XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
the average pay would not matter it how far the money you make will go. Just because you make 200K in Cal does get you much since the average home price is 1.2 million
You do realize that the average in salary for non-union companies may be higher in a higher cost of living state?

You do realize that the average in salary for non-union companies may be higher in a higher cost of living state?
Yes I do. Just because you make a high salary doesn't mean you money go very far. If I lived in a high tax state making 20K more then you living in a very low or no tax state the 20K pay difference is a wash because in the long run I pay more just to live

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/09/02/record-number-americans-working-157-million-job-u-s/

On Labor Day 2019 there are 7.3 million job openings in the U.S.. according to the agency.
The video reveals other relevant statistics including:

• 99 percent of Americans got a bigger raise, the Wall Street Journal reported in July
  • Wage growth at or above three percent for 12 straight months
  • “Job Switchers See Best Wage Gains Since 2007” — Bloomberg News
  • Set or matched record low unemployment for veterans and Asian Americans, Hispanics, and the disabled
  • Second lowest mining fatalities on record
  • 45,800 workplace injuries in the last reported year
  • Trump administration introduces apprenticeship program
  • U.S manufacturers pledge to train 1.2 million workers amid skilled labor shortage
  • Labor has taken 25 “deregulation actions”
  • $304 million in back wages recovered in fiscal year 2018

From the Bureau of Labor Statistics; Nationwide statistics for union versus non-union compensation from 2001 through 2011. Can't find more recent information, but I am certain that the 2011 through 2019 results are similar. You can quote anything you like, but the bottom line will always be that union employees are always better compensated than non union employees, REGARDLESS OF THE STATE THEY LIVE IN OR THE COST OF LIVING IN THAT STATE.

https://www.bls.gov/opub/mlr/2013/04/art2full.pdf

Last edited:
Yes I do. Just because you make a high salary doesn't mean you money go very far. If I lived in a high tax state making 20K more then you living in a very low or no tax state the 20K pay difference is a wash because in the long run I pay more just to live

From the Bureau of Labor Statistics; Nationwide statistics for union versus non-union compensation from 2001 through 2011. Can't find more recent information, but I am certain that the 2011 through 2019 results are similar. You can quote anything you like, but the bottom line will always be that union employees are always better compensated than non union employees, REGARDLESS OF THE STATE THEY LIVE IN OR THE COST OF LIVING IN THAT STATE.

https://www.bls.gov/opub/mlr/2013/04/art2full.pdf

For those of you who would rather not read the entire text of what I just posted, the AVERAGE difference between union and non union wages and benefits in this country amounts to 10.52 per hour.

10.52 PER HOUR

I know that I just wanted the correct facts put out there. Passed and signed when they were in control of congress and the Pres
the average pay would not matter it how far the money you make will go. Just because you make 200K in Cal does get you much since the average home price is 1.2 million
I don’t think it is for the most part

You know what would make me want a union at my company? Sefl and xpo have many similarities in regard to employee treatment.
Work rules. (No bosses pets getting early starts or easy runs or off early)
Seniority honored. (Truck assignments, route choice, etc)
Abf level benefits
401k offered if I preferred it over a or in addition to a pension. Diversification
No PT if a driver sits at home.
Job security*** can’t be fired because you got on the bosses hit list for disagreeing with him or because he just doesn’t like you.
Time and a half if we work more than 40.
Annual raises

If a union can do this without bankrupting the company then I’m in.

So, I guess you didn't read it either. Click on the link and you'll find it's not TDS that is causing the Democrats to oppose the new deal. In fact, it's a lack of labor protection that could lead to even more job losses if the US has to compete with Mexico in the job market. It's also lack of protection from drug companies who can extend patents and keep drug prices artificially inflated. There are environmental issues also. Why not read the f#$%ing article instead of posting more :horseshit:? The Democrats are OPPOSED to the deal in it's current form because it HURTS AMERICAN WORKERS!!Tell me again how they don't care about you. There are over 170 bills introduced into the Democratic controlled house that are stalled in the Republican controlled senate, because Republicans don't care about you. They only care for their billionaire donors. Wake up!

https://www.csis.org/analysis/road-ratification-democrats-resistance-usmca
Tell me who's hurting the farmer now
https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/farmers-congress-usmca-ymca
Oh sorry it from fix news it must be fake

You know what would make me want a union at my company? Sefl and xpo have many similarities in regard to employee treatment.
Work rules. (No bosses pets getting early starts or easy runs or off early)
Seniority honored. (Truck assignments, route choice, etc)
Abf level benefits
401k offered if I preferred it over a or in addition to a pension. Diversification
No PT if a driver sits at home.
Job security*** can’t be fired because you got on the bosses hit list for disagreeing with him or because he just doesn’t like you.
Time and a half if we work more than 40.
Annual raises

If a union can do this without bankrupting the company then I’m in.

THEY CAN, However...

As we stand now, only 200 to 250 drivers and dock men have had the courage to speak up and ask for it. None of what you asked for can't be had if everyone spoke up and demanded it. Don't even need everyone. If one third spoke up, we could have a contract with ALL of that in it and neither Southeastern nor XPO nor Old Dominion would have any difficulty paying for it.

When you become complacent and satisfied with mediocrity, that's all you'll ever get. I don't understand it because, since the buyout, this company has shown very clearly the path they have chosen to take. They keep stripping benefits and increasing discipline, and we're NOT OK with it, yet we choose to let it slide and do nothing about it.

This company may be on the decline right now, but there is way too much capital and potential involved for them to let it go by the boards. My own personal theory is that they are headed to the Ceva model; everyone leases their truck from them and gets paid on a 1099. It is the most profitable way for a transportation company to operate. We can stop it, if we choose and force them to address their management issues internally and return to a stable profitable entity. Yes, we can.

THEY CAN, However...

As we stand now, only 200 to 250 drivers and dock men have had the courage to speak up and ask for it. None of what you asked for can't be had if everyone spoke up and demanded it. Don't even need everyone. If one third spoke up, we could have a contract with ALL of that in it and neither Southeastern nor XPO nor Old Dominion would have any difficulty paying for it.

When you become complacent and satisfied with mediocrity, that's all you'll ever get. I don't understand it because, since the buyout, this company has shown very clearly the path they have chosen to take. They keep stripping benefits and increasing discipline, and we're NOT OK with it, yet we choose to let it slide and do nothing about it.

This company may be on the decline right now, but there is way too much capital and potential involved for them to let it go by the boards. My own personal theory is that they are headed to the Ceva model; everyone leases their truck from them and gets paid on a 1099. It is the most profitable way for a transportation company to operate. We can stop it, if we choose and force them to address their management issues internally and return to a stable profitable entity. Yes, we can.

Is that what they say about YRC ??? We are going to return to being a profitable entity ??? How is that working out ?

Tell me who's hurting the farmer now
https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/farmers-congress-usmca-ymca
Oh sorry it from fix news it must be fake

This is from Forbes Magazine, a bastion of conservative journalism, explaining why the Democrats are hesitant to bring USMCA to the floor for a vote. If you don't want to read it, it states there is no way to enforce the changes made to labor in Mexico and without enforcement, American jobs will continue to be in jeopardy. From FORBES, not CNN or MSNBC.

It’s not unreasonable for Democrats to suspect that an agreement negotiated by a Republican administration might not make things measurably better for workers in Mexico or the United States. Nor is it unreasonable for them to be suspicious given that the Trump administration proposed a 79% budget cut for the Labor Department’s Bureau of International Labor Affairs, which is responsible for enforcing the labor provisions of U.S. free trade agreements.

“This has not engendered a lot of confidence on our side that this administration is serious about enforcement,” said Rep. Ron Kind, D-Wisc.

This is not to say that USMCA isn’t an improvement over NAFTA. The latter has no labor or environmental chapters. Those issues are addressed in side agreements that are only marginally enforceable. The governments of Mexico, Canada and the United States moved them into the body of the USMCA and made them fully enforceable. That’s an improvement, but “enforceable” and “enforced” are not synonymous.

In order to appease congressional Democrats, the Mexican legislature is working toward amendments to its labor law to allow workers to form unions and enter into collective bargaining agreements.

McCarthy said this represented a fait accompli, even though the amendments have yet to take effect, and that House Democrats no longer had any reason to delay a vote on the USMCA.

Enacting legislation is one thing; enforcing it is another. Enforcement costs money and Mexico is a relatively poor country with a high degree of corruption. So, Democrats want assurance that the labor reforms will be enacted and enforced.

This was more than apparent during a hearing on USMCA enforcement Tuesday in the House Ways and Means Committee’s Trade Subcommittee.

“When people are making a buck twenty-five an hour, that’s why we lose jobs. This is why we export (labor), regardless of what industry you’re talking about,” said Rep. Bill Pascrell, D-N.J. Yet, in the quarter century that NAFTA has been in effect, “there has yet to be a successful (U.S.) labor enforcement case” against Mexico.

For all their hyperbole about what a fantastic agreement USMCA is, Republican members of the Trade Subcommittee said nothing to assuage the Democrats’ fear that labor rights would not be adequately enforced.

Rep. Tom Rice, R-S.C., glibly suggested that enforcement of the agreement’s labor and environmental chapters be revisited in five years, so as to “readjust and maybe fix it if some of these things don’t work.”

A witness at the hearing, Owen Herrnstadt of the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers, said, “the time to convince a country to get labor rights enforced and honored is before the deal is signed, not after. If there’s anything we’ve learned in the past, that’s one of the truisms.”

Is that what they say about YRC ??? We are going to return to being a profitable entity ??? How is that working out ?

It's not. YRC has suffered YEARS of mismanagement right along with the CSPF. It's a perfect storm of incompetency. Conway was bleeding to death just 10 years ago and recovered. Neither XPO, SE, OD or Saia have any of the baggage carried by YRC. It's apples and oranges.

I understand your skepticism and agree with you most of the time. We're on the same side here. I think our basic difference is that I think it's does no harm to try and you think it's a waste of time. We're all working this joke any way, why not try to get a laugh out of it and watch them squirm a bit. It's a free ride and if you don't like the result, you can always go back to where you are now. No charge, no harm, no foul.

It's not. YRC has suffered YEARS of mismanagement right along with the CSPF. It's a perfect storm of incompetency. Conway was bleeding to death just 10 years ago and recovered. Neither XPO, SE, OD or Saia have any of the baggage carried by YRC. It's apples and oranges.
So true

When was the last time the teamsters grew a pair and said nope, we strike? All I’ve seen is “ that’s the best we’re going to get boys, better vote yes.”

When was the last strike?

69783340_2369923536396899_4946608654796193792_n.jpg

When was the last time the teamsters grew a pair and said nope, we strike? All I’ve seen is “ that’s the best we’re going to get boys, better vote yes.”

When was the last strike?

Another fair point. The NEXT strike will be when we have more members. As always, strength in numbers. It's hard to fight a battle against a company with unlimited resources. They can usually wait you out. Withholding labor is the biggest tool in the tool box, but you have to be in a position to withhold ALL labor and not just some of it. It's the only way to level the playing field and deny them their resources, so they can't use those resources against you.

Another fair point. The NEXT strike will be when we have more members. As always, strength in numbers. It's hard to fight a battle against a company with unlimited resources. They can usually wait you out. Withholding labor is the biggest tool in the tool box, but you have to be in a position to withhold ALL labor and not just some of it. It's the only way to level the playing field and deny them their resources, so they can't use those resources against you.
How many members at yrc, abf and upsf?

Status
Not open for further replies.