XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is one of the biggest problem with us all being paid the same. The guy bumping docks and playing on his phone gets the same as the one doing the liftgate and residentials. If there was more money on the liftgate truck some drivers would be fighting over it.
I felt the same way about driving that God-forsaken flat-bed that carries the Relo Cubes. NOBODY wanted to do it. But, slap a $3/hour premium on it, you’d have guys lining up at the dispatch window for it!

What reply were you expecting to get? Didn't you know anyone that votes NO for the union is an ass kisser, company cheerleader, scab, or any other name they want to call you. Didn't you learn anything from the 2016 election you deplorable. This is what it has come down to name calling just because you disagree with them or don't vote the way they want you to.
Damn it Driver, you are correct. Just call me an ass kisser, company cheerleader and a scab. Throw a little deplorable on top and you nailed my portfolio. I have my two decades here. I never kissed ass to get where I am but rather I just put in my (65+ hours a week) time. I didn't kiss ass in the military I don't kiss ass in the civilian world. I don't hold it against people who work many years to get where they're at. Good on them. Anyone can call me whatever name they want or harbor all the ill will in the world towards me. I will just collect my check at the end of the week and go to my debt free home and grin like a mule eating briers. Long hours, good pay and no ill gotten gains equals a happy life. I, as a deplorable, like it.

The added layer is having to keep up with this nonsense and doing it for free. There are drama queens that live for that, but I already have a job- I don't need another one. And you certainly can't let the Teamsters out of your sight.

Not that they'd let you anyway- you can't be outraged properly if they don't constantly remind you how. Who really wants to be chased around by an organization that functions as a tinfoil millinery, calling you and texting you and emailing you and parading around your workplace sounding off about all the ways you're being cheated and how great their leadership is? No, thank you.

There was a time, not long ago, when I didn't have to think about unions at this company. I'm looking forward to going back there one day.

And,, the added layer of bullshit is??? Once again, more generalities. Still not ONE valid reason for your opposition, unless ,of course, you're benefiting from your opposition.

SMH. Still playing that one, huh? I suppose it's easier than accepting that the messianic zeal of this campaign is uninspiring to and flatly rejected by a majority of your coworkers.

Not playing anything. I only state facts. The only reason any sane man would turn away from the benefits of unionization, especially the Team Care plan is fear of reprisals and fear of retribution.

Damn it Driver, you are correct. Just call me an ass kisser, company cheerleader and a scab. Throw a little deplorable on top and you nailed my portfolio. I have my two decades here. I never kissed ass to get where I am but rather I just put in my (65+ hours a week) time. I didn't kiss ass in the military I don't kiss ass in the civilian world. I don't hold it against people who work many years to get where they're at. Good on them. Anyone can call me whatever name they want or harbor all the ill will in the world towards me. I will just collect my check at the end of the week and go to my debt free home and grin like a mule eating briers. Long hours, good pay and no ill gotten gains equals a happy life. I, as a deplorable, like it.
Thank you for all your long hours and hard work ( and your service ). Thank you to all the good professional drivers.

If my posts lean in a certain direction it's because over the years it seems like hard work and consistency mean less and less. Experience is devalued over technology. Wisdom is swept aside in favor of education.

I don't know if unionization is the answer but I can tell you at least two people are working hard to convince others in this thread.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with technology and continuous improvement. Keep in mind that no matter how many improvements are made a bad idea is still a bad idea. A lazy person is still a lazy person.

You read people implying or flat out blaming drivers if new technology or plans don't work. If you are a driver and just do like you are told and things don't work , then who's responsible?

Yes, a nice fat check that they would have received anyway in weekly increments, had they kept their jobs. They got some interest, but they also had to get fired and participate in all the administrative junk that goes with that. At best, I'd say it's a push on that hand.

What push? XPO paid for labor they didn't receive, plus interest. They paid because they broke the law. AND...the fact that they paid should prove to everyone on these boards that there is no risk and nothing to fear by signing a card and unionizing.

Yet they're still handing out indictments and the guy in charge is still the son of the guy in charge at the height of Teamster corruption. If you're able to type that bit about "cleaning up their act" with a straight face, I'm impressed.

More bullshit fear mongering. The son of the son of the son...blah, blah, blah. You used to be a challenge. What happened?

A few?? Oh, it's a lot more than that, from the crooked white collars up top to the guys on the bottom that provide the inspiration for union stereotypes. Same as it ever was.

Do you think they'll ever clean up XPO management? Or the company shills and union busters they plant on social media.

Because that's the real opinion. The super polite thing is just an act. The union knows two of its biggest image problems are strong arm tactics and corruption, so they pretend to be ultra respectful and open, but it's hard to keep that up for 3 years. Just after the election it was:

And now it's...

Just gonna kick back here and wait for Hollywoodz to announce that Sucker has lost all of HIS credibility on the boards.

The only people who lose credibility with me are people who LIE, especially those who LIE to draw an image of a man of integrity and make him out to be the same kind of liar that they are. It's particularly heinous when the lie is intended to influence opinion negatively on an entity that's trying to help us.

Nope , it hasn’t changed much since after the vote . Ass kissers are still around , we all get along better than ever . Ass kissers included.
All is good , but I’m flattered after all this time you still are bitter enough to do the research to find old post to try to discredit me.
Business must be slow ?
I especially love it when they come up with posts from 2 years ago and say, "you said this and now your saying this, which is it? This...or this??? it's like the Pee Wee Herman show. Once again. NO LEGITIMATE REASON FOR OPPOSITION TO UNIONIZATION.

Once again, more generalities. Still not ONE valid reason for your opposition...

LOL, I don't need your validation.

...unless ,of course, you're benefiting from your opposition.

What benefits are you referring to?

The only reason any sane man would turn away from the benefits of unionization, especially the Team Care plan is fear of reprisals and fear of retribution.

Now that's naivete- mixed in with a No True Scotsman fallacy.

Here, I'll help you out:

HEY EVERYONE! Don't be afraid- he's right about the retribution. They can't fire you for organizing or close your barn for union activity. It's the law.

There, I just shot myself right in the foot I guess. Now those petitions will just start rolling in for you guys. You're welcome.

What push? XPO paid for labor they didn't receive, plus interest.

And also don't have most of those employees on their payroll anymore in a perfectly legal and ethical way. You think XPO lost on that transaction?

More :horseshit: fear mongering. The son of the son of the son...blah, blah, blah.

Wave your hand at it if you want, but the indictments in his organization speak for themselves. I suppose it's just a coincidence. And his act is so clean and wholesome that in the last election he split the vote with a faction specifically created to address corruption and undemocratic leadership practices in the union. But sure, he's a saint.

Do you think they'll ever clean up XPO management?

Seems like they turn theirs over much more often than the Teamsters do, and without the charges.

Or the company shills and union busters they plant on social media.

*gasp* The whaaaat?

The only people who lose credibility with me are people who LIE, especially those who LIE to draw an image of a man of integrity and make him out to be the same kind of liar that they are.

Yes, that does sound terrible. I hope you don't encounter anyone like that on these pages.

The added layer is having to keep up with this nonsense and doing it for free. There are drama queens that live for that, but I already have a job- I don't need another one. And you certainly can't let the Teamsters out of your sight.

Not that they'd let you anyway- you can't be outraged properly if they don't constantly remind you how. Who really wants to be chased around by an organization that functions as a tinfoil millinery, calling you and texting you and emailing you and parading around your workplace sounding off about all the ways you're being cheated and how great their leadership is? No, thank you.

There was a time, not long ago, when I didn't have to think about unions at this company. I'm looking forward to going back there one day.
Good heavens! I spent 25 years in the Teamsters Union, and don’t ever recall witnessing what you imply...that union reps are at the workplace following us around spewing anti-management vitriol. And if he was down there, it was to clear up managements confusion over something contractual. As far as texting, calling or emailing, that was rare. When I did get a phone call or a text, it was a business matter. Not sure how you concoct those scenarios, but your mind is made up. I can respect that.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with technology and continuous improvement. Keep in mind that no matter how many improvements are made a bad idea is still a bad idea.
What make a company strong is how the weather and handle those bad ideas.
I see absolutely nothing wrong with technology and continuous improvement.
You must improve, change, and grow with the market or you company will end up in the BONE YARD on truckingboards.com

Status
Not open for further replies.