FedEx Freight | 100% Paid Healthcare Benefits

Wow I can't believe some of what I'm reading. The insurance in Texas is going to go up 60% , all others are going to go up. The insurance companies are taken a beaten with obamacare. Nobody should have to file bankruptcy or have fund raisers to cover there medical cost. The Cadillac plan is $27,000 or more per employee. If you look on your w2 line 12 dd it will tell you what was paid in healthcare. The average comes out to be $14,000. That leaves Fedex $13000 to play with to give you better healthcare. Why don't you ask them why they dont?

RF24WXw.jpg

Our healthcare is real good!!!

I have no problem with it. I max out every year and don't need a fund raiser or anything else.

I hope you or a family member don't have something catastrophic. Cancer,lost limb,heart etc. Did you know a wheel chair or prosthetic limb is not covered. Or if your medivac that's 20 grand not covered. Catastrophic illness does not discriminate nor does it have an age.

Crazy Trucker, I didn't fall off the turnip yesterday. 22 years with Viking and 11 years with FXF. I know where my pension came from. I also know there are requirements that had to be met to receive the "full pension". 30 years with the company and 65 years of age. Anything less on one or both accounts and it affects your pension. Not sure what kind of a deal the AF or Watkins drivers receive. TP

Crazy Trucker, I didn't fall off the turnip yesterday. 22 years with Viking and 11 years with FXF. I know where my pension came from. I also know there are requirements that had to be met to receive the "full pension". 30 years with the company and 65 years of age. Anything less on one or both accounts and it affects your pension. Not sure what kind of a deal the AF or Watkins drivers receive. TP

I never said you did, but you come on here and act like to receive a pension from FXF which is not true.

There comes a time when you have to stop beating a dead horse. CT your right and I'm wrong. FXF has nothing to do with my pension. I'm just thankful you showed me the error of my ways. TP.

There comes a time when you have to stop beating a dead horse. CT your right and I'm wrong. FXF has nothing to do with my pension. I'm just thankful you showed me the error of my ways. TP.

You're absolutely right that's his way, he argues and fights right wrong or indifferent until you give up. All along accusing everybody else of doing it, he incapable of a civil conversation.

YRC drivers all pay 200$ to 250$ a week in concessions. So how is their health care free. Nothing is free. And their pensions have been taken back as well, or cut down to nothing.

YRC drivers all pay 200$ to 250$ a week in concessions. So how is their health care free. Nothing is free. And their pensions have been taken back as well, or cut down to nothing.
I told you guys how the YRC guys think of their situation. Now you have proof.

There is no such thing as a perfect situation. And arguments regarding pensions and healthcare (and who should be paying for it) can go in circles for literally days.

I hope I speak for everyone when I say I sincerely hope that the YRC drivers get a better deal in 2019.

I never said you did, but you come on here and act like to receive a pension from FXF which is not true.
When I retired, I received a pension from FXF, in addition to my Viking pension.. It was not much, but I was only in it for four years.. I choose to take it as a lump sum, but a monthly payment was available..

When I retired, I received a pension from FXF, in addition to my Viking pension.. It was not much, but I was only in it for four years.. I choose to take it as a lump sum, but a monthly payment was available..

How much if you don't mind me being nosy.

Wow! Pretty good deal for 4 years, as you said. Far superior to today's plan...
Not as good as it sounds.. When the plan started, I had 35 years of service and was close to 60 years old so I got the max contribution from FXF. The money goes into an escrow account which makes almost no interest.. Somebody starting new at a young age would have less then a couple of thousand dollars for the same amount of time. As with most retirement plans, it was only intended to provide part of your retirement. They always told us to figure the Viking plan to cover about 25% when you retired.. Having been on it for a number of years, that is about right.. Retirement is a combination of many things, company plans (if you have one), 401k, social security, savings, investments and last but not least, good planning on your part.. You have to take responsibility and be ready.. If you decide to retire and expect somebody else to have done it for you, you will not eat well..

Wow! Pretty good deal for 4 years, as you said. Far superior to today's plan...
Got that right!! Just got my pension statement asking me what I wanted to do with it. Mine was 6 years of service and just over $11,000.

Viking told us years ago that the pension is just part of our retirement package.With our pension. 401K and SS, you should make the same amount of money as when you were working. Once again you had to qualify for the full pension. 30 years of service and 65 years old. Anything less will effect your pension. I'm not sure if anyone had noticed, but pensions are getting harder to find in the work place. 22 years with Viking and 11 years with FXF. I'm in my 6th year of retirement. I went with the pension plan that paid me the most. When I die the pension stops. I'm happy with the results. TP