XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really!!! Then why did he get into the trash business and then the rental equipment business. They are both asset heavy and both are still in business today. He could have just stayed at Amerex Oil Assc or Hamilton Resources
if he want to stay asset light.

You answered your own question. He sold them because he never actually wanted to have to deal with them long term. Build, gut, sell.

The difference between a guy like me and a guy like Fly by Night is simple. His mantra is much like Wiggle Wagon's "It's all about me." As long as his needs are being met, he couldn't care less about the people with whom he works.
Wow now you are comparing me to Wiggle Wagon. I don't know how I should feel????? For one you no nothing about me you may think you do but you don't. I am one of the few that has the balls to open his mouth to management. Unlike other that just bitch in the yard and when it come time to put up or shut up what do they do????? You guess it they shut up.
When he said an organizer promised him a UPS contract, that was a lie.
I never said it was an "organizer" if you are from the local union standing out front of my work you are representing the union and what you say to me and other can go a long way or no were. I know what I heard don't worry I get video next time and a name.
I personally know the organizers who worked his campaign and I asked them about it.
Lets see..... There was no campaign at my barn so you may think you know were I work out of. You are more then free to PM with your guess, or have Sucker666 do it since you don't talk to me
Corruption that no longer exists.
https://www.npr.org/2019/11/20/7814...ones-abruptly-resigns-amid-corruption-scandal
https://www.chicagotribune.com/inve...0190808-klbsxdhyivgkbcratox4m3dwbe-story.html
http://www.ualmechanics.com/corruptibt.html
Anyone who believes that corporate America, or any other country, really cares about anything other than profit is crazy. Every cent of their profit is a direct result of the work we do
Well what happens when a company doesn't turn a profit?????? Can we say go out of business... Can you say what the ONE thing the union needs in order to have a union????? Can you. Maybe just let Sucker666 answer that for you.
Did you read this because no were in here did I see were XPO wants to use the Ceva Model. Here a fun fact Ceva has company drivers. It just talks about that XPO could be interested in acquiring Ceva Logistics and the problems with the Norbert Dentressangle SA deal and French law.

You answered your own question. He sold them because he never actually wanted to have to deal with them long term. Build, gut, sell.
Spot on ! Buy companies bring cost down by gutting them . Buy another in the same industry , do the same and stack them to increase the mother companies overall revenue. Build the share price in the process, thus creating personal wealth. Exit at its pinnacle.
No it’s not a crime to do this . It’s just the way it works . Building a company on organic growth alone takes time and knowledge. It just takes too long to create wealth the old traditional way . Hence that’s why we see the deterioration from inside the company as employees and the public only sees the brilliant marketing. You know the claims being made at the top to sell to investors that hit you like a ton of bricks in falsehoods when you here them. You all know when you here it .

I don’t understand why this is such a mystery to some at this point still . The part where he takes from us has been stifled in two parts by a driver shortage and a ongoing union threat. When or if both of these subsides you may see to what degree it possible to loose more.

So he built a company then sold it. Let see home builders do it all the time. They buy land do all the construction and sell the houses for a profit. I guess you have a problem with that...

So he built a company then sold it. Let see home builders do it all the time. They buy land do all the construction and sell the houses for a profit. I guess you have a problem with that...

If you truly can not disambiguate the difference between building and selling a house and buying a company and stripping it of all of its cash reserves, selling all of its assets, debt loading, and then parting it out on the scrap heap, I'm not sure where to even go with this conversation.

That is correct but their use is spelled out in a contract and can not circumvent the use of unionized employees . With Xpo they could replace half the drivers tomorrow with subs if they wanted.

You don't think they want to ? They do. There are more factors at play than simply wanting to. It's a bit tougher than that. Thankfully. And Jacobs is all about computer driven trucks. But his ass will be dead before that's a reality. Not that it matters. My whole peddle yesterday I didn't see a dock until my pick ups. Computers can't do what we do in LTL.

Spot on ! Buy companies bring cost down by gutting them . Buy another in the same industry , do the same and stack them to increase the mother companies overall revenue. Build the share price in the process, thus creating personal wealth. Exit at its pinnacle.
No it’s not a crime to do this . It’s just the way it works . Building a company on organic growth alone takes time and knowledge. It just takes too long to create wealth the old traditional way . Hence that’s why we see the deterioration from inside the company as employees and the public only sees the brilliant marketing. You know the claims being made at the top to sell to investors that hit you like a ton of bricks in falsehoods when you here them. You all know when you here it .

I don’t understand why this is such a mystery to some at this point still . The part where he takes from us has been stifled in two parts by a driver shortage and a ongoing union threat. When or if both of these subsides you may see to what degree it possible to loose more.

These kids won't do this job. To many hoops to jump through. Can't smoke weed. To many hours. No set schedule. :shit:ty health care. I don't blame them. The compensation is no longer enough to be worth the risks. This job is literally more dangerous than being a cop or a firefighter. The only reasons we all got into doing this work is for the income, retirement and health care. That was back then. Now the income don't go as far as it used to. And the retirement and health care are obsolete. And this company works to find ways to cheat it's employees out of more and more everyday. Been that way since around 2006. Long before XPO ever bought us. Where and how do you think a shortage will end ? With this being the status quo.

Was reading an article on the Teamsters website that the NLRB on Monday November 25 announced the XPO did some coercing the drivers atXRN and a couple of terminals giving them raises so they wouldn't vote union

Was reading an article on the Teamsters website that the NLRB on Monday November 25 announced the XPO did some coercing the drivers atXRN and a couple of terminals giving them raises so they wouldn't vote union
Yes the Nlrb again ruled against the company. Finding was they bought the vote.

Charges pending in Laredo also

Most of you who have read any of my posts know that I lean toward the union free workplace, but I still believe in the rights of people to organize their workplace as provided by law. I also support any lawful method the company might use to keep the union out, but breaking the law in the manner described in the articles I posted has just exposed XPO leadership as desparate to do whatever it takes to maintain their heavy handed, top down control over us. It's no secret that upper management views us hourly folk as more of a necessary nuisance than an asset, but for Christ's sake, the least they could do is be a bit less blatent about it. Keep it up XPO and this war you have declared on us, on your workforce, on your bread and butter assets, might not work out so well for you.

Most of you who have read any of my posts know that I lean toward the union free workplace, but I still believe in the rights of people to organize their workplace as provided by law. I also support any lawful method the company might use to keep the union out, but breaking the law in the manner described in the articles I posted has just exposed XPO leadership as desparate to do whatever it takes to maintain their heavy handed, top down control over us. It's no secret that upper management views us hourly folk as more of a necessary nuisance than an asset, but for Christ's sake, the least they could do is be a bit less blatent about it. Keep it up XPO and this war you have declared on us, on your workforce, on your bread and butter assets, might not work out so well for you.
I respect your opinion to prefer to work union free. I did it for 20 plus years here . But things have slowly evolved over the years to where the taking and added ways of losing your job just became overwhelming for myself.
In almost every if not every charge placed against the company has been ruled in the workers favor and the company found to be blatant in breaking the law . I understand it is key to them to keep the company union free but to a what cost? In this whole drive the company has not made any major improvements that favor the workers unless they took something from some where else to pay for it.
They have barraged every terminal prior to there vote and showed no concessions to the employees to improve their situation. Instead they used illegal tactics which goes even further to **** off employees more . It’s not like their battling the union alone there doing to their employees who only want a fair say .

Xpo is loosing credibility with its employees.

Last edited:
I respect your opinion to prefer to work union free. I did it for 20 plus years here . But things have slowly evolved over the years to where the taking and added ways of losing your job just became overwhelming for myself.
In almost every if not every charge placed against the company has been ruled in the workers favor and the company found to be blatant in breaking the law . I understand it is key to them to keep the company union free but to a what cost? In this whole drive the company has not made any major improvements that favor the workers unless they took something from some where else to pay for it.
They have barraged every terminal prior to there vote and showed no concessions to the employees to improve their situation. Instead they used illegal tactics which goes even further to **** off employees more . It’s not like their battling the union alone there doing to their employees who only want a fair say .

Xpo is loosing credibility with its employees.
You asked a good question in this post. "I understand it is key tothe to keep the company union free, but at what cost?" It is my fear that the answer to that question is selling us off and risking being owned by even a worse group of shareholders, or closing the doors on LTL altogether. After reading the two articles I posted, I truly believe that XPO will stop at nothing to prevent the employees from getting a contract, because I mean that is the bottom line, right? Their ultimate fear is a bonafide contract. I remarked earlier that the company is at war with the hourly employees and your post goes right to that in that it appears the company has never stopped to consider that these organizing efforts are warning shots that they need to improve their business model relative to us and relative to our customers. But yet no, they keep doubling down on the stuff that's damaging their credibility with the workforce and the customer. What sucks for me is that I work in a barn where labor and mngmt actually do get along and we all dislike equally what this company does and we talk about it openly. At my barn, it's like mngmt and labor are mostly in synch in our disgust with how the company goes about it's business. If I were to ever get on board with organizing I would need to do it in a place where local mngmt is actively trying to screw over the hourly employees and that isn't happening where I work. So I am torn. On one hand, I don't want to put walls between positive professional relationships at the local level, but at the corporate level I want to see a massive labor movement started just to spite them.

You asked a good question in this post. "I understand it is key tothe to keep the company union free, but at what cost?" It is my fear that the answer to that question is selling us off and risking being owned by even a worse group of shareholders, or closing the doors on LTL altogether. After reading the two articles I posted, I truly believe that XPO will stop at nothing to prevent the employees from getting a contract, because I mean that is the bottom line, right? Their ultimate fear is a bonafide contract. I remarked earlier that the company is at war with the hourly employees and your post goes right to that in that it appears the company has never stopped to consider that these organizing efforts are warning shots that they need to improve their business model relative to us and relative to our customers. But yet no, they keep doubling down on the stuff that's damaging their credibility with the workforce and the customer. What sucks for me is that I work in a barn where labor and mngmt actually do get along and we all dislike equally what this company does and we talk about it openly. At my barn, it's like mngmt and labor are mostly in synch in our disgust with how the company goes about it's business. If I were to ever get on board with organizing I would need to do it in a place where local mngmt is actively trying to screw over the hourly employees and that isn't happening where I work. So I am torn. On one hand, I don't want to put walls between positive professional relationships at the local level, but at the corporate level I want to see a massive labor movement started just to spite them.
I believe if XPO would give , yes give EXCELLENT health care it would put a lot of guys wanting the union at ease . I mean with all the $$$$ this company spends fighting the union if they would put it toward health ins they would be far ahead with morale and when hiring it would be a great benefit to offer a new hire .

Why does it matter if the local management is actively trying to screw you? Is local management following the rules that both they and you agree are wrong or unfair?

Organizing isn't about what the SCM is doing, it is about what his corporate bosses demand that he do. I honestly don't think my SCM really agrees with a lot of the stuff he does, but he does what the company rules tell him to do.

Organizing is about fighting against that higher level of management.

If your barn went union, your boss would follow those rules as well, even if he didn't want to. Even if he felt like it was unfair. That is what local management does.

Organize above the local level.

Status
Not open for further replies.