Yellow | Yellow lawsuit against Teamsters

If yellow goes under, everybody else will be hiring, the freight will probably lead to about a 5-10% increase in volume at ABF, I’d assume they could probably absorb about 1000 teamsters, and probably about another 1000 at T-Force, the rest would have to go non-union.
The BA's probably already have a list of who's been naughty and who's been nice. The company will check it too.
Good luck to those who like to give headaches.
If you've been around you should know everybody knows everybody in the business on both sides.
The grass ain't greener.
The wine ain't sweeter.
Either side of the hill.

I wan in the navy as an engine man all we had were 6-71 in-line engines in our assault boats lol four of em on each boat with two screws lol they were fun to work on lol but I was young and didn’t know any better lol then I went to work for Detroit diesel and learned how to work on the 92s the 8.2s and the 149s best time of my life

I guess 4 of them might have enough balls to move a boat, there's no hills.

I was thinking the same thing....and what a good way to sabotage this crap show even more....Most of the Ltl companies are going up in stock just waiting for the doors to close...You don't think the customers are not eyeballing this? I will be surprised if any customers stay much longer.
Many of them will stay 'cause they don't want to pay 20-40% more for shipping.

Do you think the plan was to get rid of a bunch of union companies through buy outs? But as we can see that failed miserably, I personally think if the merger was done in the first 5 years it might have had a chance….
You have to keep in mind the pension liabilities, only union companies would be interested in buying a union carrier any non union carrier would be buy themselves into a liability with the funds and make the deal a no go, another union carrier would already have the liability so no harm no foul.
That's why UPS bought themselves out of CSPF and pushed for a contract with Tforce that didn't include entering the funds.

Did you ever think maybe because that is the situation. He could just say nothing and have people show up at a locked gate one morning. Then all the crying about "if we knew this was going to happen" could rise to a crescendo.
Maybe this weekend???
My barn had a sign up for anyone who wanted to either take a CC or personal day on Monday, 7/3. Only a handful are working that day. Easy enough to do when there's pretty much no one there.

The BA's probably already have a list of who's been naughty and who's been nice. The company will check it too.
Good luck to those who like to give headaches.
If you've been around you should know everybody knows everybody in the business on both sides.
The grass ain't greener.
The wine ain't sweeter.
Either side of the hill.
How right you are. The day after Preston announced the shutdown, Yellow had a hiring fair in Richfield. They had already hired a few Preston supervisors who were there telling them who not to hire.

If yellow goes under, everybody else will be hiring, the freight will probably lead to about a 5-10% increase in volume at ABF, I’d assume they could probably absorb about 1000 teamsters, and probably about another 1000 at T-Force, the rest would have to go non-union.
T-force can’t even keep workers! We don’t have work for the guy’s we have now! Everything you guy’s are complaining about is happening at T-force. Missed pickups.. keeping guy’s home.. road driver’s working the dock…

contract negotiations B.S! 2 contracts ago yellow was buying out ABF!
The only thing on the table in this rhetoric is: purchases of yellow properties and shared buildings just like Roadway did!
If I was a Tforce driver I’d be pissed about the waste of $$$ on another trucking company instead of investing in its own future!
ABF isn’t for sale and a hostile takeover is not even possible!
Stop drinking the koolaid these corporate assholes drop on the ground!
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/TFI_International

“Since the mid 1990s, TFI’s main source of growth has been complete takeovers of smaller logistics companies (over 190 between 1996 and 2021) many of which continue operating as subsidiaries.”.

That’s exactly what they do!

Reactions: TC1
When Yellow defaults on the loan Apollo Capital will do a debt for equity swap and will have controlling interest in the company along with the government.
Private equity company isn't necessarily interested in running a business, particularly a trucking company.

Apollo would either try to give Yellow some tools in order for it to be profitable, and then sell it off. If that can't be accomplished, it would chop up Yellow and sell off the pieces. Private equity cos. are in the business to make money, not unlike house flippers.

I guess 4 of them might have enough balls to move a boat, there's no hills.
The best thing about running a 71 series engine is nothing underneath will rust.
A friend had his own truck, he stopped for fuel and 8 qts of oil.
When he started to pay his bill he noticed he had not been charged for the oil.
He asked the desk about it, the guy said I didn't hear you say anything about oil.
My friend said I'm in a hurry, let me pay for it and just pour it on the ground, it'll be there in about 30 minutes anyway.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/TFI_International

“Since the mid 1990s, TFI’s main source of growth has been complete takeovers of smaller logistics companies (over 190 between 1996 and 2021) many of which continue operating as subsidiaries.”.

That’s exactly what they do!
Yep! They purchase companies that are financially disabled for pennies on the dollar!
There’s been 250 LTL companies taken over that way since the 70’s.
ARCBEST is in great shape financially and has had historically high profits over the past 3 years of their 100 years in existence.
The time to take ABF over was 15 years ago @ $5.00 a share!
Arcbest is in the process of buying back its own shares at historically high levels!
It wasn’t for sale 10 years ago for $21 a share and it’s not for sale now!

Private equity company isn't necessarily interested in running a business, particularly a trucking company.

Apollo would either try to give Yellow some tools in order for it to be profitable, and then sell it off. If that can't be accomplished, it would chop up Yellow and sell off the pieces. Private equity cos. are in the business to make money, not unlike house flippers.
I NEVER insinuated it would be kept whole or open. The post was referring to how it would be CLOSED.
Please try to keep things in context. Apollo can aquire this company for less than $400 million once Yellow defaults on the loan. Apollo Capital is a predatory lender. This is what they do.

I NEVER insinuated it would be kept whole or open. The post was referring to how it would be CLOSED.
Please try to keep things in context. Apollo can aquire this company for less than $400 million once Yellow defaults on the loan. Apollo Capital is a predatory lender. This is what they do.

Is $400 million a good deal? I'm not sure.

Roadway's were lucky if they were putting out 175HP. :17113:
Roadway hasn't had 671's since some time in the 1960's in the late 70's they went from 8v 71's to 6v92's both @290hp :)
Diesels in boats can make more power because of the unlimited cool water for cooling them they sit in you put that much boost and fuel in a truck engine and it won't make it 100 miles.