1. Try The Zello app for your phone and join the Truckingboards channel to talk live in real time .... It's Free get it for Apple or Android.. It's like a phone CB Radio... You can lurk or talk , your choiuce just don't mess with your phone while driving. Zello features: • Real-time streaming, high quality voice • Contacts availability and text status • Public and private channels for up to 2500 users • Option to map hardware PTT (Push To Talk) button • Bluetooth headset support (selected phones) * Android Wear support • Voice history • Call alert • Images • Push notifications • Works over WiFi, 2G, 3G, or 4G mobile data

2019! It's On!

Discussion in 'YRC Freight' started by Freightmaster1, May 11, 2017.

1. 511monkey

511monkey Member

First order of business is your own personal financial health. The stronger the members are individually, the stronger we will be as a group. Save, save, save and plan to live without your present wages.

2. TC1

TC1 Active Member

Yep, save as much as you can now. Missing a few checks (or more) will hurt. Arrange your finances for the worst case scenario.

I did this a few years ago during the last big COO. I sold my big house and paid cash for a smaller one. Paid my cars and credit cards off and simply refuse to go into debt for anything that's not needed to survive.

I lost faith in this company after the merger and figured I better prepare for the worst. After the last COO I finally took it to heart. I still have one last child in college so my savings aren't were I want them to be but i certainly have a strike and unemployment covered. If worst comes to worst I'll have a pot to piss in and a window to throw it out of.:coffee1:

ROLLBACK, jimmy g, ABFer and 5 others like this.
  3. BIG R GUY

BIG R GUY 10% CRST driver

Just make sure the window is open when you throw the pot out.....

4. mysticobra

mysticobra Just here.

Hahaha. Funny picture in the mind.

Canadian Flyer and aztec warrior like this.
  5. TC1

TC1 Active Member

Excellent advice :lmao:

aztec warrior likes this.
  6. Pitchfork_Smith

Pitchfork_Smith New Member

This is exactly the kind of message we should be unifying around right now.

7. littlekorvette

littlekorvette Active Member

Was talking to Estes driver, they make .64 a mile and im pretty sure OD does too

8. buffalobill

buffalobill Well-Known Member

Ward makes .662, 25.31 an hour.

9. Renegade_SL

Renegade_SL Member

I work at Holland. I really hope everyone is smart enough to vote no repeatedly, on any concessions! We already have a contract. It's called The Master Freight Contract. This joke of a MOU expires April 2019. If they don't suckered enough idiots to vote in more cuts, we automatically fall into the Master Freight Contract when the MOU expires. Vote NO! NO! NO!

TC1 likes this.
  10. Renegade_SL

Renegade_SL Member

They are going to offer 5-7% of out money back. Thinking everyone will think, "cool, a raise! Ok". Vote NO!! And we will get all of our money back on April 2019

11. Pitchfork_Smith

Pitchfork_Smith New Member

I would be shocked if that was offered at the outset, unless it was part of a trade-off for significantly increased health care contributions. I don't think there will be any initial offers for higher pay without strong messages that we were ready to fight and even strike. Meaning we would need a strong, visible campaign starting as early as the beginning of 2018. No such thing appears to be in the works yet, though maybe TDU will initiate something.

12. TC1

TC1 Active Member

I think you are right. Unfortunately we have buckled to every request they they have asked for until now. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they asked for even more. I'm sure the "take it or we'll close" threat will come up again in 2019. We're going to have to call them on it.

Pitchfork_Smith and Skypilot like this.
  13. ABFer

ABFer Super Moderator Staff Member

I have found that when they hook onto something that works in their favor they'll stick with it.

Pitchfork_Smith and TC1 like this.
  14. Skypilot

Skypilot Romper room monitor

Yeah brother, I'm with you,the membership needs to send a message, tell them go insult someone else, we know,better,folks need to get involved, they are not closing no doors,the bank has that say,and as long as they are getting paid,them doors will stay open,so they need to stick those threats up their ass,right now, let's put the hard decision in their lap,we need to stick together and come together instead of pointing fingers at each other,company loves it,we need to reach out to these new folks and take a minute to educate them on the importance of being informed and involved,I try to talk to as many new people as I can,as our futures depend upon it,shame on us if we can't find the time to reach out to these folks,let's get our money and our dignity back,time to restore the pride of being a teamster, we have the power if we act as one,we need to stand behind one another ,solidarity ,

maz123, roadboss, Low-Rider and 2 others like this.
  15. hotrodd

hotrodd Active Member

52% yes 48% no just like always so don't even worry about it people.

16. Bubba Gump

Bubba Gump Active Member

I'm with you BRO, it's all WIN, WIN. If you keep on voting contract down until YRC restores all give backs, only good things can happen. If YRC declares bankruptcy, retirees will become orphans and get full pensions. The banks will own YRC, debt free and with a clear title. Sans that withdraw penalty that hangs around all union companies neck like a mill stone. Skypilot if I was a betting man I'd say YRC real estate is worth a considerable amount of money. I think the banks would love a couple of NO votes to take to the bankruptcy judge, It seem to have worked at Hostess. Perhaps the hot heads should wait to see what happens at UPS in 2018 contract. I would bet despite record profits every year, the reality is Union companies are going to have to compete with non-union companies lower cost per hour ( massive legacy cost). So if UPS Teamsters don't get raises you might want to put off giving it to the MAN!!!!!

17. joes bar and grill

joes bar and grill Well-Known Member

What real estate? They sold it all off and leased it back.

buffalobill and vongrimmenstein like this.
  18. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

And what is left has a lien against it from Central States Pension Fund.

aztec warrior and buffalobill like this.
  19. BIG R GUY

BIG R GUY 10% CRST driver

You mean CSPF has a lien on my 2000 Volvo???

aztec warrior and seabreeze like this.
  20. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

And your bag...