ABF | 15%

Do I have to do a screen grab

Panther has fleet drivers
Will you not go to there site

If you don't care about your job F your job
Freight kitty's

Sorry, Panther isn't a big deal to me. I don't care how fast they drive. If you wanna drive 75, then go to Panther.

Ya ok? So what? Why is speed such a big deal? I know the majority are O/O.

Hey if you want to drive 75, and they are hiring, sounds like a perfect fit for You. 62 doesn't bother me, its safer.

Ya ok? So what? Why is speed such a big deal? I know the majority are O/O.

Hey if you want to drive 75, and they are hiring, sounds like a perfect fit for You. 62 doesn't bother me, its safer.

Dude really... Go as slow as u want I could give an S I am in a 75 -85 mph state!

I have a life to live an would rather not be in a truck!

Why is speed so important?????city driver please don't try to understand the road.
I was in the city for 10 years
Really...we get paid by the mile dude seriously???
62mph vs 75mps matters

ABF bought no one????

Ok well u want to play word games
I'm not interested in word games

Feel free to pollinate ignorance

ABF bought no one. Panther is owned by Arkansas Best Corporation.
Do you have any evidence that Panther is hauling our freight?

Totally up to speed, the o.p. was worried about a rumor.

Stoned...I didn't discuss a rumor
I just said my response to A rumor

Stoned is clearly management or
Management is clearly stoned

Works both ways

About a month ago, I was told, at a regular customer, to be aware that Panther was going to expedite one of the shipments that was listed for ABF to pick up...so I was not to pick up that shipment....one of three the customer had for ABF. As luck would have it, the Panther driver showed up at the same time as I did.....in a small panel van.......to pick up a 2500 lb. skid. He had the skid placed right against the back doors....I had asked him whether that was a good place...or should he have it moved up in front of his rear axle? His response was that "it would interfere with his sleeping room" if the skid was any farther forward. When I asked him if his panel van was a one ton panel van,...he got kind of confused, and said he could "haul up to 9,000 lbs.", and then reversed himself when I asked if he was talking about the GVWR....he wasn't really sure if his truck was a one ton, or a half-ton (single tire rear axle on a Ford van...). He was really pleased with Panther....said he had been with them about 4 months, and was making 34 cents a mile,....he didn't say if he owned the van, or was getting a wage from an owner. My opinion.....very unprofessional. Didn't know....or want to know, any laws about overweight, or hours of service......all he knew was that 4 months ago, he was out of work, and now he's making 34 cents a mile. Since then, at our terminal, we've had several Panther drivers.....all in ,I presume,...one ton panel vans....come into our terminal to have us transfer freight from one truck to another. As there is a safety issue here, and the Panther drivers do not seem to know their weight ratings , or the laws concerning such,...I have told our members to ask to see the Owner's cards to insure we aren't overloading their equipment. I would recommend all terminals having Panther coming in to perform a "switching" service to insure the vehicle loaded is properly weight-rated. On another note,.....I guess it's technically true that ABF didn't buy Panther,....or Albert Moving and Storage, for that matter,.....but as ABF provides 90% of the revenue for ABC Corporation,....one wonders where they got the cash to do so.........

If we can go faster our hourly rate goes up[mileage] then all of the lower and middle management will need a raise to keep up

Sorry ABF, get ready to hear 85% of something is better than a 100% of nonething.... You just don't know it yet, but Hoffa and Johnson has already sold you out,

Don't give in stand up and fight the company and the IBT if you have to I am tired of paying for the mistakes of these companies they go and spend there money buying up companies and miss manage there money and bonus out to the upper management and expect the employees to bail them out it makes me sick so stand up and fight for what you have worked for dont let them rob you blind every week like they do us don't give in dont fall into all there BS scare tactics hang in there and good luck help keep the unity and integrity because we are union

Don't give in stand up and fight the company and the IBT if you have to I am tired of paying for the mistakes of these companies they go and spend there money buying up companies and miss manage there money and bonus out to the upper management and expect the employees to bail them out it makes me sick so stand up and fight for what you have worked for dont let them rob you blind every week like they do us don't give in dont fall into all there BS scare tactics hang in there and good luck help keep the unity and integrity because we are union

Sooo, where should your unemployment check be sent?

Send mine to my house and after 99 weeks send my welfare check and food stamps there also ill send you a thank you card while I sit home and you continue to bend over.:moon2:

Send mine to my house and after 99 weeks send my welfare check and food stamps there also ill send you a thank you card while I sit home and you continue to bend over.:moon2:

So let me get this straight. You would rather live off the government and be a lazy bum, and be ok with thousands of out of work Teamster's then work for 85%?
And I'm the one that would be bending over?

I am with you stickman, we have to take a stand somewhere, and stoney yes I am not willing to to work for 85% either. It's time we take a stand because this affects more then just our wages, it affects our pension and health benefits to. so yes I am willing to take a stand.

Stoney, have you worked for 85 percent? Talking about it and doing it are very different animals! If it actually comes down to a vote to work for 85 percent, then I think a lot can be learned from your brothers at YRC and their regional carriers. Learn how they extend the 85 percent by two years without a vote, learn how they give big raises to exec's without discussing changing the 85 percent and learn from experience, that even when the companies profits start to rise, they do not discuss changing the 85 percent, your stuck with it. So Stoney if you have experience with this, then please continue to share, but if you are just talking like you know, even though you have never been there, maybe you should let the fella's with experience chat.

I am with you stickman, we have to take a stand somewhere, and stoney yes I am not willing to to work for 85% either. It's time we take a stand because this affects more then just our wages, it affects our pension and health benefits to. so yes I am willing to take a stand.

Ya! Take a stand! Put a Teamster on the unemployment line!

Stoney, have you worked for 85 percent? Talking about it and doing it are very different animals! If it actually comes down to a vote to work for 85 percent, then I think a lot can be learned from your brothers at YRC and their regional carriers. Learn how they extend the 85 percent by two years without a vote, learn how they give big raises to exec's without discussing changing the 85 percent and learn from experience, that even when the companies profits start to rise, they do not discuss changing the 85 percent, your stuck with it. So Stoney if you have experience with this, then please continue to share, but if you are just talking like you know, even though you have never been there, maybe you should let the fella's with experience chat.

Yrc was done, if not for the 85%. Bought those guys a job for a years at least.

So I gotta experience 85% before I work for 85? Uh?