ODFL | 2015 wage meeting

Just curious but how many hours are the extra guys working now?
I'm not going to argue over this Song.We have more than enough driver's here between late city&Combo guy's that they will find a way&will send us home before OT will start.Now there cut off is 55.So I &everyone else go's home early on Thursday's&they will & have sent me&other's home earlier during week to hold hour's for Thursday.OD Management isn't stupid.Reason why we are doing has well has we are.The later driver's are lucky to even get there hour's.Around here the other LTL's that pay OT are lucky if a see few hour's Ot a week.What they get in a couple hour's don't even match what I make in the 50-55 I work a week.I see what you are saying.But,again they will find way's around it.Plus,if they pay'd us OT we wouldn't get the raises we get.Also on linehaul if they pay'd detention time for everything you wouldn't make what you make a mile.Just saying

Last edited:
Actually was just told by manager that
I hired on right before the wage increase 2 years ago. My manager told me I would be eligible for the raise after 30 days of employment.

That was my experience as well.

Also, can somebody confirm when the first pay scale bump occurs? I thought it was a year after hire? I'm not referring to the raise that everybody just got.

Your 1 year mark. Unless you were hired in at the 1 year rate then it would be 18 months

Also, can somebody confirm when the first pay scale bump occurs? I thought it was a year after hire? I'm not referring to the raise that everybody just got.[/QUOTE]

Just curious but how many hours are the extra guys working now?
Do not concern yourself as to how much someone else is getting. This is a Family and if you can not share with your brothers/sisters maybe this is not the place for you.
What bothers me is when drivers that are running wild bag (from other areas) come in and get loads out before drivers assigned to SC.. This includes dedicated and wild drivers in SC.. let's share and share alike.

Do not concern yourself as to how much someone else is getting. This is a Family and if you can not share with your brothers/sisters maybe this is not the place for you.
What bothers me is when drivers that are running wild bag (from other areas) come in and get loads out before drivers assigned to SC.. This includes dedicated and wild drivers in SC.. let's share and share alike.

That's the way it works. Foreign power gets out before extraboard from domicile. Hell that's the way it works at unionized carriers as well. As far as I know schedules are the only guys that get freight before foreign power.

I'm sorry if I sound callous, but this isn't family. It's business. You are delusional if you think this company would keep you on like family if they didn't need you. I do my job, I like my job, quite a lot in fact, and I like most of the guys I work with, but this place never takes precedence over my family at home. I'm not worried about what the next guy is making or doing. I was asking to clear up a point about whether these drivers in question at GBO are really "extra" city guys. Sounds like they are. Also sounds like a unique situation, most every barn I go to the city guys are all working close to 60 a week.

All I ever hear in the meetings now is O R numbers.that is all that matters now. It did not use to be this way. Song is right ,It is Business. That is all that matters to management now. Numbers

All I ever hear in the meetings now is O R numbers.that is all that matters now. It did not use to be this way. Song is right ,It is Business. That is all that matters to management now. Numbers
Coming from a couple other LTL,s our OR's is crazy. Companies would die for a 95 OR but ours is 81.5 ,,,we are doing great and we deserve the raises , it takes us all to do this, from the president to the floor sweepers. Great job everyone.

I would temper my previous remarks with the statement that I have never worked for an outfit that seems to take my well-being into account as well as OD. They have done things for me that I didn't think a company would do when I've needed it. Numbers and performance are very important in today's marketplace, and our management is rightfully conscientious of how we are doing. However I think they do the best they can to take care of those who take care of their business, and they do a good job. But I am not naïve. They are in the business of making money, and that's their primary goal.

Coming from a couple other LTL,s our OR's is crazy. Companies would die for a 95 OR but ours is 81.5 ,,,we are doing great and we deserve the raises , it takes us all to do this, from the president to the floor sweepers. Great job everyone.

I would say we are a team more than a family. We work hard together to reach a common goal. And I think we all are doing a great job of that. Keep it up y'all!

For some of the questions about will i get the raise ...here's what i remember. I started in an August. When the company wide raise came down in September I received the amount of that raise added to my starting rate. Pretty sure this is still the same, and applies as long as you're over 30 days. This was nice my first couple of years getting my regular increase followed by the company wide. Felt like Christmas lol