Yellow | 309 L/H drivers

Local 705 must be one tough local.

Over the years I have often thought that Mud. The BA we had at CF is now retired and he has told me a number of stories of Pat Flynn getting things done at JAC with a veiled 1/2 sentence comment and a tilt of the head toward the Chairman of the Employer Committee.

That toughness has a cost. The number of 705 shuttle drivers has been significantly reduced, due to poor performance. And that work now falls to 309 road and foreign road drivers.
Your response below demonstrates how utterly out of touch you are. Would you care to debate the FACTS of my statement??? No, because EVERY word of my post is FACT! And on topic.

Over the years I have often thought that Mud. The BA we had at CF is now retired and he has told me a number of stories of Pat Flynn getting things done at JAC with a veiled 1/2 sentence comment and a tilt of the head toward the Chairman of the Employer Committee.
705 as an independent local, never had cases decided at JAC. Neither did 710 dock. Until Hoffa abolished the "white paper" agreements, all their deadlocked cases went to arbitration.

I remember working rug loads on the dock at 309 on midnights and it was common practice for men to climb up in the nose for some shut eye.

705 as an independent local, never had cases decided at JAC. Neither did 710 dock. Until Hoffa abolished the "white paper" agreements, all their deadlocked cases went to arbitration.

I was not saying 705 had grievances heard at JAC. Pat was the Chairman of the JAC Union Committee. As such he would not have been presenting nor could any of 705 grievances be heard while he was the Chairman. As you further pointed out, 705 did not have JAC as part of their grievance machinery.

That 6 hours of work includes the 2 hour naps at Willow Springs. And that is drudgery, the least 309 could do is give them sleepers. I'm told the day cabs are very uncomfortable for sleeping. :stirthepot:
The least they could do is follow them and ::shit:: can them for stealing time

The least they could do is follow them and :::shit::: can them for stealing time
When Roadway was fully staffed they did follow them. But even then very seldom were there discharges. YRCF barely has enough supervisory staff to get drivers dispatched. Never mind checking to see if they're working. And let me make it crystal clear, it really is only a small fraction of 309 shuttle drivers that destroy the reputation of the rest.

When Roadway was fully staffed they did follow them. But even then very seldom were there discharges. YRCF barely has enough supervisory staff to get drivers dispatched. Never mind checking to see if they're working. And let me make it crystal clear, it really is only a small fraction of 309 shuttle drivers that destroy the reputation of the rest.

Back in the day Yellow set up surveillance at a fuel stop, (sapp bros) and sh#t canned a boat load of sleeper drivers for stealing time.

Funny, yrcw has the staff to follow p&d guys at my Holland terminal.

Years ago a Roadway efficiency expert spent the day riding with me. All day long he watched and advised me. On the way back to the Albuquerque yard, he wanted to stop at McDonalds. I really think it was a honest request. But no, I took him straight back to the yard.
roadway_ford_coe1.jpg

thats why the union has a bad name and companys go broke bad management and lazy employees

You are so far off the mark in your perception here its not funny . . .

To get the inside meaning you would had to be part of the 70's/80's/90's Old School Teamster culture. And I would explain it to you, but I am so done with the "I hate all unions" shtick.

So I just want to wish you well, part as friends, and go sit under a tree to watch some clouds drift by, while having an occasional sip of a cold beer.
:couch:

You are so far off the mark in your perception here its not funny . . .

To get the inside meaning you would had to be part of the 70's/80's/90's Old School Teamster culture. And I would explain it to you, but I am so done with the "I hate all unions" shtick.

So I just want to wish you well, part as friends, and go sit under a tree to watch some clouds drift by, while having an occasional sip of a cold beer.
:couch:
lol i see it every day, guys screwing off,over worked one hook and hour sad, and 2 trips to the rail in 8/10/12 hours.with those numbers they should be paying 10 .00 an hour and no benefits or retirement, .... like said prior posts, thats why they have gotten rid of most of the shuttle and the road guy s do it .....or 3 or 4 bills and hour. on the dock,..

funny thing is ,if you where paying an electrician 75.00 hour and he was wiring your house but was sitting on the deck, doing nothing most of his 8 hours ,did 4 hours a work sent you a bill for 8 hours then had to come back and finish the job for another 8 hours and only worked 4 hours again ..so an 8 hour job becomes a 16 hour bill you d be crying, yelling , and screaming no different....

you must be one of those lazy workers thats why your mad ? otherwise you'd have agreed....., lol that culture still exists ,,,,,maybe not as bad but still bad and even worse,,,,,,,,, because of giveback,,,,,,,,,, unless your a road driver ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, that worked great for the company cause guys who before giveback only ran 2500 -3000 are now running 3000 - 4000 if they can ,,,,,,to get back there 15%...., thats in part why all those union companies are gone

lol i see it every day, guys screwing off,over worked one hook and hour sad, and 2 trips to the rail in 8/10/12 hours.with those numbers they should be paying 10 .00 an hour and no benefits or retirement, .... like said prior posts, thats why they have gotten rid of most of the shuttle and the road guy s do it .....or 3 or 4 bills and hour. on the dock,..

funny thing is ,if you where paying an electrician 75.00 hour and he was wiring your house but was sitting on the deck, doing nothing most of his 8 hours ,did 4 hours a work sent you a bill for 8 hours then had to come back and finish the job for another 8 hours and only worked 4 hours again ..so an 8 hour job becomes a 16 hour bill you d be crying, yelling , and screaming no different....

you must be one of those lazy workers thats why your mad ? otherwise you'd have agreed....., lol that culture still exists ,,,,,maybe not as bad but still bad and even worse,,,,,,,,, because of giveback,,,,,,,,,, unless your a road driver ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, that worked great for the company cause guys who before giveback only ran 2500 -3000 are now running 3000 - 4000 if they can ,,,,,,to get back there 15%...., thats in part why all those union companies are gone

You butt in on a conversation that you were not invited to and couldn't possibly understand. Further I never meant to insult or offend you and certainly am not doubting or disparaging you as a person or your opinions of Unions.

But none the less, sorry if I posted anything to make you angry or cause you to be insulted. Chow.

You butt in on a conversation that you were not invited to and couldn't possibly understand. Further I never meant to insult or offend you and certainly am not doubting or disparaging you as a person or your opinions of Unions.

But none the less, sorry if I posted anything to make you angry or cause you to be insulted. Chow.
Snark, I think the average driver would agree that clock milking is an outdated concept. And it drives a lot of honest folks crazy that it still happens. Not as common as in the bad old days, but there are still people who milk the clock for all its worth and get away with it.

I wouldn't report a clock milker. But if I saw it enough times I might be motivated to say something to the driver in question, if only to find out why.