XPO | 5% give back, lose 401K match....

I agree wih you on not doing a slowdown. With me it has more to do with my work ethic than anything else. If it gets to the point that I can no longer give my all, I'll leave. That's just me.

I see two different schools in these posts.

The old school, those of us that were raised with a different work ethic believe that we owe our employer a days work for a days pay. We have lived through hard times before and will make it through these time. While none of like having our wages reduced we are thankful we are still working. Look at the energy industry, they have cut back (laid off) 70% to 75% of their employees over the past couple of months.

The new school believes they are entitled to a job. Most of us that have lived through these times before know that no one is "entitled" to anything. If we don't work we don't get paid and this is not the time to be out looking for a job.

Almost all trucking companies have quit their training programs and are requiring 6 months or more OTR experience to even apply for a job. Then there are hundreds of applications for each open position. Starting pay has dropped as low as .27/mile or $9.00 per hour. Actual milleage run per week is way down for most drivers.

To say "Be glad you have a job" is a major understatement. Conway may have greed in mind but so do we. The difference is that greed on the part of Conway will help us keep our jobs. Greed on our part, in these economic times, will end up putting us in line at the unemployment office.

We don't see what goes on behind management's closed doors but it is our fault if we don't ask for a better explaination of what is going on. We are in a position to make or break this company. We still have one of the best packages around. As for myself, I do not want to shoot myself in the foot and have to go to work for Eng____, S____ or one of the other outfits out there where I don't know if I will have a load tomorrow or not.

Well guys welcome to the club. It stinks to have this happen now, hopefully we are all at the bottom and it only gets better. At least we still have our health(LOL).

There again it's just me and the way I work. It's hard at times to keep going, but as youve said what choice do we have. I can rant on here to relieve some tension, instead of other options.

It's all corporate GREED

Stated simplistically in times like these one HAS to cut expenses or you just don't get by.
An idea that has proven well for me is installing a simple self-made hydrogen generator kit. This was advertised in "The Trucker" some 4-5 months ago. I knocked over 20% off my diesel costs. Follow this link www.hhowater4gas.com
You will need a bit of backyard mechanical experience but not a whole lot.

That's a real good point. Ease off on the peddle no need to gun it.
Any company could inspire it's drivers to play a game of whoever drops the
fuel consumption by a certain target percent per miles driven would get a good bonus.
May as well give the drivers a hand rather then pay the oil companies. It would be easy to do and would improve driver/owner relations. That in itself would make life worth living.

I guess he can afford a pay cut making 4.25 million a year but what about the other end of the totem pole? No one can afford it in this day and age!!!!!!!!!! Give me 1/4 of his yearly salary and i could survive very comfortably the next 10 years. This will not be the end of taking things away from the driver who gives up there valuable home time to make him rich!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

good thing they still have their play toys le;racetruck tdc's. managment never asked any of us to go to a nascar truck race with them their not hurtin.we ave to pay for their fun some how . did i hear someone say union ? they just got rid of any barganing power we had.

We still have one of the best packages around. As for myself, I do not want to shoot myself in the foot and have to go to work for Eng____, S____ or one of the other outfits out there where I don't know if I will have a load tomorrow or not.

you already are working for CR England or swift, just don't know it YET, you will if yellow goes under.

NOT TO BAD ......... for who ?

Not too bad, Im just glad I have a job. This countries going through tough times right now. And if this helps Con-way stay on top of their competitors, Im all for it. Im staying positive because being negative over this isnt going to help anyone. Lets all ban together and help Conway be all it can be. Were all in this together, lets go! Lets make Conway proud of us!

certainly not t v miller or just got to labrie I LOST A YEAR'S VACTION PAY THAT.S FIVE WKS. MY 401K MATCH . BECAUSE THE POWERS THAT BE HAD TO BUY A TRUCK LOAD CARRIER, BECAUSE THEY WEREN`T SMART ENOUGH TO RUN THE T/L CONWAY! NOW WE AREN`T GOING HIT THEIR PROFIT GOLDS SO WE FOOT THE BILL! HOW MUCH DID THEY TAKE IN PAY CUT ? WELL THEY CAN`T OR WOULDN`T SAY BUT WE`RE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.:flame::::ranting2::mfight::mfight:

Not bad ......for who

CERTAINLY NOT T V MILLER OR JUST HAVE TO LABRIE. WE HAVE HAD TO FOOT THE BILL FOR THIS COMPANY FOR THE LAST FIFTEEN YRS.I MYSELF LOST A YR`S VACATION THAT IS FIVE WKS PLUS THE MATCHING 401K ! EVERTIME THEY MAKE A MISTAKE LIKE BUYING A T/L CARRIER BECAUSE THEY WERENT SMART ENOUGH TO RUN CONWAY T/L. IKNOW TIMES ARE HARD ,BUT WHY SHOULD WE HAVE TO BE THE BANK? THEY SAY THE POWERS THAT BE TOOK A CUT TO BUTT WE`RE NOT SURE HOW MUCH OR WE CAN`T SAY. WE DIDN`T HIT THE PROJECTED GOLD TO BAD WE ARE ALL SHARE HOLDERS TOOOOOOOO! BUTT AGAIN WE TAKE THE HIT. IHAVE BEEN WITH THIS COMPANY SINCE 1984 AND ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!:flame::mfight::USA:

CERTAINLY NOT T V MILLER OR JUST HAVE TO LABRIE. WE HAVE HAD TO FOOT THE BILL FOR THIS COMPANY FOR THE LAST FIFTEEN YRS.I MYSELF LOST A YR`S VACATION THAT IS FIVE WKS PLUS THE MATCHING 401K ! EVERTIME THEY MAKE A MISTAKE LIKE BUYING A T/L CARRIER BECAUSE THEY WERENT SMART ENOUGH TO RUN CONWAY T/L. IKNOW TIMES ARE HARD ,BUT WHY SHOULD WE HAVE TO BE THE BANK? THEY SAY THE POWERS THAT BE TOOK A CUT TO BUTT WE`RE NOT SURE HOW MUCH OR WE CAN`T SAY. WE DIDN`T HIT THE PROJECTED GOLD TO BAD WE ARE ALL SHARE HOLDERS TOOOOOOOO! BUTT AGAIN WE TAKE THE HIT. IHAVE BEEN WITH THIS COMPANY SINCE 1984 AND ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!:flame::mfight::USA:

It's no different at my company (YRC). Yellow bought Roadway, USF, and Shanghai Jaiyu (in China). The money spent on the last 2 purchases, is equivalent to their debt load. Without those purchases, Roadway & Yellow would probably be doing just fine, regardless of the economy....especially Roadway. It's a shame to see what the corporate greed does to all these fine companies. The end result is we the workers, have to be the ones that bail out these companies for executive and management mistakes.

What?

I forgot about them giving us the 401k to make up for the pension. That does **** me off too. I am trying to stay possitive but that pisses me off!

You forgot about the 401k to make up for them taking our pension? How do you forget about something like that. Your kidding, right?

It's no different at my company (YRC). Yellow bought Roadway, USF, and Shanghai Jaiyu (in China). The money spent on the last 2 purchases, is equivalent to their debt load. Without those purchases, Roadway & Yellow would probably be doing just fine, regardless of the economy....especially Roadway. It's a shame to see what the corporate greed does to all these fine companies. The end result is we the workers, have to be the ones that bail out these companies for executive and management mistakes.

:hide: And don't forget who will end up paying for the hundreds of billion $ Federal bailout, stimulus package, brought on by GREED! Us! :smilie_132: