Yellow | Yellow or ABF

Let’s put it this way let’s say I was offered driver training by both yellow and Abf which would be the better choice. Southern California region. Both have to work dock and attend school at a lower rate before passing cdl test and getting bumped up to driver rate. Training rate is a difference of 75 cents Abf paying higher for training and starting driver wage is about 2 dollars different Abf paying higher rate. Yellow offering lower top pay at a slower progression I believe takes to years to hit top rate at yellow and one year to hit Abf top rate which is couple bucks higher than yellow top rate. Of course both offers free benefits for family. Just I know ABF background check is very extensive and hard to pass while yellow will hire anyone with two arms and two legs.
I think yellow has relaxed those requirements!

Yes, you made the right decision. Job security & pension are what tip the scale to ABF for now. :1036316054:
The one thing that might make Yellow more desirable for a young fella who is 35 or 40 years away from a pension is that you can move up the seniority list very rapidly. Between guys retiring and quitting it is possible to fly up the board. ABF has such low turnover that you could be at the bottom or very close to the bottom for many years.

The one thing that might make Yellow more desirable for a young fella who is 35 or 40 years away from a pension is that you can move up the seniority list very rapidly. Between guys retiring and quitting it is possible to fly up the board. ABF has such low turnover that you could be at the bottom or very close to the bottom for many years.
If I went for a interview and they told me I'd move quickly up the seniority list because people is quitting and retiring, I'd question why everyone is leaving.

If I went for a interview and they told me I'd move quickly up the seniority list because people is quitting and retiring, I'd question why everyone is leaving.
True, but moving up rapidly and getting a good bid in a couple years might be better than hooking sets and fueling trucks on the bottom of the totem pole for a couple of years?

Good point.

True, but moving up rapidly and getting a good bid in a couple years might be better than hooking sets and fueling trucks on the bottom of the totem pole for a couple of years?
Well now I feel like a dumb***. I have been working at ABF for 27 years now and have been hooking sets 3 to 4 days a week for the last ten or so years. No one ever told me it was a "bottom of the totem pole" job. LOL!!!

Well now I feel like a dumb***. I have been working at ABF for 27 years now and have been hooking sets 3 to 4 days a week for the last ten or so years. No one ever told me it was a "bottom of the totem pole" job. LOL!!!
One of our Holland guys from my barn went over to ABF a couple years ago. This was in Green Bay, he left after about a year, all I can post was what he said to me when I asked why...he said he was tired of hooking sets and fueling trucks!
Maybe he lied to me? I took him for his word, he always seemed like a straight shooter! I have never worked for ABF myself or even played one on TV.

One of our Holland guys from my barn went over to ABF a couple years ago. This was in Green Bay, he left after about a year, all I can post was what he said to me when I asked why...he said he was tired of hooking sets and fueling trucks!
Maybe he lied to me? I took him for his word, he always seemed like a straight shooter! I have never worked for ABF myself or even played one on TV.
I was just screwin' with you there T5T. The reason I chose to hook sets (String is what we call it) is because of the hot, humid Summer's down here at the Rock. A/C for eight hours makes the job bearable when it's 100 degrees with a heat index of 112*. Besides, like Hookman stated, the hot babes dig a yard dog. LOL!!!

I was just screwin' with you there T5T. The reason I chose to hook sets (String is what we call it) is because of the hot, humid Summer's down here at the Rock. A/C for eight hours makes the job bearable when it's 100 degrees with a heat index of 112*. Besides, like Hookman stated, the hot babes dig a yard dog. LOL!!!
You sure I didn't say Blind round babes? :438:

They’re TOPS on my list. Can’t tell you how many times the hostlers helped me out on cold/rainy/frozen nights by grabbing a gear or a trailer and helping me hook my sets while running the UE.