XPO | 4 Quarter and 2017 Results

I believe there will be a nice hourly raise and possibly a one time bonus soon. There will further reduction in health coverage in the fall with a moderate premium increase and more benefits changes to bring us inline with other units. There will be those here that will sing the praises of Xpo for being sooo generous and life will go on.

The raise will be a going away present to stabilize the work force during the sale of the company. Whoever buys us can then sell off the LTL or cut compensation if they want. We talk about it all the time. One day we are gonna come to work and there will be somebody at the gate with a desk and a bunch of applications.

We're suppose to have a visit from our ltl pres Tony Brooks tomorrow.I want to ask him if we're gonna be treated like Fed ex guys w/ all their raises, bonuses, and 1.5 b added to their pension fund. But no, we'll be out on the street by the time he arrives. Do they plan it that way to have all the big shots come after all the drivers are gone???

Stop being so narrow minded. If I was gonna ask him anything it would be, when do you believe they will finalize the sale ?

With Tony Brooks , he will talk loud and strong and right over the top of you. I heard good things about him before meeting him in real life.

Ask whatever you want - he'll just powerfully talk over you and sound REAL sure of himself. Go ahead , try and have a productive dialogue about a touchy subject. Strong , powerful , assertive sounding smoke blowing up your backside.

Most of these management types are like politicians when meeting with everyday workers. They sidestep real questions , ignore serious issues , and redirect the conversation to anything but what you want to talk about.

Don't rock the boat or they will throw you overboard.

Why would you ever expect a straight answer from a member of management ? Whatever you ask that guy, he won’t know anything about it. He could care less what it takes to do the job. All we knows is what it costs and how long you are taking to do it and that he wants to reduce both of those as far as possible.

We're suppose to have a visit from our ltl pres Tony Brooks tomorrow.I want to ask him if we're gonna be treated like Fed ex guys w/ all their raises, bonuses, and 1.5 b added to their pension fund. But no, we'll be out on the street by the time he arrives. Do they plan it that way to have all the big shots come after all the drivers are gone???
I found out Brooks was at my place yesterday. When I saw all the reigons SCM’s I figured they were having a pow wow with the new RM. Glad he wanted to have a little round table or town hall type thing with ALL classes of employees. Nothing new.

I'm in the Boston region. I'm actively working on an escape plan to an entirely different industry. Current efforts will either pay off in a month or two or not, then plan B. If I leave it won't be to another LTL company, this sector is insanity now.

I'm in the Boston region. I'm actively working on an escape plan to an entirely different industry. Current efforts will either pay off in a month or two or not, then plan B. If I leave it won't be to another LTL company, this sector is insanity now.
The race to the bottom is having it effect on the attractiveness of this industry. CCX use to hold the industry standard now with Xpo we’re heading to the opposite. It’s difficult for the people in flyover terminals to understand because their living cost are lower.