Yellow | “Pretty normal” YRC suffers 2017 loss to $10.8 million compared with $21.5 million gain in 2018

The company could have held off on 40 million worth of equipment until 2018 and showed a decent year nd profit if they wanted to.Sometimes I think there is a little stock manipulation.
The company with the worst equipment in the industry should not purchase or lease new equipment? Oxymoron. I would worry more about all the worker comp claims, cargo claims, productivity and load average for a better contract.

The company with the worst equipment in the industry should not purchase or lease new equipment? Oxymoron. I would worry more about all the worker comp claims, cargo claims, productivity and load average for a better contract.

I agree with your points, but the first is brought to the fore because of an aging workforce, required to perform at a challenging level, with fewer earned days off to recooperate.

Face it, we’re ambulatory fossils . :17142:

That’s not what I said at all. They could have spent 40 million less down the stretch and held off for a couple months.Spent 90 million on equipment instead of 133 million and showed a 30 +million profit if they wanted too.

That’s not what I said at all. They could have spent 40 million less down the stretch and held off for a couple months.Spent 90 million on equipment instead of 133 million and showed a 30 +million profit if they wanted too.
some of that "funny" money..move the figures around on a balance sheet and skew the numbers that would be more beneficial to the company (can you say wage cuts/concessions?)