TForce | 0 Tolerance

hugnlug

TB Veteran
Credits
Today I heard that we now have in place a 0 tolerance operation for the dock. Everything must be inked. Failure to do so is a write up. Also if you get caught damaging anything its a write up. My question is that you load a piece of freight onto a city trailer free and clear of damage. Then you put your name as the loader on the loading manifest. Next along comes someone else and wipes out your skid. That person does'nt say anything and leaves. Guess who do they zing for the damage? You might want to have a steward with you.

hugnlug said:
Today I heard that we now have in place a 0 tolerance operation for the dock. Everything must be inked. Failure to do so is a write up. Also if you get caught damaging anything its a write up. My question is that you load a piece of freight onto a city trailer free and clear of damage. Then you put your name as the loader on the loading manifest. Next along comes someone else and wipes out your skid. That person does'nt say anything and leaves. Guess who do they zing for the damage? You might want to have a steward with you.
Maybe thats why they are telling us not to sign anything??????CYA?????

What about the trucks and the trailers - are we responsible for every nick, dent, broken mirror, faulty brakes, low oil, balding tires, broken lights, nonworking gauges, broken coffee cups, etc? Oh, what about greasy uniforms - here we go UPS. cul8r

How many times has any company ever "enacted" some tough new policy and yet no-one ever seems to get disciplined because of it? It's called "scare-tactics" or as a former TM of mine said "cracking the whip..."

Welcome to the rank-and-file.

UPGF4IBT said:
How many times has any company ever "enacted" some tough new policy and yet no-one ever seems to get disciplined because of it? It's called "scare-tactics" or as a former TM of mine said "cracking the whip..."

Welcome to the rank-and-file.
So true. :bicycle: see no damage done

skull said:
What about the trucks and the trailers - are we responsible for every nick, dent, broken mirror, faulty brakes, low oil, balding tires, broken lights, nonworking gauges, broken coffee cups, etc? Oh, what about greasy uniforms - here we go UPS. cul8r
Just carry your own cans of brown and grey spray paint....Leatherman tool and if all else fails the ol' it was that way when I got in it might work....

greezy trucker said:
What saying I need more tats? OK I will thank you.....Beards are just to much work for me so I can live with that....
Trucker...Just grow a Go-T! It's ALOT easier.
I've also gotta get a new Tat....Got charged by a Buffalo while in Yellowstone 2 weeks ago...missed the bike by 5'. Everybody asks.."did ya get a picture?" So I'm gonna get a Tat on my A**!

steve5 said:
I think what the thread starter is saying is that might all be changing. Look out for yourself.

Most of us up yonder referred to this as " flavor of the week" and in time it may pass, as usual, but from what I understand alot of new policies will be coming into effect, and we will have to abide by them. UPS tactics.

UPS will have many "flavors of the week"
And it wont be company wide
Every center/hub will have there own unique flavor of the week
And they allways "try" to enforce, but then again, I have a steward, a BA and union representation

heaven forbid if were going to actually be held accountable for things we tear up.

And remember that 90%
of what you read here is rumor.

We can only pray that all employees are held accountable for any damage they might do. Its to bad that "O" has allowed any one to get away with anything. My policy would be, You damage it and do not report it. FIRED no second chance! Damage it, Park it, and leave the blame for someone else! Sick of it! Every one complains about the junk equiptment we have. The only reason it is junk is because of the people that are useing it. Its not mine, Who cares attitude! Be a man and own up to what you have damaged!

In my opinion its about time this issue is being addressed.

When I worked for Teamster union LTL companies,all that damaged freight or equipment were first warned,than writen up.
The next time it was three days off without pay.
Most of the time if it got as far as the three days off.
That got their attention to be more careful,performing their jobs.
If this was taken to the union rep's., by the employee.
The rep's told us to slow down,and watch what we were doing.
They said they couldn't help if we weren't being careful.

I was very surprised when hiring on at Overnite,that our employees were warned,and warned,over,and over,thats as far as it went?

The same people wreaking freight,and equipment for all the years they've worked here,with nothing more than a warning?

I've always woundered why they were warned, if there was nothing to back up the warning?

I posted some time ago how I took pictures of the damage on my route trailer due to poor loading.

Well they either don't bother loading me up when I'm out with an appointment load,and I have to finish when I get back.
Or they'er very careful that its loaded right.

All the pictures I've taken,just showing the dock crew never got me anywhere.

The last set I showed my TM,he grab them,and got in the dock crews face with them,lately my route has become claim free.

Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

It's all about pride. You got to have pride in what you do. Too many guys just show up and just go through the motions.

BusterNite said:
We can only pray that all employees are held accountable for any damage they might do. Its to bad that "O" has allowed any one to get away with anything. My policy would be, You damage it and do not report it. FIRED no second chance! Damage it, Park it, and leave the blame for someone else! Sick of it! Every one complains about the junk equiptment we have. The only reason it is junk is because of the people that are useing it. Its not mine, Who cares attitude! Be a man and own up to what you have damaged!
In our contract, not reporting an accident is a "cardinal sin":bye1:
Im with you on "taking pride in what you drive"
Ive driven some that looked like a homeless person lived in it. I was scared somthing was gonna reach out from all the garbage and pull me under :hysterical: Or those who will never run it thru the carwash(your getting paid!!) or clean the inside of the windshield. Youed be amazed at how clearer it is when you remove that layer of dirt:horse:

Yes, and when you look at most terminal parking lots, nice cars, bikes and pick up trucks, You know they take pride in their ride's, But I guess when you don't own it, The its not mine attitude kicks in!

BusterNite said:
Yes, and when you look at most terminal parking lots, nice cars, bikes and pick up trucks, You know they take pride in their ride's, But I guess when you don't own it, The its not mine attitude kicks in!

Well, That's when you're fired attitude should kick in.

Skeeter said:
Well, That's when you're fired attitude should kick in.
Hey skeeter, where have you been? And yes I agree but to no end managment does not do anything about these drivers that are known to be abusive pigs. Although I do understand that managment cannot baby sit on a day to day basis. You would think where the drivers live in their equipment that they would want it to be clean. I have been in some tractors that should have been declared health hazards. Less than 5 minutes a day to keep it clean.