Yellow | Yellow or ABF

abf has retirement. yellow not so much. yellow has junk, abf not so much. abf is profitable, yellow, rarely. yellow has no future if current practices prevail, they led the charge to the bottom

Is it true that if you go over to ABF after 12 or 18 months your Pension is brought up to 100 percent even for your years at YRC companies that were only paid partially?

Is it true that if you go over to ABF after 12 or 18 months your Pension is brought up to 100 percent even for your years at YRC companies that were only paid partially?

Where would that money (contributions) come from to make that happen? I seriously doubt ABF or any other company is going to pay out large amounts of money to make those people whole in regard to their pensions.

Where would that money (contributions) come from to make that happen? I seriously doubt ABF or any other company is going to pay out large amounts of money to make those people whole in regard to their pensions.
Exactly....Not happening. If you work at Yrc it takes you 4 years to equal one at Abf.... I think it’s time to end this “I’m broke nonsense “ and pay full pension contributions....

Exactly....Not happening. If you work at Yrc it takes you 4 years to equal one at Abf.... I think it’s time to end this “I’m broke nonsense “ and pay full pension contributions....
That would be great but doubt it will happen with their cash flow situation.

That's why I am asking! They would just get the whole years for before 08 and after they went over there then?

If guys don't vote No it will never happen.

Tolls I’ve moved on 13 years ago.... anyone who defends working for sub par wages & benefits are only thinking of themselves.... it’s all about what bids & vacation time they have . I’ve said it before & I’ll say it again!!!! My pension & retirement is worth much more too me....
I has a buddy who switched to ABF about 18 months ago, he was stuck on bottom for better part of year and then threw in the towel and went non union. He was quite a bit younger than me. I will be 62 this summer and am way to old to start over for a little extra pension. Comfortable would be the term I would use for where I am. An extra 500 a month upon retirement is not worth giving up that comfort, now if I was 52 it would be a different story!

I has a buddy who switched to ABF about 18 months ago, he was stuck on bottom for better part of year and then threw in the towel and went non union. He was quite a bit younger than me. I will be 62 this summer and am way to old to start over for a little extra pension. Comfortable would be the term I would use for where I am. An extra 500 a month upon retirement is not worth giving up that comfort, now if I was 52 it would be a different story!
I was 54 in 1990 when PIE folded, I was offered a job with Yellow.
I had put in half of my 35 yrs with Ryder and Pie on the extra board.
I wasn't willing to go through that again after 5 weeks vacation plus any run I wanted, to this day, I still don't regret not working another day.
I did go with 30 and out, I don't think you can leave at any age today.

I wasn't willing to go through that again after 5 weeks vacation plus any run I wanted, to this day, I still don't regret not working another day.
Now I know how old you are! :101::2437:

How did those PIE cab overs work out with the mirrors slanted half way down the door? Catch less wind?