XPO | 01/02/2010 linehaul runs

maybe you better read the yrc board alittle bit. Bet you if a girl at the checkout at the grocery store was rude to you, you wouldn't go back to that store would you? You would say that everyone that works at that store is rude.

See that's the problem, I would rather work on Saturday then New Year's eve or New Year's day. There are a lot of people out there that feel the same way. See, no matter what you do, you can't make everyone happy. I just don't want to be on the roads with the crazies, it is just not as safe as running on Saturday.

well it is like this,... we have work.... let's be happy about that... I am working saturday, I have 25 plus years here, just be glad that the doors are not closing, OR sitting in a truck stop for the weekend!!! Maybe; Just maybe, if you guys *****ing do not like it, pick a door and see if it is greener on the other side(just remember ...you still have to cut the grass)...it will be a easy night... Let's truck guys!

They couldn't possibbly run all that freight on Monday night. Not enough drivers or trailers, with all the freight we now have. Would you rather run on New Year's Eve. Not me.

good point beerfd!

man they're all over this site complaining about a two hour backup on the night before a holiday... so instead of working New Year's Eve it turns into a Saturday reship? Why don't you babies call corporate and ask them to just let you stay home seven days a week and send you a paycheck!

It's called flexibility and that's what we have always counted on in this company. Thanksgiving was a good example of end of the month freight levels compounded by the Canadian operations running a five day week as opposed to our three. We got buried in freight and ran late every night the next week trying to get ahead of the game.

You want freakin banker's hours... quit and hire into a bank! The freight levels and flow mandate the levels of operation. Maybe we should have just told all of our customers last week that 1% of our workforce doesn't want to work so the level of unhappy drivers should mandate how much freight we will haul this week.

Man, where's tripltruk when we need him?

saturday work

I cannot believe there isn't more outrage over this.
Not one guy I talked to last night was the least bit happy about this.
As we're told, Saturday will be just like it was Thursday night. There's none of this, "volunteer from the top and force from the bottom" business. our #1-#30+ guys are told, "Saturday is a linehaul day. Be at your FAC by noon."

These are not just some little day time drop-n-hooks, this is running the FAC. Everyone, dock starts, hostlers, FOSs.... everyone. Just like a regular night. So prepare for a nice 12-14 hour day. Awesome huh?

I think it's a load of crap, and that CGO could not possibly care less about anyone who works outside that building.
IF YRC closes (and that's a BIG 'if') do you think working that day will get us ahead? No, but working that day will certainly destroy more goodwill toward Con-Way and take morale lower than ever.

I agree with a previous poster, that CGO TRIES to think of ways to alienate and irritate DSRs; simply because they can.

Plus, just think of the holiday pay they won't have to pay guys who don't come in Saturday. This is a win-win for CGO.

For being so anti-Un**n, it certainly seems like they want to see how far they can push before there's serious talk of it.

I'd have bet $100 that the switchboard at CGO was lit up like a Christmas tree today with complaints, but apparently I'm mistaken. I can't believe guys get upset about assigned trucks, or "he left before I did...waaahhh!!"--- yet complacently accept having your 3 day weekend turned into a $hit sandwich.

Me, I'd rather work Thursday or Friday night, instead of having my whole Saturday kicked in the face.

But hey, maybe I don't see the 'big picture.'

Someone in a coma could boost morale better than people at CGO are handling things.

you forget we are NOT open on saturday. our barn? volunteer and then forced from bottom up,i dont think city guys are doing this at all,only linehaul. dont think there will be alot of freight anyway,we will find out tomorrow.:ranting2:

wa,wa,wa,if you guys worked as hard as you cryed,oh thats right ive got saturday off,sorry.

Wow, that was a :nutkick: to those who have to work. I don't have to work either but I would not rub in the nose of those who do. I have worked on New Year's and well, not impressed by that decision. Saturday is a good thing for all and if I was working, I wouldn't be happy but if there was a job to do for me, I would do it. Let me tell you from experience, you never know what's around the next corner. Hardships, death, injury or so on. I have had to deal with those in the past couple of years so, be happy you are healthy enough to work and that you have a job.

ok the only problem i see, with this saturday fac , is that their running it during the day, and if most of you are like me were night walkers. we might melt during the day.:biglaugh: lets face it's a job we all sign up for it 20, 15, 10, 1 year ago.
so if we don't complain about this stuff that happens we wouldn't be normal.

everyone be safe have a good new years and see you next year...............:smilie_132::woot::d6625240:

Be happy you have work... Would you rather run Saturday or be in line for food stamps?? Like some other trucking companies... Remember one thing Con-Way is known for great customer service!! I am on the other hand of it just not a driver's wife... One reason Y_ _ "you fill in the blanks" stock is 1 dollar is because their customer service and people skills are 0%.... FYI- from both sides!

Dodge I am talking from personal experience it is a mixture of everything with that company. I had a Y__ customer service call me a not so nice name and drivers are rude. So my facts are straight thanks for checking though:)

Poor customer service IS NOT the reason why YRC is having troubles .. do some research ... I can not believe you believe what you posted even if they did cuss you out WOW

Wow, that was a :nutkick: to those who have to work. I don't have to work either but I would not rub in the nose of those who do. I have worked on New Year's and well, not impressed by that decision. Saturday is a good thing for all and if I was working, I wouldn't be happy but if there was a job to do for me, I would do it. Let me tell you from experience, you never know what's around the next corner. Hardships, death, injury or so on. I have had to deal with those in the past couple of years so, be happy you are healthy enough to work and that you have a job.

well why dont ya cushion up with your fellow driver???

Ummm..... maybe they are upset that it's the last holiday (and no vacations) until around April? Hubby was told he's going. Everyone else refused.

No options at our terminal, the regular LH drivers are going out on their runs unless they have personal time that they want to take. No option for Sr. guys to volunteer and not forcing bottom guys to fill the spots. Your run, you're running it.

Not complaining about the work as much as it was a planed long weekend for our family to head out of town together for a few days and now we can't.

well why dont ya cushion up with your fellow driver???

Well, all in all, I am on vacation and had a death in the family that we are still dealing with. Lots of loose ends to tie up since my wife and I are in charge of the estate. So, would I rather be working that dealing with this? Absolutely.

Ummm..... maybe they are upset that it's the last holiday (and no vacations) until around April? Hubby was told he's going. Everyone else refused.

Well that sucks but for him, well it might be a welcome relief after having to deal with you for that many days off.:biglaugh:

Being married and home with the family is nice but with a wife like you, vacation would be going back to work. :biglaugh:

Happy New Year to you and yours! :d6625240:

Heah naw..... don't yu be atalking 'bout me that way!!

I'm actually work part of the day like I do every Saturday so we don't see each other much except Sunday and part of Monday.

I'm the Best-est wife around and don't you fergit it! :ranting2:

Bigfoot, you and your family have a new year full of blessings and I pray for strength for you and your family during this time. God bless.

Well that sucks but for him, well it might be a welcome relief after having to deal with you for that many days off.:biglaugh:

Being married and home with the family is nice but with a wife like you, vacation would be going back to work. :biglaugh:

Happy New Year to you and yours! :d6625240:

See that's the problem, I would rather work on Saturday then New Year's eve or New Year's day. There are a lot of people out there that feel the same way. See, no matter what you do, you can't make everyone happy. I just don't want to be on the roads with the crazies, it is just not as safe as running on Saturday.

That's a good one!!! They don't want you on the road with the "Crazies" but they will send you out in a blizzard with empty's!!!

Sorry, I'll be snowed in, friday afternoon I plan to run the snowblower in reverse, I won't be able to get out saturday.:nutkick:

At my barn there is no FAC tonight and no linehaul, It is all on Saturday like the all the rest. Personally, I would rather be off for New Years Eve and be able to celebrate with my family and friends. By the way, I have to work Saturday. No big deal I say.