TForce | 16 bucks to start really?????

The starting pay is 14.63 for full time dock and15.05 for full time city, that is for the first 45 working days or 90 calender days(probation period).

If you don't want the job, don't take it. It is your loss. In 3 years you will be making over 26.15 per hour.

'FOUR!'

When I hired on with Overnite back in July 1986,the starting hourly city driving pay was only $9.22 per hour.
And I was taking a hugh pay cut coming from working as a casual city driver with union LTL's which at that time was $13.66 per hour.
I stayed with Overnite/UPS Freight until I retired in 2008,simply because Overnite was steady work where working as a casual for union companies were hit and miss.

The starting pay is 14.63 for full time dock and15.05 for full time city, that is for the first 45 working days or 90 calender days(probation period).

If you don't want the job, don't take it. It is your loss. In 3 years you will be making over 26.15 per hour.

'FOUR!'

I have to agree with this.... A little pain now for a nice reward in a couple years

How to survive the first two years.

1 Brown bag at lunch
2 Buy a car you can afford
3 Buy a house you can afford
4 Eliminate Credit cards from your lifestyle.

Do these 4 things and 16 bucks an hour will be plenty of money.

I agree with your advice but i would have to drop 7 bucks an hour from what i make now thats atleast 1,000 a month and i have a family,mortgage,car payment ect.its just to much to drop.I cant come home and say honey lets sell the house and move into a trailer for 3 yrs and then buy it back!!:chairshot:

I agree with your advice but i would have to drop 7 bucks an hour from what i make now thats atleast 1,000 a month and i have a family,mortgage,car payment ect.its just to much to drop.I cant come home and say honey lets sell the house and move into a trailer for 3 yrs and then buy it back!!:chairshot:

There are 1000's waiting on the per-employment list. We had 3 or 4 guys leave during the union transition. Everyone of them wishes they stayed. $24.40 per hour on 7-1-11.

Ive got 1 year and 9 months til I hit top pay and I cant wait.....

By the way, it could be worse. I hear Conway is 5 years to hit top pay and I believe they make slightly less then us.

you can thank hoffa for that that coward he plays golf with ups ceo

I thank the Union for full pay for delay time waiting on loads. I thank the Union for the opportunity to get medical insurance after I retire until I am eligible for Medicare. I thank the Union that I have a pension, Overnite would not have set up a pension plan without trying to compete with the Union companies. I thank UPS for operating a company that makes the money to pay us these benefits.

I also thank great teachers for teaching me capitalization and punctuation.

Jeff has the best advice,that if we could all just live without paying some intuitions for the use of their money we'd all be a lot better off.
We wouldn't have to make so much money to have peace of mind in our lives.

In fact there is a Bible verse that addresses this very issue.
Proverbs 22:7 The rich rulth over the poor,and the borrower is servant to the lender.

So there you have it,learn to live within your means,you will be a lot happier.

Diesel Smoke said:
Ive got 1 year and 9 months til I hit top pay and I cant wait.....

By the way, it could be worse. I hear Conway is 5 years to hit top pay and I believe they make slightly less then us.

I believe they top out at 23 something but the five progression is true to.