ODFL | 2016 Trucks

As a side note, I wonder when they'll institute the non-smoking policy in all the trucks. When Greg Gantt came for a visit this past summer at our terminal, he had mentioned this would happen eventually. Glad I finally put the smokes down, for my health's and family's sake. Break bulk terminals only keep tractors up to two years, if I'm not mistaken. Seeing that the 2015s were non-smoking, I wonder if they'll continue that when all the 2016s arrive, or if they'll allow smoking in the 2015 tractors once the 2016s come.
That rule is not enforced at my barn, the TM just turns a blind eye.......

It's me,It's me Ernest T..

I've driven a regen truck for over 200k miles now and haven't had an issue with a clogged filter! But then again, I'm not like the new guys we hire and can tell when the engine sounds a bit different!

Bullwagon this one would be a easy fix.But,we not going to takecare of your lightwork on this one.You da man..:rulz:
Na, not one to call anymore. I did a few times and didn't get the results that I thought I should have. Not my problem, I am a short timer anyways, on my way out. The boss can and does do what he wants.

I just wish up here in the PNW we would get a few more for line. Our poor shop can not keep up with all the older 800,000 mile colubmbia's constantly having problems. I think a week ago we were down about 7 for line use and reverted to P&D that were running better than the line power. Also you can keep the Detroit's--we have one that cant get out of its own way and pulling our mountains out here well, forget it--my littlc C13 runs circles around it and some of the cummins also so keep the Jimmy's (Detroits for you newer guys) and bring in the Cummins or Kitty Cats!

Na, not one to call anymore. I did a few times and didn't get the results that I thought I should have. Not my problem, I am a short timer anyways, on my way out. The boss can and does do what he wants.

Where you off to??? Thought OD was good to ya.

Really know change in 2016.Again,OD has order'd a ship load of Freightliner's&the normal Volvo order what I was told this week.All detroit's I think or more detroit's than the cummin's.Was at Freightliner several week's ago seen maybe 10 sitting around.
HAR shop told me... NO MORE SWEDES!!!! TO MANY PROBLEMS; CARRY A HIGHER ACCIDENT RATE...... Cummings has too many regen issues that have not been resolved... 1000 tractors this year slated for purchase...i'll keep the last of the "mutant" tractors... not shiny enough for todays drivers... LOL!!! upright regen unit,all the rest lay on their side under passenger door.. ROLL ON BIG "O"

Our P/D guys here have a real problem with figuring out when the tractors are Regen'ing on the fly and shutting them off anyways. One driver in particular has probably cost the company thousands of dollars in clogged exhaust filters and related maintenance expenses.
IT IS THE CITY DRIVERS FAULT.... DO THE REGEN YA SLUGS...ARG...YOUR ON THE CLOCK,YA SILLY RABBITS.....

In a thirty five MPH crosswind I'll take the Cummins over the Detroit everytime. My Cummins hasn't gone to the shop for unscheduled service(has 465,000 miles on it) yet,not getting any city miles has a lot to do with that.
DETROITS DO NOT PULL AS WELL; BUT WILL NOT LEAVE YOU STRANDED... OMW... KNOCK ON PLASTIC... GOT YA BEAT DEAN...875,000 ONE SENSOR AND A CLUTCH, BUT WITH THAT SAID SINCE I HAVE MUTANT; IT IS THE DUMB FREIGHTLINER PARTS THAT GET ME...WE DON'T STOCK CONEWTY VALVE, ITS ON ORDER.... OH THE PAIN !!! LOL!!

Was at the fuel bay finishing up my shift. Looked over and saw a VERY clean Cascadia. Then, I noticed that conspicuous '6' in the tractor number. Twas a 2016. Very pretty. The other driver seemed very protective and guarded, proclaiming "I don't have to smell any funky butt odors wafting up when I climb on the seat."

It's OK buddy, I was finishing up my shift. I'll keep my eye out for one this Monday.
REMAIN CALM AND STEP AWAY FROM MY NEW SHINY DRIVEY, I LOOK GOOD IN THING... NO CITY DRIVERS ALLOWED....OR THEIR FARTS.... LMAO !!!!!!

You guys need to quit being so hard on equipment. YRC has trucks with 13 million miles on them still running just fine.

Damn!!! That was actually funny BillyLo.... No where's the soap, I need to get this taste out if my mouth! :9529:

That the face you make after eating one of those roller dogs at the Pilot???
:eek new::eek new::eek new:

I may be a little plump, but it's not from eating food on a roller. Plus I get 30 minutes so I have time to enjoy me lunch. This body is a temple! :bowdown:

I just wish up here in the PNW we would get a few more for line. Our poor shop can not keep up with all the older 800,000 mile colubmbia's constantly having problems. I think a week ago we were down about 7 for line use and reverted to P&D that were running better than the line power. Also you can keep the Detroit's--we have one that cant get out of its own way and pulling our mountains out here well, forget it--my littlc C13 runs circles around it and some of the cummins also so keep the Jimmy's (Detroits for you newer guys) and bring in the Cummins or Kitty Cats!
cats are gone for now. accert engines I also thought were good horses.. 4 stroke detroits are really a mercedes in disguise.2 strokes are the real deal !!!! wish we could answer the true reason the DD15 suck on pulling AND fuel mileage.... might be the way it uses the EGR ????

friend of mine works for Auto Truck and delivered 2 trucks to our RTO facility yesterday.
he had to stop to hire someone to put roof fairing back on trucks
10470967_10205931155541909_4546016015739627434_n.jpg