ODFL | 2016 Trucks

A few weeks ago, on 62/63 between MFS and SPM, some hillbilly going the opposite direction lost a huge desk that flew up in the air and crashed into the front of my '12 Cascadia. Took out the bumper, grill, and headlight assembly. I was able to come to a complete stop before it hit, but since it was two lane with no shoulder, I could only watch as it sailed into my ride.

Memphis kept it and put me in a 2015. Then the snow and ice started across the south. It was almost 2 weeks before I got a load back to MFS to get her. I have to say that I'm not looking forward to the day I lose my 2012.

The '15 rode horrible, being shorter. It seemed to wander all over the road, where my '12 drives straight and solid. It was totally gutless. I don't think it would pull a greasy string out of a cat's butt. My '12 with a red motor pulls far better and way better in the hills. The Jake brake was about as effective on high as mine is on low. Pretty much worthless if you really need it. The cruise would slowly back off. Many times after a few minutes, I'd be doing 58 or 59. I finally gave up on the cruise and just drove on the throttle all week.

I don't experience the lag with my Jake. It is instant. I know other drivers say mine is an exception. On the plus side, the mirrors on the '15 didn't get screwed up when I used the windshield washer. My '12's washers renders my mirrors temporarily useless.

Here's the one no one believes me on....I HATED having the stereo. It's way too bright at night with no way to dim it that I found. I don't use a stereo anyhow. I use a Bluetooth speaker that I put on the eyebrow cubby hole above my head and listen to Pandora from my phone some, but mostly listen to podcasts I download at the motels at night. I like that MUCH better than anything I've ever found on the radio dial. I ended up covering the stereo up so itndodnt bother my light sensitive eyes.

I really like my 2012, but since the one I own is a '96, it seems pretty nice and new to me. Overall, the older truck drove and pulled far better than the new one

Paddle,

Completely agree with you about the twitchy steering on the new ones due to the wheelbase!

For anyone that is in a radio equipped truck here is the sequence I found by out by complete accident to dim the screen:

1. Press and hold the volume knob for several seconds. This brings you to the secondary screen which has advanced options.
2. Scroll through using the volume knob to ILLUM and turn it down to 1. Factory setting is 5, which is the brightest.
3. At night dim the dash using the dimmer switch to one click above completely dark. The dash dimmer also controls radio brightness and is the absolute lowest at this setting.

Note: I've found not all the trucks dim as low as others. Some dim so it is not very annoying and others are still quite bright. At the end of my shift if the radio is bright it does take a toll on the eyes!

Hey fellows work for UPSF & we recently got some freightshakers diesel & lng. I got a diesel with a Detroit. Man that thing can't pull. Agree with you guys on the steering also. The lng have cummins but they pull even worse if you can believe that. Also true about the filters I usually drain some ever day. Comfortable truck if your not real tall. Would of been decent if they put ISX in it. Our lng have lil cummins ISB maybe 405hp. Anyway guys truck safe.

Yep, Cummins might pull harder, but I don't like the delay with the engine brake. I haven't noticed that the Detroit's engine brake isn't as good. Certainly easier to shift w/ the engine brake on in a Cummins due to the delay, but I can also shift w/ the Detroit's engine brake on too. When picking a tractor for my shift, I don't go out of my way to see what kind of engine it has, only if it has a radio (non-smoking), and a relatively new pm done.
I guess opening the hood and doing a proper pretrip is out of the question.

I just saw pics of some tandem axle sleepers they have bought this year sounder how many of those they ordered
Was that the picture of several sitting in Atlanta????? You know one of them is Song's new ride.Move'n up the ladder!!:bouncy::encouragement:.............What's up with them new one's down there Song??????Container,Special Customer???

Was that the picture of several sitting in Atlanta????? You know one of them is Song's new ride.Move'n up the ladder!!:bouncy::encouragement:.............What's up with them new one's down there Song??????Container,Special Customer???

Well you know a hard truckin man needs a hard truckin truck... Word on the street is they're headed west. None so far are staying with us.

Well you know a hard truckin man needs a hard truckin truck... Word on the street is they're headed west. None so far are staying with us.
Caught a picture earlier with several new single cab screw's.Must be tagging them with Georgia plate's.Something about can't have but so many tag'd in each state or something like that.The one from last year had Maryland tag's on them .

OTE="Songremainsthesame, post: 916418, member: 30985"]Well you know a hard truckin man needs a hard truckin truck... Word on the street is they're headed west. None so far are staying with us.[/QUOTE]

Wednesday i got into a minivan and drove myself and three others to mobile to pick up new tractors from empire freightliner. When we get there from the hotel we see four brand new twin screw sleepers. I was glad of that cause we bobtailed all the way back to Memphis, 365 miles. I was told that even though they are striped up like yout normal OD tractor they are for the container division. I dont know about the other tractors, but the time on the blu in the one i drove was set to west coast time. So i figure song is right about them going west.