Yellow | Yellow or ABF

I was 54 in 1990 when PIE folded, I was offered a job with Yellow.
I had put in half of my 35 yrs with Ryder and Pie on the extra board.
I wasn't willing to go through that again after 5 weeks vacation plus any run I wanted, to this day, I still don't regret not working another day.
I did go with 30 and out, I don't think you can leave at any age today.
If I can draw over 360 pension payments, I’ll be content. :1036316054: That sir, is an accomplishment.:clap::notworthy:

At one time, the average retired teamster drew 13 checks.
I have seen what you say, El. But I also believe many cannot just quit, working after 30-40 years of the daily grind. Your body has been programmed that way, and if your activity slows or stops, so does your body.

I have seen what you say, El. But I also believe many cannot just quit, working after 30-40 years of the daily grind. Your body has been programmed that way, and if your activity slows or stops, so does your body.
This guy I mentioned was a perfect example, I can't recall ever seeing him mark off or miss a trip.

I think it is a good thing to do at least part time after parking the truck for good. Keep active.
Our house is on pilings, we climb those steps at least 10 to 20 times a day.
I don't think that hurts.
With that smart remark, I'll probably drop dead tomorrow.

I think it is a good thing to do at least part time after parking the truck for good. Keep active.
I absolutely agree with ‘Keep active.’
Many do not have outside interests or activities that stimulate and motivate. Good weather helps.

I thought I was done working/retired back in 2003 when the job I was working at downsized. Took SS early back then thinking I was done with work. Along the way came back as a "temp" at three former employers and still at it at one of them - YRCF. Have way too many thing to do at home so driving gives me a break from that. :smile new:

I absolutely agree with ‘Keep active.’
Many do not have outside interests or activities that stimulate and motivate. Good weather helps.
Most, it seems, who don't plan their retirement wisely, die quickly. Living your final years as a slug, turns as your final days. I've seen the light, been hittin the gym.