ABF | YRCW stock down another 25% today trading as low as $3.29

.01 is NOT less than zero. You need to brush up on your math skills.
I was giving a sarcastic remark....if the price goes to .01, they would want a .15 concession, so...do u subtract the .15 from the .01?
Another stupid remark, but hey, I don't own any of their stock...the ABF stock keeps me worried! Now, I do have some of that!

But it was fun. And one of these days we will post about yrc debt-for-equity swap and how bondholders become stockholders (lenders become owners) and how that affects the employees/owners of yrcw (the gift that keeps on giving). LOL

Associated Press, January 01, 2010 12:00 AM

NEW YORK — YRC Worldwide Inc., one of the nation's largest trucking companies, said Thursday that it has cleared a critical hurdle in its effort to avoid filing for bankruptcy protection by completing a debt-for-equity exchange with its bondholders.

Chairman and CEO Bill Zollars called the successful exchange of notes "a major turning point" for the company, allowing it to "move forward from a more solid financial foundation."

The company, which operates trucks under the Yellow, Roadway and New Penn brands, said $470 million of its outstanding debt was tendered by holders, which it will exchange with 37 million common shares and about 4.3 million convertible shares. Together that will make the stakes of current shareholders virtually worthless.

But it was fun. And one of these days we will post about yrc debt-for-equity swap and how bondholders become stockholders (lenders become owners) and how that affects the employees/owners of yrcw (the gift that keeps on giving). LOL

Associated Press, January 01, 2010 12:00 AM

NEW YORK — YRC Worldwide Inc., one of the nation's largest trucking companies, said Thursday that it has cleared a critical hurdle in its effort to avoid filing for bankruptcy protection by completing a debt-for-equity exchange with its bondholders.

Chairman and CEO Bill Zollars called the successful exchange of notes "a major turning point" for the company, allowing it to "move forward from a more solid financial foundation."

The company, which operates trucks under the Yellow, Roadway and New Penn brands, said $470 million of its outstanding debt was tendered by holders, which it will exchange with 37 million common shares and about 4.3 million convertible shares. Together that will make the stakes of current shareholders virtually worthless.

Homesick, you're posting interesting, but old information. My question to you is why can't you man up and admit you were wrong about a share price less than zero? Here's what I originally posted and your response claiming that what I posted wasn't true. Can't you admit you were incorrect about that?

Sorry, not exactly true. I have seen counter shares sell for less than .01 cents. For example, 3 shares for a penny. I have never seen it sold that way in the U.S. but when I was younger I used to trade in overseas markets.

Homesick, you're posting interesting, but old information. My question to you is why can't you man up and admit you were wrong about a share price less than zero? Here's what I originally posted and your response claiming that what I posted wasn't true. Can't you admit you were incorrect about that?
I'm actually trying to show you. I really am. When you sell a stock you pay a brokerage fee (that makes the share price go down). Think of it like this, you stop at a convenient store and grab a bottle of coke that says $1.00. When you pay, the clerk says $1.06 or $1.08 or $1.10 (depending on the sate and the county). So did the bottle of Coke increase in price as you walked from the cooler to the counter, no taxes were not included (hidden costs). Where does it say taxes in that state/county are 6% or 8% or 10%? You are trying to say the Coke is still $1.00 but you had to pay more. Well stocks have hidden fees too. Some stocks more than others.

Experience is sometimes the best and only way learn something. Anheuser Bush (BUD)(king of beers, a great American company) is currently selling at approximately $67.00 a share. It has a 4.87% yield. The next dividend payment will be in May (they have not announced the exact date). You should buy four or five share and when the dividend payment is posted to your account, do the math, come back and let me know what happened (hidden costs).

But if it makes you feel better, then a stock price cannot drop below $0.00 and you only paid $1.00 for the Coke. LOL, LOL. I just got called and dispatch says i'm ready. Triplex have a great day. I do enjoy this.
O

Last edited:
Triplex, let me see if this makes more sense; you drop and bust the bottle of Coke. How much do you pay for the Coke? $1.00 the price of the Coke?

I'm actually trying to show you. I really am. When you sell a stock you pay a brokerage fee (that makes the share price go down). Think of it like this, you stop at a convenient store and grab a bottle of coke that says $1.00. When you pay, the clerk says $1.06 or $1.08 or $1.10 (depending on the sate and the county). So did the bottle of Coke increase in price as you walked from the cooler to the counter, no taxes were not included (hidden costs). Where does it say taxes in that state/county are 6% or 8% or 10%? You are trying to say the Coke is still $1.00 but you had to pay more. Well stocks have hidden fees too. Some stocks more than others.

Experience is sometimes the best and only way learn something. Anheuser Bush (BUD)(king of beers, a great American company) is currently selling at approximately $67.00 a share. It has a 4.87% yield. The next dividend payment will be in May (they have not announced the exact date). You should buy four or five share and when the dividend payment is posted to your account, do the math, come back and let me know what happened (hidden costs).

But if it makes you feel better, then a stock price cannot drop below $0.00 and you only paid $1.00 for the Coke. LOL, LOL. I just got called and dispatch says i'm ready. Triplex have a great day. I do enjoy this.
O

Your condescending attitude not withstanding, you continue to bring up issues not germane to the original discussion. You need to learn the difference between share price (which can never go below zero) and the total cost (or cost basis) of a share purchase. Before pretending to be knowledgeable about stocks/investing you should at least understand some basic definitions. Brokerage fees when buying/selling shares are part of your cost basis. Those fees do absolutely nothing to alter the share price which is solely determined by bid/offer values in the market.

Kz2SiPU.jpg
" A value of zero means no one is willing to buy the stock. Essentially, the corporation
has no value" YRC's corporate mission statement in a nutshell.

O
Your condescending attitude not withstanding, you continue to bring up issues not germane to the original discussion. You need to learn the difference between share price (which can never go below zero) and the total cost (or cost basis) of a share purchase. Before pretending to be knowledgeable about stocks/investing you should at least understand some basic definitions. Brokerage fees when buying/selling shares are part of your cost basis. Those fees do absolutely nothing to alter the share price which is solely determined by bid/offer values in the market.
Original discussion??? Really??? Ok, because you know so much........and I quote
"YRCW stock down another 25% today trading as low as $3.29." This is about stocks, costs of stocks, stocks price, YRCW stocks dropping 25% in a day. Do you understand?
I would also like to point out that if YRC really gets into financial trouble, management knows how to issue additional YRCW shares, sell those share on the stockmarket, then do a reverse stock split to drive up the share price and weed out the smaller investors.

Last edited:
do you hear me Mr. Young?? You already saved CFCC..so, how about another magic trick to save another Teamster carrier and bump down more people from ABF??
6Pack, are you suggesting that ABF buy YRCW? Just asking not judging.

I wonder if that is a good idea? I think, but not sure, that would make ABF the U.S. largest carrier (employee count) ? I'm almost positive it would make ABF the largest LTL carrier.

I wonder if that is a good idea? I think, but not sure, that would make ABF the U.S. largest carrier (employee count) ? I'm almost positive it would make ABF the largest LTL carrier.

Abf would have to pay for the snap back provision.... I don't think they could afford it.

who knows? who knows what he was thinking when he bought CFCC? They would have gone under and who knows, he might could save another Teamster carrier and shove it down our throats again...HOWEVER...I will be done retired in April 2019, so it won't matter how much I am bumped down this time...Am I bitter...well...let's just say me and them ole( Chair uh vul) guys didn't mesh so well..especially when they came over and tacked their seniority roster on top of ours..so, will that happen again? Who knows?

who knows? who knows what he was thinking when he bought CFCC? They would have gone under and who knows, he might could save another Teamster carrier and shove it down our throats again...HOWEVER...I will be done retired in April 2019, so it won't matter how much I am bumped down this time...Am I bitter...well...let's just say me and them ole( Chair uh vul) guys didn't mesh so well..especially when they came over and tacked their seniority roster on top of ours..so, will that happen again? Who knows?
But we could have seniority lists in the thousands. WOW, would that be great or what?

What would ABF gain from buying YRC? Old or leased equipment, terminals that are just as outdated as ours & many are owned by other companies, a snapback to full rate & pension contributions for YRC, or a customer list where ABF would never honor their discount's or any other company's for that matter. And let's not forget about the lawsuit that they were hit with by the DOJ....

You're absolutely correct. All those people who lost everything in the stockmarket really didn't lose everything because a stock cannot go below zero. LOL. Market advice 101. I love it. Thanks for cheering me up before I go to work. A good laugh helps start a good trip. Thanks triplex.
lol wow you really are hard headed. You do know you can lose money without a stock going below .01 right?

These questions are a little different. The loans YRC took are outstanding. Why do the lenders keep lending? Are they making it off the interest? And if not, why have they not called the note? In other words, is the loan making more money from the interest greater than taking the value of calling the notes for the tax write off? von.

lol wow you really are hard headed. You do know you can lose money without a stock going below .01 right?
Oh yes I do know, I very much know how to lose money on a stock that has not dropped below $.01. I have even lost money when a stock went to $0.00 and I had overseas transactions fees deducted from my account. LOL, we live and learn LOL. You need to watch those Swiss stocks and their market contracts. HO HO HO Merry Christmas and beware end of year account maintenance fees :)

But I am curious, how did you lose money when your stock dropped to $0.01?

And maybe someone who is smarter and more experienced at stock trading can explain to me what happened to my 250 shares of YRCW I purchased before YRC did the great stock swindle of 2010? I purchased 250 shares of YRCW in 2008 and by 2011 all were gone from my account and Scottrade said it was due to YRCW issuance of additional shares.

Last edited: