XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
THIS IS A TEAMSTERS INFORMATION RELEASE...JUST FOR THE RECORD:

At XPO in Aurora, Illinois, we are protecting ourselves and our families by organizing with the Teamsters even though our contract isn’t yet completed.

XPO unilaterally changed our spotter job in the yard and began assigning the unorganized dock workers to the spotter duties at our terminal, spotter work which was historically done by drivers. The company’s actions violated our right as organized workers to not be penalized for organizing, not to change our working conditions and not negotiating with our union before changing policy. We earned these rights once we organized and elected the Teamsters as our representatives.

These rights protect us even while we are negotiating our contract with XPO.

The result was that the spotter work would be returned to the drivers to perform just like they performed previously. Also, the drivers who were adversely affected by not being given the opportunity to perform that spotter work were compensated for their lost wages by being paid some $25,000 in back pay.

That is just one story of many where XPO breaks the law and we are able to hold management accountable to us, the workers, because we have unionized and we exercise our federal rights to make XPO follow the law.

That certainly is not the case for those locations that have not organized. XPO management can do what they want to you, when they want, and there is little you can do about it without organizing into your union. We know it is happening but without you standing up and telling us, and holding XPO’s feet to the fire to follow the law, you are at their will; yes, an at-will-employee.

XPO has made changes to you, your coworkers and to your working life that you had no say-so in. Why would you let XPO take advantage of you and take food, benefits, time and money from your family members’ mouths? Stand up, be proud and let’s all gain a say-so at XPO!

We Want To Talk To You

We have already begun the process of protecting ourselves, our coworkers and our families by organizing our union with the Teamsters even though our contract isn’t completed yet. XPO unilaterally changed some of our road runs and subcontracted those runs through purchase transportation. These were long standing runs that we had performed without fail. We recognized this action by XPO as a breech of our rights and filed charges through our union and the National Labor Relations Board.

The result was that the outsourced runs were returned to our drivers to perform, just like before and lost wages amounting to some $10,000 were paid to the affected drivers who lost income from the change in the runs.

This is what can happen when we unionize, even though our contract isn’t done being negotiated. We have new rights and a process to hold XPO accountable to us, just as it holds us accountable to do our work properly.

Why don’t you join us and stand up and gain a voice at XPO. Without a seat at the table, you are on the menu.

At XPO in Aurora, Illinois, we are protecting ourselves and our families by organizing with the Teamsters even though our contract isn’t yet completed.

XPO unilaterally changed our spotter job in the yard and began assigning the unorganized dock workers to the spotter duties at our terminal, spotter work which was historically done by drivers. The company’s actions violated our right as organized workers to not be penalized for organizing, not to change our working conditions and not negotiating with our union before changing policy. We earned these rights once we organized and elected the Teamsters as our representatives.

The result was that the spotter work would be returned to the drivers to perform just like they performed previously. Also, the drivers who were adversely affected by not being given the opportunity to perform that spotter work were compensated for their lost wages by being paid some $25,000 in back pay.

That is just one story of many where XPO breaks the law and we are able to hold management accountable to us, the workers, because we have unionized and we exercise our federal rights to make XPO follow the law.

That certainly is not the case for those locations that have not organized. XPO management can do what they want to you, when they want, and there is little you can do about it without organizing into your union. We know it is happening but without you standing up and telling us, and holding XPO’s feet to the fire to follow the law, you are at their will; yes, an at-will-employee.

XPO has made changes to you, your coworkers and to your working life that you had no say-so in. Why would you let XPO take advantage of you and take food, benefits, time and money from your family members’ mouths? Stand up, be proud and let’s all gain a say-so at XPO!

We Want To Talk To You

We have already begun the process of protecting ourselves, our coworkers and our families by organizing our union with the Teamsters even though our contract isn’t completed yet. XPO unilaterally changed some of our road runs and subcontracted those runs through purchase transportation. These were long standing runs that we had performed without fail. We recognized this action by XPO as a breech of our rights and filed charges through our union and the National Labor Relations Board.

The result was that the outsourced runs were returned to our drivers to perform, just like before and lost wages amounting to some $10,000 were paid to the affected drivers who lost income from the change in the runs.

This is what can happen when we unionize, even though our contract isn’t done being negotiated. We have new rights and a process to hold XPO accountable to us, just as it holds us accountable to do our work properly.

Why don’t you join us and stand up and gain a voice at XPO. Without a seat at the table, you are on the menu.

You answered your own question. He sold them because he never actually wanted to have to deal with them long term. Build, gut, sell.
Just like Lenny Pellulo did with Ryder/Pie and Transcon..He ended up in Prison...PJax and Vitran the same thing...

Well....this thread has been quiet for a little bit so maybe I can spice it up a bit. A union ain't gonna fix what's wrong with XPO. These F'ers at the top are just flat out greedy bastards, don't know how to deal with being an asset heavy company, don't give a f#$k about on time deliveries or damage, and believe that the way to achieving success is by getting rid of their most valuable and hardest to replace employees.....CDL A, HAZMAT, Tanker, Doubles/Triples, qualified DRIVERS. You f'ing morons at the top, this terminating of drivers is gonna come back to bite you in your tight asses. But hey driver, even though we don't want you to drive for us, you can still take a demotion to dock worker along with a huge pay cut. Really Tony? Is that you thing is going to work? The only person dumber than Tony Brooks in this company is Brad Jacobs for bringing that SOB back for a second bite at the apple.

Your speaking for yourself...A Union is 2 or more people coming together Collectively to bargain for better wages,benefits and working conditions...You are not willing to do that...You and most of your buddies just wine on truckingboards

Your speaking for yourself...A Union is 2 or more people coming together Collectively to bargain for better wages,benefits and working conditions...You are not willing to do that...You and most of your buddies just wine on truckingboards
No problem....I'll stop trying to "wine" so much in the future.

unorganized dock workers
Why is the dock then unorganized?????
The result was that the spotter work would be returned to the drivers to perform just like they performed previously.
Ok. So if the "spotter work which was historically done by drivers" is returned does this mean that Dock work which is done by dockworks will be all done by dockworkers only. So if a driver doesn't have a run this mean he goes home since dock work is an "Unorganized" job
XPO has made changes to you, your coworkers and to your working life that you had no say-so in
Really since when did the union tell the company how to run there business like were they run and start times.

Just like Lenny Pellulo did with Ryder/Pie and Transcon..He ended up in Prison...PJax and Vitran the same thing...
From what I have read Transcon wasn't going to stay in business much longer with them losing about $5 million a month, CSPF said it owed $4.1 million in overdue pension contribution and a fed court ordered it to pay $40,000 a day to the fund. I do not know the details of the Lenny P case. From the sounds of Transcon financial outlook I don't think they would have lasted till the end of 1990

Even without guys like Lenny companies like PIE and Trancons the closing of door was only a matter of time. Thanks in most part to the dereg of the trucking industry

Now I'll ask you this question since Holywoodz won't answer. What is the one thing you need to have to have a union?

why do you say he won’t answer . You just posted your questions . Give him a chance at least before you jump to a conclusion. Not everyone sits around waiting for every post .
see post 9163 https://truckingboards.com/bb/threads/xpo-union-thread.76678/page-459#post-1435895
He also has never answer me on anything I asked since he called me a liar. I still waiting for him to PM me and tell me what terminal I work out of. He says he knows who was there during the so called union campaign which was suppose to be held at my terminal

Last edited:

We Want To Talk To You

This is fantastic propaganda. But seriously. Without a contract , you ain't got nothing. Or are you getting ready to tell me you don't actually need or want a contract ?

We already have an grievance and arbitration agreement in place. That’s without a signed contract. That is a big deal alone.

Okay that you feel that way. And I understand conditions were terrible and you had justifications for going third party. But what good is any of this without a contract ?

This is fantastic propaganda. But seriously. Without a contract , you ain't got nothing. Or are you getting ready to tell me you don't actually need or want a contract ?

Even without a contract, we have advantages. The grievance and arbitration process alone is important. We retired the SRB kangaroo court and replaced it with a process that allows employees to genuinely challenge the company's policy and disciplinary actions with a decision coming from an independent and unbiased third party arbitrator.

Much of our policy remains as it was in 2014, when we certified. We get all the raises everyone else gets and we still get a bonus based on the 2018 formula. That could be good and it could be bad. We'll have to wait and see. Our outbound is up over 30% and our inbound has remained steady at 500 plus bills and 500 to 600K daily, so I expect a good bonus.

We both want and need a contract. I will concede that it will not be the contract we wanted and we have yet to complete negotiations. Bakersfield will give us a little boost and if we can keep Aurora in the fold, that will help also. That Teamster release details exactly why we need a contract to prevent these people from doing whatever they will. It's not propaganda. Every word was true.

I can't say it enough. When a fair number of terminals decide to certify, and it need NOT be a majority, then, and only then, will we all get the contract we deserve.

Even without a contract, we have advantages. The grievance and arbitration process alone is important. We retired the SRB kangaroo court and replaced it with a process that allows employees to genuinely challenge the company's policy and disciplinary actions with a decision coming from an independent and unbiased third party arbitrator.

Much of our policy remains as it was in 2014, when we certified. We get all the raises everyone else gets and we still get a bonus based on the 2018 formula. That could be good and it could be bad. We'll have to wait and see. Our outbound is up over 30% and our inbound has remained steady at 500 plus bills and 500 to 600K daily, so I expect a good bonus.

We both want and need a contract. I will concede that it will not be the contract we wanted and we have yet to complete negotiations. Bakersfield will give us a little boost and if we can keep Aurora in the fold, that will help also. That Teamster release details exactly why we need a contract to prevent these people from doing whatever they will. It's not propaganda. Every word was true.

I can't say it enough. When a fair number of terminals decide to certify, and it need NOT be a majority, then, and only then, will we all get the contract we deserve.

The way they are running the company into the dirt. It will likely bottom out before you see it. In my opinion.

We are expecting a great bonus also! We have had a record year at our terminal

The way they are running the company into the dirt. It will likely bottom out before you see it. In my opinion.

You may be right. I am frustrated daily by the inability for them to hold any one accountable for the bad loads, misloads and damaged freight. They're not doing anything at this point that would allow me to argue with you.

We Want To Talk To You

I see Bakersfield Ca. Won their election 14-5.....

Status
Not open for further replies.