Yellow | Zoom call update 6PM EST

If we would only just stick together, if the other Teamsters companies would strike with us, we could really make a statement. Imagine if UPS, ABF, and T Force all walked out with us. We would bring LTL to a halt in this country. That’s how they did it in the old days and why nobody wanted to make the union mad. Sadly, in this day and time, it’s become “all about me”
I think we messed that up in 2008 entering into these concessions. We created this mess, and now you want the others to do this.

With all of the news out there why is Yellow stock going up today?
Last | 10:37 AM EDT
quote price arrow up
+0.05 (+5.34%)

We (Preston) should have closed on Thanksgiving 1993 (out of cash), but Yellow Corp bought us that weekend. We were on strike in 94. Churchill closed. A couple hours late Local 135 President came to our Picket Line and told us we were going back to work or we’d be next to close.
I remember Ken Churchill told Carey he couldn't reopen if they were put on strike. He said they did not have the funds to go back. Churchill was good to their employees. A friend worked there. The 94 strike was a disaster to organized LTL. The Teamsters would be much better off today if that strike had not happened.

Even if they were still in master freight neither is in any way obligated to pay for another company. Years ago Preston & Shanahans express were allowed to run during the strike of 94 because they weren’t financial big enough to hold out….
Actually it’s because they signed out of the group bargaining contract as well as did ABF….it was called TNF agreement or something like that. I was at Red Star express in 1994.

Edit:
“The strike by about 80,000 truckers, dock workers, delivery drivers and mechanics began at 12:01 A.M. and is the union's first since a nine-day walkout in 1979. Negotiations between the union and Trucking Management Inc., a negotiating group representing 23 major trucking companies, broke down last week after four months of talks.”

Actually it’s because they signed out of the group bargaining contract as well as did ABF….it was called TNF agreement or something like that. I was at Red Star express in 1994.
ABF was part of NMFA at that time. R.A. Young who was president of ABF was elected by the leaders of the LTL companies under the NMFA to be the lead negotiator with the Teamsters negotiating committee. Carolina, along with several other companies under the NMFA signed a 'Me Too' agreement & kept operating during the strike. Nation's Way was another company that comes to mind. There was at least one other that escapes my memory now that kept operating.

They used to all strike because everyone was under the NMFA contract. Now everyone has separate contracts with no strike clauses written in. Teamsters strike because Companies break the contract. If Teamsters strike under a no strike contract, then it’s US breaking the contract. Won’t happen. Only thing we can do is not cross a picket line.
That's not factual. They all struck together because Hoffa sr negotiated them all at the same time and contract language specified the IBT could selectively strike using all or some of the NMFA carriers . It was all up to Hoffa. Similarly Mr O may still wield that power. Nobody knows for sure.

Several investors/traders have made millions off the stock. Buying stock at $.60 & selling for $1.04 is making those wealthy. I would guess that several in Yellow management/stockholders have done quite well the last few weeks.
Trading stock in the company that you work for is illegal if you have access to insider information like management would have. ABF had a President back around 2013 fired for insider trading.