missing something?
The stock price is low. The bottom line is the bottom line baby

I'm happy I bid city this year xpo cut our linehaul runs from 6 to 2 runs when the new bids started. Almost right after we lost our election to become Teamsters what a coincidence. Told this is the new model everyone comes in and picks our freight and brings it back. Happy new year.

That’s it in a nutshell.
And what about seniority? The way we have to bid our vacations and pto days is BS

I can't imagine what might be next in store for us. I really can't imagine what it's going to take to open the eyes and minds of all the men and women in this system. When will enough be enough? They began by taking small benefits, like bereavement and PTO accrual. That wasn't enough. Then, they turned drive cam from coaching to discipline. That wasn't enough. We can't even keep track of the policies they change whenever the mood hits them, like disability qualifications. That wasn't enough. Then they summarily refused to even consider the Team Care health care plan, even though it would save their employees thousands of dollars in co pays, out of pocket costs and premiums. That wasn't enough. Then, they illegally gave Rockaway a 2.00 raise, only to cut their LH runs by 66% and cut their P&D hours and their OT. And, that wasn't enough. They cut negative PTO and then they gave it back. They could cut it again, any time they choose. That wasn't enough. Now, they made commitments to drivers to eliminate sub service, causing drivers to bid on runs they would never get to work. Sub service carriers are running stronger than ever, running YOUR FREIGHT and making YOUR MONEY, while you sit home looking out at the night sky for answers. It seems this isn't enough either. What the hell is it going to take? Do they have to come to your home and steal everything you own, beat your family and kill your dog? Will you stand by watching all of this and still say, "Well, I'm still lucky to have a job." I can buy new stuff, the wife and kids will heal and we can always get another dog! I can't believe that I even have to explain this concept to you over and over and over again. We are hard working, dedicated and loyal men and women who are largely responsible for the profits this company showers on their executive managers and their shareholders. But, we're not worth a decent healthcare plan nor a reasonably comfortable retirement. It's time for us to stand up for our lives, our families and ourselves? Where's our share? If it ain't now...tell me when!

I'm happy I bid city this year xpo cut our linehaul runs from 6 to 2 runs when the new bids started. Almost right after we lost our election to become Teamsters what a coincidence. Told this is the new model everyone comes in and picks our freight and brings it back. Happy new year.

I clicked on "like", but I really hate that they can get away with this ::shit::. You still have a chance to let them know how you feel about all of this. Don't let that chance pass you by again.

I can't imagine what might be next in store for us. I really can't imagine what it's going to take to open the eyes and minds of all the men and women in this system. When will enough be enough? They began by taking small benefits, like bereavement and PTO accrual. That wasn't enough. Then, they turned drive cam from coaching to discipline. That wasn't enough. We can't even keep track of the policies they change whenever the mood hits them, like disability qualifications. That wasn't enough. Then they summarily refused to even consider the Team Care health care plan, even though it would save their employees thousands of dollars in co pays, out of pocket costs and premiums. That wasn't enough. Then, they illegally gave Rockaway a 2.00 raise, only to cut their LH runs by 66% and cut their P&D hours and their OT. And, that wasn't enough. They cut negative PTO and then they gave it back. They could cut it again, any time they choose. That wasn't enough. Now, they made commitments to drivers to eliminate sub service, causing drivers to bid on runs they would never get to work. Sub service carriers are running stronger than ever, running YOUR FREIGHT and making YOUR MONEY, while you sit home looking out at the night sky for answers. It seems this isn't enough either. What the hell is it going to take? Do they have to come to your home and steal everything you own, beat your family and kill your dog? Will you stand by watching all of this and still say, "Well, I'm still lucky to have a job." I can buy new stuff, the wife and kids will heal and we can always get another dog! I can't believe that I even have to explain this concept to you over and over and over again. We are hard working, dedicated and loyal men and women who are largely responsible for the profits this company showers on their executive managers and their shareholders. But, we're not worth a decent healthcare plan nor a reasonably comfortable retirement. It's time for us to stand up for our lives, our families and ourselves? Where's our share? If it ain't now...tell me when!
Wow. A little over dramatic much? Every single carrier is doing the same ::shit::, union or not. Go get your own authority and make your own rules, or put up with what we have. It’s not going to change, so ride it out, or get on another horse.

Truth

Wow. A little over dramatic much? Every single carrier is doing the same :::shit:::, union or not. Go get your own authority and make your own rules, or put up with what we have. It’s not going to change, so ride it out, or get on another horse.
Looks like your going to have a long rough ride or you have the ability to pressure them to improve things. You choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.