Yellow | Yellow or ABF

ABF has a driver training program???? Equipment is better at ABF but they do not like to do training. It is done but very sparingly. Where would you be training at?

ABF has a driver training program???? Equipment is better at ABF but they do not like to do training. It is done but very sparingly. Where would you be training at?
Let’s put it this way let’s say I was offered driver training by both yellow and Abf which would be the better choice. Southern California region. Both have to work dock and attend school at a lower rate before passing cdl test and getting bumped up to driver rate. Training rate is a difference of 75 cents Abf paying higher for training and starting driver wage is about 2 dollars different Abf paying higher rate. Yellow offering lower top pay at a slower progression I believe takes to years to hit top rate at yellow and one year to hit Abf top rate which is couple bucks higher than yellow top rate. Of course both offers free benefits for family. Just I know ABF background check is very extensive and hard to pass while yellow will hire anyone with two arms and two legs.

Let’s put it this way let’s say I was offered driver training by both yellow and Abf which would be the better choice. Southern California region. Both have to work dock and attend school at a lower rate before passing cdl test and getting bumped up to driver rate. Training rate is a difference of 75 cents Abf paying higher for training and starting driver wage is about 2 dollars different Abf paying higher rate. Yellow offering lower top pay at a slower progression I believe takes to years to hit top rate at yellow and one year to hit Abf top rate which is couple bucks higher than yellow top rate. Of course both offers free benefits for family. Just I know ABF background check is very extensive and hard to pass while yellow will hire anyone with two arms and two legs.
Yellow has a better vacation progression as well.

ABF does a lot anymore. It’s a pretty good program here. They have been doing a lot of military programs lately so that might hinder things. If not go to dock work and they train you anyway.

I was hired in 1998. Same program by ABF in the hiring process. DO NOT leave off anything on your original app. Dot the I, cross the T. If they catch you leaving something off, look elsewhare. It is a fatal blow to you chance of being hired by ABY. There are some exceptions, but you will grow old waiting for them. von.