FedEx Freight | 346 positions affected. Post the details from your barn here.

Who ever jumps ship O.D is Kicking Butt and someother companies can't quite figure it out ! It's sad to see and horible to hear.

I love ya Roogie BUT can you at least see contradiction in the statement ? It's not a bad thing to love your company and to be hurt by what they are doing.
Maybe those tires would be checked if the company gave some kind of security to their drivers. Sure it's not their (company) job to do that. But good quality drivers are an investment and should be treated so.

I did let my feet show fedex what I thought and I never thought like many here that a job like this was out here.
Just sucks to see yet again what's going on. Prayers with everyone affected or effected .. whatever

Matt, I keep hearing the argument about showing respect and security to people as an incentive to do their job better. It's BS! The so called drivers who won't properly pre-trip and post-trip never did when the west was viking. Why would they change now? I used to stand around Fontana watching Viking Line drivers wait for the hostlers to bring their set up to the ready line, then they'd go hook to the set, roll up the gear and drive to the shop set check without ever walking farther back than the landing gear on the lead box. The mechanics would then find everything wrong with the set the driver never bothered to look for. Some folks just won't do a good job period.

ST

I totally agree,this company is no longer a driver friendly company. They always brag about being the most profitable with the best service. Yet we are some of the lowest paid in the industry and we are always looking over our backs wondering if we're going to have a job. This C.O.P. is nothing more than cover up for whats really happening and thats more P.T. and rail. There are centers where drivers can follow the freight but they are loosing runs in the lane where the freight is going to be running. They say they want to use company drivers but they are laying off over 300 while the PT keep rolling. Im not a union person but they have my vote just so I can say f@#$ you FEF! One more thing the raise will be a joke and you'll loose it when they raise healthcare premiums.
These little penny raises they've been giving has been a joke since all three companies merged together.........

These little penny raises they've been giving has been a joke since all three companies merged together.........

And once again the economy is to blame...how are the raises at YRC and ABF? Oh wait, ABF drivers are being told by the union to ratify the tentative agreement in place between corporations (Teamsters and ABF) without being told what's in the contract by either side. Hmmmm...sounds like what Nancy Pelosi said about "Obamacare" and we all know that's a train wreck.....

ST

Matt, I keep hearing the argument about showing respect and security to people as an incentive to do their job better. It's BS! The so called drivers who won't properly pre-trip and post-trip never did when the west was viking. Why would they change now? I used to stand around Fontana watching Viking Line drivers wait for the hostlers to bring their set up to the ready line, then they'd go hook to the set, roll up the gear and drive to the shop set check without ever walking farther back than the landing gear on the lead box. The mechanics would then find everything wrong with the set the driver never bothered to look for. Some folks just won't do a good job period.

ST

Your right some people don't give a crap. But does it get worse and do people even more stop caring if they are never sure about retiring from the company ?

And once again the economy is to blame...how are the raises at YRC and ABF? Oh wait, ABF drivers are being told by the union to ratify the tentative agreement in place between corporations (Teamsters and ABF) without being told what's in the contract by either side. Hmmmm...sounds like what Nancy Pelosi said about "Obamacare" and we all know that's a train wreck.....

ST

I'm not sure if fire in the wire is a union drum beater or not ?
But what about OD , Dayton freight ? They have got raises. I believe Dayton is a dollar more in city and a penny more on the road. Some cities my be different ?

I love ya Roogie BUT can you at least see contradiction in the statement ? It's not a bad thing to love your company and to be hurt by what they are doing.
Maybe those tires would be checked if the company gave some kind of security to their drivers. Sure it's not their (company) job to do that. But good quality drivers are an investment and should be treated so.

I did let my feet show fedex what I thought and I never thought like many here that a job like this was out here.
Just sucks to see yet again what's going on. Prayers with everyone affected or effected .. whatever
Let's clear the air here. I'm not a union drum beater and the original post that "Roogie" posted that I cannot agree on fully....."OUR DO SOMETHING IS DONE BY VOTING WITH OUR FEET.....WE USE THEM TO GO SOMEWHERE ELSE". Yeah we can go somewhere else....but that's the problem...we're not putting up a fight. Like I said b4 the morale & principle is terrible around here these days. U can't get a damn word out of nobody on Ch.4 these days or on 19. We've got ppl that work the patio at hubs that don't talk to each other and better yet they run down the same lane to & from. There's nothing but frowned up faces at this joint. Hell then when u do get suspended for something the group of drivers that are below u on the board be rooting for your a$$ to get fired so they can bump up one on the board......and these are the same ones that act like they're cool with when around. And just like that post that was started today "IS IT TIME NOW?"....yeah it's time of course. But we don't need no representation from no crooked organization to do so. Membership is declining over there but top heads & stewards are still getting raises...That doesn't add up to me. I understand where the fella is coming from that started that post. It sounds like he/she just wants that organization for representation over here for a better bargaining agreement at the table on these "life threatening" C.O.O's every year among which the P.T's & Rail are gaining. Just like u said Matt "BUT GOOD QUALITY DRIVERS ARE AN INVESTMENT AND SHOULD BE TREATED SO"....you're damn skippy! When they eliminated FT dock with benefits and replaced them with PT dock with no benefits that's when it went to hell. Who were we hiring?.....kids who didn't give a hell about how to load trailers according to weight with damaged freight. They were just here to collect a check. They didn't have nothing to lose being fired. But we see it bit the company in the a$$ and they had to re-up and give them something to think about b4 now b4 they screw up now(benefits pkg). Our wages are competitive but with the $$$ that this company makes.....even with a heavy loss in whatever quarter...our wages should be way better....not only for drivers but everybody! Shop techs, road drivers, city drivers, dock hands....etc...etc

i heard that cmh lost zero runs but they are allowing 5 from corbin ky and 2 from terra haute to transfer. as far as im concerned, id stay away from cmh.....

I'm not sure if fire in the wire is a union drum beater or not ?
But what about OD , Dayton freight ? They have got raises. I believe Dayton is a dollar more in city and a penny more on the road. Some cities my be different ?

And they get .60 raises ,much more than we get.

IND losing a total of 14 runs. A reduction of 21 drivers. They are altering the CGT-IND- ATL and CGT-IND-CLT lanes all going to the rail out of CGT.

It is what it is. There is nothing we can do about it its all part of the business. The Union can't do a dang thing for you. And if you stupid enough to believe that just look around the union guys. most all I see dress like bums the equipment looks like crap. And last time I checked FEDEX is publicly traded company. Don't think Fred has a lot to say about most thinks these days. But you know I hope he is filthy rich. HE EARNED IT. He made good decisions and made the FEDEX empire. He stared out with pretty much nothing. And made it work. You guys make me sick when you whine about somebody getting rich off your backs. Stop whining and Start your own company and see what it's like. My brother owns a small company and he has done very well for himself. But he eat sleeps his company to make it work. It's not a 9 to 5 gig when your the owner. Is FXF perfect NO its not. But It could be a H E L L of a lot worse. Put your big girl panties on a suck it up butter cup Life is a beotch.

I don't about you guys but don't it seem that we have gone in a complete circle from now to back before the merger with national. If the company goal was to put all this freight on the rail why didn't they do it back then?

I don't about you guys but don't it seem that we have gone in a complete circle from now to back before the merger with national. If the company goal was to put all this freight on the rail why didn't they do it back then?

Small pieces. Little at a time