Yellow | 2019! It's On!

Yep, save as much as you can now. Missing a few checks (or more) will hurt. Arrange your finances for the worst case scenario.

I did this a few years ago during the last big COO. I sold my big house and paid cash for a smaller one. Paid my cars and credit cards off and simply refuse to go into debt for anything that's not needed to survive.

I lost faith in this company after the merger and figured I better prepare for the worst. After the last COO I finally took it to heart. I still have one last child in college so my savings aren't were I want them to be but i certainly have a strike and unemployment covered. If worst comes to worst I'll have a pot to **** in and a window to throw it out of.:coffee1:

Yep, save as much as you can now. Missing a few checks (or more) will hurt. Arrange your finances for the worst case scenario.

I did this a few years ago during the last big COO. I sold my big house and paid cash for a smaller one. Paid my cars and credit cards off and simply refuse to go into debt for anything that's not needed to survive.

I lost faith in this company after the merger and figured I better prepare for the worst. After the last COO I finally took it to heart. I still have one last child in college so my savings aren't were I want them to be but i certainly have a strike and unemployment covered. If worst comes to worst I'll have a pot to **** in and a window to throw it out of.:coffee1:
Just make sure the window is open when you throw the pot out.....

You guys will not get everything, you need them to you a raise, improve the pension so people want to be teamsters again, vacation time over the next couple contracts, rebuild to get back all that you have lost. Just think if XPO and Fed Ex became teamsters to rebuild what use to be! Time for all truckers to wake up, all the truckers need better pay and benefits, it's a tough job on the road all the time all the sacrifice, and things in life that have to be given up, yep pay and benefits we make America move.

This is exactly the kind of message we should be unifying around right now.

I think we should at least demand 5% and/or a week's vacation. Or maybe some level of 401k matching for guys like me that will never see a dime from CSPF. Anything.

My thinking is that unless we demand some kind of gain, we will definitely fail to even do the minimum to hold the line. They will come after our healthcare, maybe using the Cadillac Tax to justify it if that's still in play.

For this to mean diddly :::shit:::, we need to be talking to each other about 2019 at our barns and planning a unified message and approach, starting yesterday. We need to be prepared to shut it all down.

Otherwise, we can have the greatest negotiators in the history of negotiating and it wouldn't matter. YRCW could just say "so what" and probably will.

If the international really cared to push for improvements in freight, they would already be talking to us about contract issues. They aren't. It starts with us and ends with us!
Was talking to Estes driver, they make .64 a mile and im pretty sure OD does too

I work at Holland. I really hope everyone is smart enough to vote no repeatedly, on any concessions! We already have a contract. It's called The Master Freight Contract. This joke of a MOU expires April 2019. If they don't suckered enough idiots to vote in more cuts, we automatically fall into the Master Freight Contract when the MOU expires. Vote NO! NO! NO!

Reactions: TC1
They are going to offer 5-7% of out money back. Thinking everyone will think, "cool, a raise! Ok". Vote NO!! And we will get all of our money back on April 2019

They are going to offer 5-7% of out money back. Thinking everyone will think, "cool, a raise! Ok". Vote NO!! And we will get all of our money back on April 2019

I would be shocked if that was offered at the outset, unless it was part of a trade-off for significantly increased health care contributions. I don't think there will be any initial offers for higher pay without strong messages that we were ready to fight and even strike. Meaning we would need a strong, visible campaign starting as early as the beginning of 2018. No such thing appears to be in the works yet, though maybe TDU will initiate something.

I think you are right. Unfortunately we have buckled to every request they they have asked for until now. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they asked for even more. I'm sure the "take it or we'll close" threat will come up again in 2019. We're going to have to call them on it.

I think you are right. Unfortunately we have buckled to every request they they have asked for until now. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they asked for even more. I'm sure the "take it or we'll close" threat will come up again in 2019. We're going to have to call them on it.
I have found that when they hook onto something that works in their favor they'll stick with it.

Yeah brother, I'm with you,the membership needs to send a message, tell them go insult someone else, we know,better,folks need to get involved, they are not closing no doors,the bank has that say,and as long as they are getting paid,them doors will stay open,so they need to stick those threats up their ass,right now, let's put the hard decision in their lap,we need to stick together and come together instead of pointing fingers at each other,company loves it,we need to reach out to these new folks and take a minute to educate them on the importance of being informed and involved,I try to talk to as many new people as I can,as our futures depend upon it,shame on us if we can't find the time to reach out to these folks,let's get our money and our dignity back,time to restore the pride of being a teamster, we have the power if we act as one,we need to stand behind one another ,solidarity ,

Yeah brother, I'm with you,the membership needs to send a message, tell them go insult someone else, we know,better,folks need to get involved, they are not closing no doors,the bank has that say,and as long as they are getting paid,them doors will stay open,so they need to stick those threats up their ass,right now, let's put the hard decision in their lap,we need to stick together and come together instead of pointing fingers at each other,company loves it,we need to reach out to these new folks and take a minute to educate them on the importance of being informed and involved,I try to talk to as many new people as I can,as our futures depend upon it,shame on us if we can't find the time to reach out to these folks,let's get our money and our dignity back,time to restore the pride of being a teamster, we have the power if we act as one,we need to stand behind one another ,solidarity ,
I'm with you BRO, it's all WIN, WIN. If you keep on voting contract down until YRC restores all give backs, only good things can happen. If YRC declares bankruptcy, retirees will become orphans and get full pensions. The banks will own YRC, debt free and with a clear title. Sans that withdraw penalty that hangs around all union companies neck like a mill stone. Skypilot if I was a betting man I'd say YRC real estate is worth a considerable amount of money. I think the banks would love a couple of NO votes to take to the bankruptcy judge, It seem to have worked at Hostess. Perhaps the hot heads should wait to see what happens at UPS in 2018 contract. I would bet despite record profits every year, the reality is Union companies are going to have to compete with non-union companies lower cost per hour ( massive legacy cost). So if UPS Teamsters don't get raises you might want to put off giving it to the MAN!!!!!