XPO | 3rd quarter results 2011

It really is "our" business if they earned a huge bonus. They made that money off of our backs. Not giving us a raise yet they ask the shareholders to vote yes for them to receive a 350 to 450% bonus, which amounts to almost $2 million alone for the president.

Not giving us a raise when the company lost money was IMO the right course of action. We got our 5% cut back, we're making more money on less volume, so your poor back doesn't have to work as hard, and we're getting a better bonus than last year. It is what it is, I choose to see the good things that have come our way of late and you choose to see the bad, oh well, I'm not going to let your bad attitude become my problem.

$8000 for fos's,about $600 for dsr's who do ALL the work,yup fos's are 13 times more important than driver's who risk their lives on the roads,BULL....!!!!

That's right, FOS's do nothing for the 10 hours a day they are at work. Even if their bonus was going to be 8k, we would still make more than they do. You get your pay for every hour you give this company, regardless if you make the company tons of money every day accident free or if you bust up freight and roll a set. If that FOS fails to deliver on whatever minimum standards the company sets for him, he doesn't get the extra money at the end of the year, how would you like to budget your household finances like that? These FOS's haven't had a bonus in three years, by your numbers that means each one of them has lost $24,000. The company through no fault of the FOS's didn't make enough money for them to get a bonus and now, finally after they waited as long as they have all you can do is begrudge them? I think you're a selfish___________

That's right, FOS's do nothing for the 10 hours a day they are at work. Even if their bonus was going to be 8k, we would still make more than they do. You get your pay for every hour you give this company, regardless if you make the company tons of money every day accident free or if you bust up freight and roll a set. If that FOS fails to deliver on whatever minimum standards the company sets for him, he doesn't get the extra money at the end of the year, how would you like to budget your household finances like that? These FOS's haven't had a bonus in three years, by your numbers that means each one of them has lost $24,000. The company through no fault of the FOS's didn't make enough money for them to get a bonus and now, finally after they waited as long as they have all you can do is begrudge them? I think you're a selfish___________
We dont care what you think

I was under that same impression. They did away completely with the match. What we have now is all we are going to get.

This is not true. The company paused the 401k match back in 2009 when we got our paycuts,vacation heist, etc etc. It is susposed to be played again when we meet certain operational goals and I have not heard anything to the contrary in that regard.

that DOESN'T APPLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1that was for the recent giveback on oct 1st,there is not and never was a plan to give back the MATCH!!!!!!!!!ask your scm he'll tell you,THE 6% MATCH WILL NEVER COME BACK

I will ask my SCM on Monday just to make sure nothing has changed.

401 gone forever keep your head up there are big bonuses on the line for the uppers.They took, it we let them now live with it.no guts no glory so live with no glory nowhereinparticular tried to tell you that. live with it now.

Not giving us a raise when the company lost money was IMO the right course of action. We got our 5% cut back, we're making more money on less volume, so your poor back doesn't have to work as hard, and we're getting a better bonus than last year. It is what it is, I choose to see the good things that have come our way of late and you choose to see the bad, oh well, I'm not going to let your bad attitude become my problem.

Well you can see the good, that's fine but you think it's ok for the CEO on down to get huge bonuses but not give back what they took from us? I agree doing what they needed during a down time was fine but if they want money then they should give back to those who have worked just as hard for them and have for years, in my case 16 years. They are stealing my retirement.

401 gone forever keep your head up there are big bonuses on the line for the uppers.They took, it we let them now live with it.no guts no glory so live with no glory nowhereinparticular tried to tell you that. live with it now.

He insists he has not given up. And many of the pro union guys claim there is still a " big " following out there. Can't blame him for trying. But you knew it was impossible or close to get this done. Even if it does work out, it will take time. Things are changing to fast now. Politically and economically. They are moving to slowly. This effort has no chance.

Everyone complains about the match being gone but we still get 3% of our pay added to our 401k whether we contribute or not. Does any other carrier give more than 3%? The Industry average is 1.5%-2%. So I'd say our 3%-8% depending on years of service and transition is pretty darn good. I'd rather get 3% no matter what that match up to 1/2 of 6%.

Everyone complains about the match being gone but we still get 3% of our pay added to our 401k whether we contribute or not. Does any other carrier give more than 3%? The Industry average is 1.5%-2%. So I'd say our 3%-8% depending on years of service and transition is pretty darn good. I'd rather get 3% no matter what that match up to 1/2 of 6%.
Dont you think they complain because the pension was eliminated and the 401k was the "cats meow" in their opinion. I remember seeing my estimate at 2 million or so. what a joke.

I'd rather get 3% no matter what that match up to 1/2 of 6%.

I would rather get the 3% no matter what AND the 1/2 of 6% which equals another 3%. Thats 6% plus the 6% I put in which equals 12% percent a week. If I make $1200 a week, that 3% of 401k match, which we have not received for going on 4 years, equals $36 a week, $1872 a year, and assuming I put another 30 years with this outfit, $56,160 total. $56,160 is HUGE!!!!!! That almost a whole years pay LOST. Think about that.

That total amount LOST since the company stopped matching our contributions "assuming you make $1200 a week" is $5616. Is your glass HALF FULL or is it HALF EMPTY. Personnally, my glass is EMPTY.

I would rather get the 3% no matter what AND the 1/2 of 6% which equals another 3%. Thats 6% plus the 6% I put in which equals 12% percent a week. If I make $1200 a week, that 3% of 401k match, which we have not received for going on 4 years, equals $36 a week, $1872 a year, and assuming I put another 30 years with this outfit, $56,160 total. $56,160 is HUGE!!!!!! That almost a whole years pay LOST. Think about that.

That total amount LOST since the company stopped matching our contributions "assuming you make $1200 a week" is $5616. Is your glass HALF FULL or is it HALF EMPTY. Personnally, my glass is EMPTY.

Thats the difference between you and me. My glass is half full. I challenge anyone to find another LTL company who gives more to the 401k.

Thats the difference between you and me. My glass is half full. I challenge anyone to find another LTL company who gives more to the 401k.
And that s without us giving anything. Conway has good programs, they just don't know how to sell them. To look good. Hell, we still have people thinking they're getting the actual match. But radman is right, mathematicaly we did get a lot more when they had the actual match also. If you had good time in, heck you were making 11 percent. Some people were on their way to million or more at retirement..then economy and Conway knocked that out of the future.. i don't put anything in there, i just get the free money

You must be one of those SUPER positive types. I generally speaking trend towards the positive, I try and keep an open mind and stay grateful for what I have. $5616 is ALOT of money though which redirects my positive attitude.

You must be one of those SUPER positive types. I generally speaking trend towards the positive, I try and keep an open mind and stay grateful for what I have. $5616 is ALOT of money though which redirects my positive attitude.

Sure is alot of money. We still get more than most get. I'd rather get the 3% for free and work everyday than stand in the unemployment line like alot of people have had to do the last few years.

and we won't let your moronic self-depricating views make us into little girls

first of all you're obviously an fos.second our fos's don't work 10 hrs a day anymore,maybe 8,for the same pay,3rd of all icp changed last year not 3 years ago,4th of all the ONLY year fos's didn't get a bonus was last year,5th of all i'll give you my $300 from last year and my $600 from this year and you can give me your $8000,post facts unless you want to be a PROVEN LIAR like beerfd and merdock

first of all you're obviously an fos.second our fos's don't work 10 hrs a day anymore,maybe 8,for the same pay,3rd of all icp changed last year not 3 years ago,4th of all the ONLY year fos's didn't get a bonus was last year,5th of all i'll give you my $300 from last year and my $600 from this year and you can give me your $8000,post facts unless you want to be a PROVEN LIAR like beerfd and merdock

Fact is I haven't seen a bonus since 2008. So you need to get your facts together. I'll also bet my paycheck no FOS sees near 8k in a bonus. Also hours are different for every FOS. Where I'm at we have quite a few and 2 work 10 every day and the rest work 8-10 every day.

Fact is I haven't seen a bonus since 2008. So you need to get your facts together. I'll also bet my paycheck no FOS sees near 8k in a bonus. Also hours are different for every FOS. Where I'm at we have quite a few and 2 work 10 every day and the rest work 8-10 every day.

You can't compete with that mythical calculator that Slimestones uses..He should go back and sue his highschool math teacher for fraud..