Yellow | Yellow terminals’ dispersal means LTL sector ‘becoming even more consolidated’

Gateway is still in business...I didn't know Bill Gates was into trucking before Microsoft.....
I'll go one better than that, I worked on Tandem computers as well as pulling tandem trailers...

Maislin bought New York and New Brunswick Auto Express in 1964.
Maislin bought Highway Express Lines and H. P. Welch in 1973.
Maislin bought Richmond Cartage sometime in the 1970's I believe.
Maislin bought Gateway Transportation and Quinn Freight Lines in 1979 or 1980 I believe.
In 1979 Maislin was the largest trucking company in Canada, and the eighth largest in North America.
For those of us that were Ed-ja-ma-kat-ed in R-Kin-Saw, what state is Canada in ???

I’m sorry.
They transferred there from Indy in 1978 because Western Electric (now Lucid, I believe?) closed in Indy. I wouldn’t live in Colorado for any reason! Too much traffic, too many crazies. Much as Brother in Law is a true Mountain Man- they live in a suburb. If not for the fence between the houses, I almost think he could pee out his window and it would go in his neighbor’s window!

I’ll just stay here in the Plowed Fields of Indiana…. If I ever moved, it would be to a more Free Wyoming or Utah!

They transferred there from Indy in 1978 because Western Electric (now Lucid, I believe?) closed in Indy. I wouldn’t live in Colorado for any reason! Too much traffic, too many crazies. Much as Brother in Law is a true Mountain Man- they live in a suburb. If not for the fence between the houses, I almost think he could pee out his window and it would go in his neighbor’s window!

I’ll just stay here in the Plowed Fields of Indiana…. If I ever moved, it would be to a more Free Wyoming or Utah!
Utah isn't as great as it used to be, I don't live there but lots of co workers. Switch it for Idaho. We are headed to Arkansas eventually 😆

Who controls the industry?
The DOT.....

In case you didn't know.....that's government.

And who does the groundwork for what DOT writes into regulation?

The ATA.

....knocking out any competition who doesn't go by their rules. Or who can't afford the standards that they set with all their big bucks.

It's still regulated.

They only wanted the workers voice taken out of the regulating process.
Exactly 💯.
I've never understood this but most anti unionists are also anti big government. I hate to tell you boys this but we are going in the direction of smaller unions and bigger government. Bigger government means more tax dollars out of your pocket and loss of freedoms.