FedEx Freight | 2007 Rasies

I do realize that city work is hard, I have done it. However, I usually work about 60 to 65 hours per week, city drivers as I recall try and work about 40. Now I ask you if more hours worked does not deserve more money then you are not understanding what
"THE AMERICAN DREAM" is all about. No one, and I mean no one, that has ever made it "BIG" has ever just worked 40 hours or less. Most of the time it is in excess of 70+.

I agree with you,I am a city driver, all you have to do is get the greed in harrison to let us work the hours. I will put in 70 easily, but with fed ex selfish policy of not working for a competitor that doesn't leave much for other work unless you want to work for minumum wage at walmart, tell me again how harrison cares for its city drivers,:hide:

beating - beating - beating
the horse is dead
the horse is dead
the horse is dead
no smile of beating a dead horse yet SO!
the horse is dead
the horse is dead
the horse is dead
raises have come and gone lets move on!
I will bring back freight for line haul
and he will return the favor each morning
:1036316054:
CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?

Your ruining the Economy?

Bloomberg.com: Stocks

Don't you people realize your causing inflation asking for higher pay!:hysterical:

Is a 401k equal to taking your own hands, putting them to your own throat, and choking yourself?

Jesus worked 6 days and rested on the 7th, look at what happened to him!

I will politely and respectfully disagree with StPeter. I would like to ask if you are married how your wife likes sleeping alone or not being able to go to your kids ball games at night. This is the main reason road drivers make more money. The crazy hours that we work!

I do realize that city work is hard, I have done it. However, I usually work about 60 to 65 hours per week, city drivers as I recall try and work about 40. Now I ask you if more hours worked does not deserve more money then you are not understanding what
"THE AMERICAN DREAM" is all about. No one, and I mean no one, that has ever made it "BIG" has ever just worked 40 hours or less. Most of the time it is in excess of 70+.
Ask any business person that has made the little business on the corner to a world wide house hold name just how many hours they worked when they started.

That's my rant for the week. Ya'll take care,

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Well, Both of you Drivers have a valid point. I feel that my pay and benefits package as a city driver are good but it is the hours that I am are allowed to work is the real issue with Fedex. Most city drivers are not allowed to work over 40 hours. We should be able to have the option to work the dock or extra swap outs at the end of our shift , but instead this company prefers to over hire city drivers instead of rewarding its workers with an opportunity to earn extra wages.:chairshot: :duh:

the horse is dead
the horse is dead
the horse is dead
no smile of beating a dead horse yet SO!
the horse is dead
the horse is dead
the horse is dead
raises have come and gone lets move on!
I will bring back freight for line haul
and he will return the favor each morning
:1036316054:
CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?
Seems that everyone is getting along, no one is cussing the other out LOL, I know its killing you to see this thread still alive and kicking, but obviously these things are of concern to some of these folks, it warms my heart to see that someone such as yourself is happy with the way things are.

Seems that everyone is getting along, no one is cussing the other out LOL, I know its killing you to see this thread still alive and kicking, but obviously these things are of concern to some of these folks, it warms my heart to see that someone such as yourself is happy with the way things are.

can you change it?...............
na me neither!
http://www.jeepforum.com/gallery/files//1/0/cheers.gif
I don't know about happy with
but still glad to have a job where i do!

can you change it?...............
na me neither!
http://www.jeepforum.com/gallery/files//1/0/cheers.gif
I don't know about happy with
but still glad to have a job where i do!

Of course I can't change it, my point is if these guys feel better about sharing about it let them, no need to lobby for the thread to be closed, or for everyone to just drop it, you should be proud that you started a thread that got so much response, I have never started one that came anywhere close to this big, I have been guilty of griping about things I can't change we all have, sometimes to vent to someone may stop a guy from going in the next day and unloading on an ops supervisor and getting in trouble. This board has made me feel better for years.

Well, Both of you Drivers have a valid point. I feel that my pay and benefits package as a city driver are good but it is the hours that I am are allowed to work is the real issue with Fedex. Most city drivers are not allowed to work over 40 hours. We should be able to have the option to work the dock or extra swap outs at the end of our shift , but instead this company prefers to over hire city drivers instead of rewarding its workers with an opportunity to earn extra wages.:chairshot: :duh:

FXFE :1036316054:

How can you blame FXF for not giving you more than 40 hours (especially in a soft economy ??) when you know that after 40 hours they have to pay you overtime. The politicians egged on by the "u" are the ones that passed those laws not FXF.

:smilie_132:

Of course I can't change it, my point is if these guys feel better about sharing about it let them, no need to lobby for the thread to be closed, or for everyone to just drop it, you should be proud that you started a thread that got so much response, I have never started one that came anywhere close to this big, I have been guilty of griping about things I can't change we all have, sometimes to vent to someone may stop a guy from going in the next day and unloading on an ops supervisor and getting in trouble. This board has made me feel better for years.

i just don't want everyone to argue over and over about who is more important in our company.
My point is with out one the other just wouldn't be. venting is good i do agree
but saying i am better than my co-workers
and they saying they are better than me.
gee this thread is getting close to 10,000 post but how about this.
what can we do as a collective to improve conditions, pay raises, equipment, etc.
positive - forward movement
and an 1-800 number and if you dare asklarry@
diversitcity group

i know .... lets all meet for coffee make a open fourm out of it and see what happens!
where should our first meeting be?:gathering: :argue:

Not sure where some of the other guys posting the raise for the chicago land area got thier info but we went from:

$22.59/ hr to $23.10/hr or a .51 cent raise,

and

.5388/cpm to .5502/cpm or a .0144/cpm raise.

Also i didnt know till now part time suplimental dock associates make $17.09/hr
Wish i could have made that kind of money at 18 y.o. :1036316054:

All info above is accurate for the DPL (DesPlaines, Ill) center.

That has got to be top scale for the part time dock. Before the raise our (AUR) pt dock started at 14.75 hr

A 2.2 percent raise is totally inadequate, and expected from this company. At our meeting they coupled the 2.2 with our BONUS and claimed that we are getting a 4.5 percent raise, and that last year we got 4.0 percent. I swear, then they talked about some B.S. discounted insurance we can purchase, totally at our own cost and acted like they were just taking great care of us. Im tired of being under paid compared to other terminals. They know that they have us by the cojones, because its not so bad we will quit, but not as good as it could be. We are stuck.

Are you sure you understood the numbers? In our meeting we heard the same numbers, but slightly different from what you said. Last year our bonus was raised from 3.5% to 4%of our gross earnings. And this year the bonus is raised from 4% to 4.5%of our gross earnings. That has nothing to do with the raise. The raise was 2.2%

i just don't want everyone to argue over and over about who is more important in our company.
My point is with out one the other just wouldn't be. venting is good i do agree
but saying i am better than my co-workers
and they saying they are better than me.
gee this thread is getting close to 10,000 post but how about this.
what can we do as a collective to improve conditions, pay raises, equipment, etc.
positive - forward movement
and an 1-800 number and if you dare asklarry@
diversitcity group

i know .... lets all meet for coffee make a open fourm out of it and see what happens!
where should our first meeting be?:gathering: :argue:

I see what you are saying, point taken, that was a good raise, congrats to the Fedexers out there!!:1036316054:

TO ALL,,,,, My sister is a flight attendent for a MAJOR airlines,,, and they have not got a "raise" in over 10 yrs... And she makes the same or a little less than I do on my SMALL shuttle run... Now I do believe a 'sqeakey wheel' gets oiled,, but,,, I can imagine,, and see everyday people making less than "WE" do.... WE should stand up to the big wigs,,,, BUT,,, there is the larger picture,,, look what has happened to the American auto makers,,, making 30+$ an hour, installing light bulbs... they are hurting big time... Be glad the powers in charge "So Far" are smart enough to keep our company in the 'profit' zone,, and not going out of buisness......... Think about it.....

PLEASE

PLEASE

PLEASE

Jeff, FM, Smoke, SOMEBODY,

Surely amongst the high and august ranks of this board's administration, at least one of you can figure out how to create an icon/smilie thing that shows someone KICKING or otherwise BEATING A DEAD HORSE.

That way, when a poster posts content such as that which immediately causes most readers to loudly sigh and exclaim to those in the vicinity, "not THIS again," the reader can just reply to said post by clicking the appropriate icon of someone KICKING or otherwise BEATING A DEAD HORSE.

Of course, NOTHING in the past few posts would fit into that category. :hide:

OLDAF are you a road driver or a city driver? You don't want to talk about money that makes me think your wife has the real job in the family?:hide:

OLDAF are you a road driver or a city driver? You don't want to talk about money that makes me think your wife has the real job in the family?:hide:

I understand that you don't like OLDAF's post but I fail to see where a post like this is going to do anything but create havoc. Think about it?

I understand that you don't like OLDAF's post but I fail to see where a post like this is going to do anything but create havoc. Think about it?

What? I asked if he is a road driver or city driver. I asked if his wife has a better paying job than him? We have got guys in our center whose wives make more than they do and there proud of it.They don't have to work, worry or give a crap about pay or fed ex or anything else.:hide: