XPO | Xpo Union Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess in the future we could but for right now it’s not an option. Our local represents 3 local Ups facilities ( 2 package and one freight) most available drivers go there because of the better compensation.
Apologies ( I forget ) but where does your terminal stand as far as raises and hourly compensation?

Do you get O/T after 8 and after 40? Do you expect a raise next year? Can you turn down work if you don't want it? ( specifically O/T ) Are new hires placed in your bargaining unit? Does management have to do everything based on service rank or face a grievance?

Just a few questions to give those of us wondering what your terminal is like an idea.

Thank you for trying to answer in advance.

Surly your not saying because a driver has a new pickup he does not deserve to compensated fairly ?

I read that as further evidence that many people make poor life choices.
If you are working at Dairy Queen. Don’t buy a $60K daily driver. Just because you don’t work at Dairy Queen doesn’t mean you should run out and buy a $60K daily driver.

Again the wrongness of the overly simplistic fallacy you are relying on shines through. According to this ridiculous idea, if credit card debt goes up, it must be because they are all spendthrift fools who are trying to 'keep up with the Jones's', are trying to live a lifestyle beyond their means, and are making poor choices. You have established an indefensible position and are using factoids to back it without any even modest attempt to go any deeper. The answer is never, ever that simple in something as complex a system as you are trying to apply this to. Literally never. Anyone who tells you different either does not know what they are talking about or is lying to you.

The over consumption myth is just that, a myth.

He asked whether or not the purchase of a new truck effected whether someone should be fairly compensated for their work and this is your response? It makes zero sense. What we purchase has nothing to do with whether or not we should be fairly compensated or not. We should be. Whether we drive a 10 years old beater Civic like I do or a brand new F-350 with all the newest features. Our cars, debt, spending habits, and preferred method of obtaining coffee have absolutely nothing to do with whether or not we should be fairly compensated.

He asked whether or not the purchase of a new truck effected whether someone should be fairly compensated for their work and this is your response? It makes zero sense. What we purchase has nothing to do with whether or not we should be fairly compensated or not. We should be. Whether we drive a 10 years old beater Civic like I do or a brand new F-350 with all the newest features. Our cars, debt, spending habits, and preferred method of obtaining coffee have absolutely nothing to do with whether or not we should be fairly compensated.
Are you saying we are not fairly compensated for the work we do?

Most of the time he is talking to himself. Only hears what he wants. And his opinion is what he’s wanting to hear. So if you ain’t repeating what he is saying....

What a stupid comment! I'm talking to you, aren't I. I have listened to countless opinions from everyone on this site and have answered with my own. That's what this site is for. If I choose not to respond to any individual, it's because I'd be wasting time debunking comments that have already proved false or misleading. Do you think I should just agree with everything you say. In fact, I have agreed with much of what you have to say, it's our solutions to the problems that differ.

When I was struggling. I needed that money. I bid the road and worked a full log every week. Now things have calmed down. Hard work has paid off. And I just wanna survive 40.

Everyone has their own priorities. And we all deserve a raise. Nothing about anything we do is getting any easier.
Well-said, HS. I, too, worked copious amounts of OT up until about 4 years ago and finally had had enough...let the less-senior guys have it as I never wanted much OT and, more importantly, didn’t need it. For a while there at ABF I was saying goodbye to the wife on Sunday night by basically saying: “I’ll see you Saturday morning!” I’m exaggerating a bit, but it sure felt like that. Got tired of not having a life, so I cut my hours back. We work to live, not the other way around.

Surly your not saying because a driver has a new pickup he does not deserve to compensated fairly ?
No what I am saying is the ones that are buried in debt still spend at will. You, meaning everyone, have to ask yourself these questions. Could you maintain your current life style, meaning paying all the bill and putting food on the table, for 3 months without having an income?
Do you know were every dime of your money goes every week, month, and year? Is your mortgage 25% or less of your household take home pay? Do you invest a min of 15% to retirement?

Without hesitation, yes.

To be honest though, that isn't what I was actually saying up there. I was saying that the answer I quoted was not actually answering Sucker666s question. But, yeah, we aren't.
The if you feel we aren't why aren't you out looking for a job that will compensate what you believe you are worth?

Again the wrongness of the overly simplistic fallacy you are relying on shines through. According to this ridiculous idea, if credit card debt goes up, it must be because they are all spendthrift fools who are trying to 'keep up with the Jones's', are trying to live a lifestyle beyond their means, and are making poor choices. You have established an indefensible position and are using factoids to back it without any even modest attempt to go any deeper. The answer is never, ever that simple in something as complex a system as you are trying to apply this to. Literally never. Anyone who tells you different either does not know what they are talking about or is lying to you.

The over consumption myth is just that, a myth.
Then why per the article is the average American household credit debt over $6k and per the article that is any average of CC debt carried over month to month. There have been studies that have found that people spent more when they pay with a CC then they do with cash. You see more and more people that can't buy a soda out of a vending machine with cash. Hell even the girl scouts are taking CC for cookie sales. All most every major store has a CC hell even Apple has put out a CC called the Apple Card. They are a F'ing computer company. The one thing they know was the same thing Sears knew was you can make more money on CC interest then you will selling a product.
If you are caring over any CC debt month to month you are living beyond your means. Try paying cash for everything.

Our cars, debt, spending habits, and preferred method of obtaining coffee have absolutely nothing to do with whether or not we should be fairly compensated.
but when you spend without worry and crank on debt you can't sit there and blame the company for not paying enough. I called living within your means

If you are working at Dairy Queen. Don’t buy a $60K daily driver. Just because you don’t work at Dairy Queen doesn’t mean you should run out and buy a $60K daily driver.
And whether you’re financing or leasing, you’re carrying full coverage insurance. That’s probly couple extra hundies every month depending on what or how many you have.

No what I am saying is the ones that are buried in debt still spend at will. You, meaning everyone, have to ask yourself these questions. Could you maintain your current life style, meaning paying all the bill and putting food on the table, for 3 months without having an income?
Do you know were every dime of your money goes every week, month, and year? Is your mortgage 25% or less of your household take home pay? Do you invest a min of 15% to retirement?
What does any of that have to do with how you are compensated?

Status
Not open for further replies.