Yellow | Yellow and Roadway

He was going to be given a 100 game suspension for substance abuse. So he quit instead.

He should have used the Zollars retirement plan. After all, he resigned last year- effective this past Jan 1st.....:6788:

He could have played three more years, at least....

I agree that we are all YRC now and must stop the bickering I have worked for both Roadway where I got started in trucking then went to work for Yellow and was working for Yellow at the time that they bought Roadway and they were noway near bankrupt lets keep the facts straight
Here is an article when Yellow bought Roadway
No. 2 in Trucking, Yellow, Will Buy No. 1, Roadway - NYTimes.com

And here is an article on Yellows earnings before they bought Roadway BW Online | October 7, 2002 | In Trucking, Yellow Is Flashing Green
Your comment that its YRC now and not Yellow or Roadway has been said b/4 by others but the thing about it is why are they running it the same old way that Roadway ran it in the past and it was said at the time of the merger that Roadway would be the survivor ? I can't say much about Roadway in other parts of the country but working out of that 309 is despicable with all their disrespect of their drivers all the petty bullshit letters everyday many time made up crap just so the supervisor can turn in a letter or its his ass . Was told many times by Roadway drivers that the best way to get promoted at Roadway is to write up the employees . IMO the moral would be much better if they kept Yellow managers and yes I know that now 309 has Rich G. from Yellow and it has gotten a bit better but he is only one man .:ranting2:

one way to keep them from being promoted and they hate it toooo. slap a couple harassment letters on them . it goes in there perminate file and when time comes to cut down the herd they will be 1st to go

Your comment that its YRC now and not Yellow or Roadway has been said b/4 by others but the thing about it is why are they running it the same old way that Roadway ran it in the past and it was said at the time of the merger that Roadway would be the survivor ? I can't say much about Roadway in other parts of the country but working out of that 309 is despicable with all their disrespect of their drivers all the petty bullshit letters everyday.
IMO the moral would be much better if they kept Yellow managers and yes I know that now 309 has Rich G. from Yellow and it has gotten a bit better but he is only one man .:ranting2:

imagesqtbnANd9GcTatfMsO5ihK1FZ5loX3.jpg

nice guys finish last
VebrzA3rbQQxhTRPptdOJiGN2Es.gif

Your comment that its YRC now and not Yellow or Roadway has been said b/4 by others but the thing about it is why are they running it the same old way that Roadway ran it in the past and it was said at the time of the merger that Roadway would be the survivor ? I can't say much about Roadway in other parts of the country but working out of that 309 is despicable with all their disrespect of their drivers all the petty bullshit letters everyday many time made up crap just so the supervisor can turn in a letter or its his ass . Was told many times by Roadway drivers that the best way to get promoted at Roadway is to write up the employees . IMO the moral would be much better if they kept Yellow managers and yes I know that now 309 has Rich G. from Yellow and it has gotten a bit better but he is only one man .:ranting2:
http://www.yrcw.com/corporategovernance/code_of_conduct.pdf

I don't take sides in this debate. I blame both of these POS companies for joining forces to attempt to destroy the union and Holland Motor Freight. Nice work boys. :cuss:

one way to keep them from being promoted and they hate it toooo. slap a couple harassment letters on them . it goes in there perminate file and when time comes to cut down the herd they will be 1st to go
I don't know if I would agree with that . I t seems that is the kind they want a nice guy don't stand a chance the bigger the p---c the more senior management likes at 309 . That's my observation and I been around over 4 decades got out just b/4 Roadway came in . I had the time and age and didn't want to put up with the crap .:1036316054:

ya but top level guys are the ones that have learned to be p***ks and get away with it leaving no bad paper trail behind

There are several problems with yrc, i work there and see what goes on,,,, 1. People running yrc do not know how to work together,, it is a dog and cat game, they consider themselves mr. Know it alls, but know nothing about working together with local terminal managers and workers. There was a big difference on how roadway worked and yellow worked with its people. We at roadway were included in its operations, like how can we give better service to out customers or what can we do to make the company better for everyone. At yellow it was just a dog and cat game, like it is today. Today we loose so much money due to the fact that we do not get our time sensitive shippments on time to our customers, and they end up being delivered for free. We loose over 50 % of this shipments. We have requested help for term. 511 and it just goes in one ear and goes out the other, and this includes my mangers boss there, he is one that needs to go, because he does not know how to work with people, we need people that listen to its works, on how to possibly improve yrc to work as a family. Yrc needs setup a hotline to listen to its empoylee's, there are some smart works with good ideas on how maybe we can be a better company,but like i said yrc needs to get rid of the people that do not want to listen to the employee's. We need people to listen, yet know when to draw that line on was it not good for yrc.

I don't know if I would agree with that . I t seems that is the kind they want a nice guy don't stand a chance the bigger the p---c the more senior management likes at 309 . That's my observation and I been around over 4 decades got out just b/4 Roadway came in . I had the time and age and didn't want to put up with the crap .:1036316054:
Since you NEVER worked for YRC I guess anything you say about YRC is hearsay.

this is not about who is or is not a scabe, it is about everyone making yrc, stay in businiess, i personally think people with your attitude is what is taking this company down, but i dont know you, i dont know if you honestly earn your pay or milk the company like many other people that do it.,, go look in the mirror and ask your self, ( DO I HONESTLY EARN MY PAYCHECK BY DOING A HONESTS DAYS WORK) then come back and let everyone on here know what you saw.