Yellow | Yellow and Roadway

yrcobserver

TB Lurker
Credits
Wanted to share this, sick of hearing the which is better who was at fault debate. Hope this will put it to rest, no matter where we came, we are YRC Teamsters now, for whatever thats worth. A 710 B.A. said "I am from UPS, so I dont get caught up in it, but the truth is, Yellow was near bankruptcy and approached Roadway, offered to either sell to them or merge. Roadway said no thanks. Yellow then managed to secure financing and basically did a hostile take-over. If they don't believe it, tell them to ask their local, the answer will either be yes, thats right, or a more diplomatic I don't know. This is the way it is though." THAT IS ROUGHLY 99% WHAT HE SAID. I say 99 because from memory Im sure it is not word for word identical, but fact-wise, thats it.

I agree that we are all YRC now and must stop the bickering I have worked for both Roadway where I got started in trucking then went to work for Yellow and was working for Yellow at the time that they bought Roadway and they were noway near bankrupt lets keep the facts straight
Here is an article when Yellow bought Roadway
No. 2 in Trucking, Yellow, Will Buy No. 1, Roadway - NYTimes.com

And here is an article on Yellows earnings before they bought Roadway http://www.businessweek.com/investor/content/oct2002/pi2002107_1392.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
I think instead of worrying about who bought who and which one was the better of the two,I believe you should be focusing more about the future and if they will survive without coming back to the membership asking for another handout. Also seeing how you just recently were notified that your pension benefits will be reduced and that my company hasn't made any contributions to the (CSPF) for nearly 2yrs. I would be very pissed and would be confronting the very people that I voted into my local and be wanting some answers. I work for the competion but I have family and friends that work at (YRC) and I just hope and (PRAY) something good and positive will come out of this. Happy Trails and be Safe!!

I agree that we are all YRC now and must stop the bickering I have worked for both Roadway where I got started in trucking then went to work for Yellow and was working for Yellow at the time that they bought Roadway and they were noway near bankrupt lets keep the facts straight
Here is an article when Yellow bought Roadway
No. 2 in Trucking, Yellow, Will Buy No. 1, Roadway - NYTimes.com

And here is an article on Yellows earnings before they bought Roadway BW Online | October 7, 2002 | In Trucking, Yellow Is Flashing Green
I totally agree that it is all roadways fault. Never had any doubt that the truth would be brought here. I'm glad someone would bring this topic to its rightful place on this board, so now all the blues can stop crying and do what they are told. I wrote this so noodle would'nt get offended.

Nothing more reliable then second hand information posted on a message board. We wonder where the term dumb truck drivers comes from.?.?.? Simply amazing!

Will this topic ever end with you guys? Where you worked and what little fantasy you have about your FORMER employer's greatness is not relevant. Like it or not its YRC now. Deal with it!

Wanted to share this, sick of hearing the which is better who was at fault debate. Hope this will put it to rest, no matter where we came, we are YRC Teamsters now, for whatever thats worth. A 710 B.A. said "I am from UPS, so I dont get caught up in it, but the truth is, Yellow was near bankruptcy and approached Roadway, offered to either sell to them or merge. Roadway said no thanks. Yellow then managed to secure financing and basically did a hostile take-over. If they don't believe it, tell them to ask their local, the answer will either be yes, thats right, or a more diplomatic I don't know. This is the way it is though." THAT IS ROUGHLY 99% WHAT HE SAID. I say 99 because from memory Im sure it is not word for word identical, but fact-wise, thats it.

Oh good info, were you or the locals in on the talks?

Love to here that people seem to think that 710 knew what was happening. Before happened!!!!! Everyone one has there own ideas of what happened but you dont need to start a new thread.

The only good to come out of this thread is to know that a lot of teamsters had pride in the companies they worked for. Too bad it didn`t work out for both companies and all the teamsters employed by Yellow and Roadway. Two good companies and many thousands of teamsters are losing out because of one man,slick willie zollars. There ought to be a law against what he did.

I find it highly amusing you posted that you are sick of this debate and then immediately take sides with one company and start bashing!

The war on the workers

Its not about yellow / roadway, its about Yrc getting rid of the union and anyone else who will not conform. I'll just bet they love seeing all the drivers fighting each other.

The morons should have just kept yellow or roadway as the name. What to hell is a yrc! Nobody on the road knows what it is or stands for. "Daddy, whats yrc do"? "I don't know for sure but I think they make toilets to flush money down Son"!

The morons should have just kept yellow or roadway as the name. What to hell is a yrc! Nobody on the road knows what it is or stands for. "Daddy, whats yrc do"? "I don't know for sure but I think they make toilets to flush money down Son"!
Agreed, one or the other. What a stupid move. Wonder how much they paid some consulting group to come up with YRC. Brilliant!