ODFL | 2015 Tractors

Well these are diffrent.. were having Alot of success with them here. They pull very well...take some getting use to though....are Volvos are equipped with the I 12 automatic...I think Conway FedEx and Estes are running them also

None of these are autos are they? Talked to both a Con-Way and FedEx driver with autos who love them. They say they get-up off the line but i dont know.... I like shifting. Makes me feel more like im driving it like i stole it.

My 1000 was off.Was told today 700 new one's have been order'd.I was at freightliner in Cleveland NC yesterday seen about 10 on yard.Several more have roll'd into GBO the past couple of day's.Was told they are investing alot more this year on new equipment.That's one thing I can say about OD.When we do good we all benefit from it.My 401 k will be looking really good again this year's.Thank's OD

None of these are autos are they? Talked to both a Con-Way and FedEx driver with autos who love them. They say they get-up off the line but i dont know.... I like shifting. Makes me feel more like im driving it like i stole it.

They are a pain to back to a dock.Ask them about slamming the freight door."Hello" I'm here.

Don't mean to start any new gossip but I was told two days ago that 400 2015 tractors had been ordered. Not sure if it's region specific or what but that's what I was told by a reputable source at the GBO terminal.

They are a pain to back to a dock.Ask them about slamming the freight door."Hello" I'm here.

In my opinion, the Freightliners with automatics that I've driven so far at my current place of employment are more of a pain when backing up to docks. Nothing like the control I have when backing up the 10 speed single axle Freightliner that I'm currently driving. I've also been driving a 2010 M12 Freightliner with the Eaton Fuller Smartshift and that sucker is a pain in the butt to do 'fine' reverse movements when backing in tight spots like single lane alleys in Philadelphia. To me, reverse in that M12 isn't that far off from what I experience in the automatic '14 tractors I've driven. It seems like you have to foot brake a lot more to maintain a smooth engagement.

That would be all over.Since we in GBO only see freightliner's lately.I would say they have order'd 400 freightliner's.I would say the other 300 are Volvo's.Most of the Volvo's head to MRT.I was told 700 hundred total yesterday.But,I also heard 1000.My opinion is the 1000 is tractor's&trailer's this year.
Don't mean to start any new gossip but I was told two days ago that 400 2015 tractors had been ordered. Not sure if it's region specific or what but that's what I was told by a reputable source at the GBO terminal.

That would be all over.Since we in GBO only see freightliner's lately.I would say they have order'd 400 freightliner's.I would say the other 300 are Volvo's.Most of the Volvo's head to MRT.I was told 700 hundred total yesterday.But,I also heard 1000.My opinion is the 1000 is tractor's&trailer's this year.

i heard theres over 1000 trailers waiting to be picked up at wabash, who the heck knows how much new equipment they are getting. we got 1 new volvo, thats it so far

We are buying equipment faster than they can build it.... I would say be patient on getting new tractors as many don't have enough for all of their employees now, let alone pass new ones out as replacements. I know of a few centers that are renting equipment. We are currently renting 3 vans. It will work its way out, everyone keep up the good work and be patient.

Od doesn't pull all the new trailers to term.Down here we have ABF bring alot of them in.We moved alot of there new trailer's several yrs ago.We are all a big happy family in the LTL World.:grouphug:
i heard theres over 1000 trailers waiting to be picked up at wabash, who the heck knows how much new equipment they are getting. we got 1 new volvo, thats it so far

Yep!!Getting ready to send out my 07:LMAO:You know the top of the food chain get's the best of everything.:hide:
We are buying equipment faster than they can build it.... I would say be patient on getting new tractors as many don't have enough for all of their employees now, let alone pass new ones out as replacements. I know of a few centers that are renting equipment. We are currently renting 3 vans. It will work its way out, everyone keep up the good work and be patient.

friend of mine works for Auto truck transport. He told me he saw several 2015 OD freightliner sleepers on their yard decked up for delivery

I drove a 2015 Freightliner Sunday night, It pulls like a 25yr. old mule. Since they put the Detroit's in them someone needs to ride along with us drivers and see what we have to do just to get the mountains. Where I would have to grab one gear on a *******s now I have to take two just to make it to the top with an avg. load. If someone can answer the reason be hind putting Detroit's in the Freightliners and *******s in the new Volvo's?

Same here..I do like the cummin's better.I was told they have order'd both.It's all about fuel mileage now&reliability.that's just my take&my word's don't count
I drove a 2015 Freightliner Sunday night, It pulls like a 25yr. old mule. Since they put the Detroit's in them someone needs to ride along with us drivers and see what we have to do just to get the mountains. Where I would have to grab one gear on a *******s now I have to take two just to make it to the top with an avg. load. If someone can answer the reason be hind putting Detroit's in the Freightliners and *******s in the new Volvo's?

I too prefer the Volvo w/Cummins over the Freightliner with Detroit. With the Volvo I can get over 7 mpg doing linehaul. If I take a gutless Freightliner I get 6-6.5 and it pulls the hills so slow! Guess I got spoiled with the KW's at FedEx!