XPO | 5% give back, lose 401K match....

I hope you scaps get just what you got coming to you for what conway done to CF
:hide: What ever a scap is, I'm sure it is a complimentery word. I do recall CF being spun off from the parent Corporation, debt free! Perhaps you are really angry with CF's management.:smilie_132:

Not surprising that this happened since CF is no longer around to be ciphenened to keep Conway afloat. They will have to hold their own now and nobody to suck dry!!!

:hide: I have given more than my share of thought to the whole wage reduction thing. Hell yes, I will survive with a 5% reduction, and the transition contributation being cut. No, I don't like it, I'm not sure if it will keep us afloat, but times ARE tough! Sure, Doug S will still make around $4 million this year. Would any one of you want to be in his shoes? Not me!!!
I am looking forward to turning my retirement papers in, and addressing life as it comes.
Watch for E-Bays stock to rise, and Yes I am betting on YRC to rise again!:smilie_132:

You are correct on this,but with all the crap out there where is the positive? I have been in this game for 15 years and have never seen a giveback work,so this where I am coming from:smilie_132:

:hide: That is what scares me: I, also have never seen a give back work, with one exception, Schants Cartidge, in Akron Ohio. These men worked with a giveback for lots of years, and never complained because they were earrning their T******** Pension..:smilie_132:

Wake up

I did not come here to start a fight. I have to say something. When did we become sheep in the Country? I cannot accept that we have become a Country of tree hugging, free loving, tolerant of the intolerant, Countrymen. I cannot believe that anyone is saying, "at least we have a job" or "it could be worse". What good is a job if you have to work so much that you can be likened to endured servants. This Country was not founded and it has not prospered by using these liberal concepts. Everything that you or your Country has is because, if not yourself, someone has fought for those rights and prosperity. We cannot "Hope and Change" our way back to prosperity. We surely will not regain our World status or return to prosperity by redistributing the wealth in this Country from the Middle Class to the Very Wealthy (and I don't mean the $250k people) and the very poor. It is time for all of us to get involved and tell your elected representative that enough is enough. Do not vote for any politician that is up for reelection. Both political parties have got us in this mess. It is time to fight for yourself, your family, and you Country before it is too late! Too many companies like our Federal Government and taking advantage of your fears. Most Companies are asking for wage concessions and the Government is using your tax dollars to fund their liberal agenda and call it stimulus. WAKE UP AMERICA!!

:smilie_132:Now I get it. Con-way is actively recruiting new drivers. Perhaps they expect some folks to revolt? These damn trucking companies' executives don't get it. Without the hard work of trucking professionals, they don't have a company.:Flame-On:
This is funny. Monday morning we had a new guy(office or something) and he was doing his orientation. Marty told the trainer guy not to let the new guy into the meeting to see the video..lol I gues if he don't know what he had he'll be happy..:bowdown:

I'm sorry I can't think of any kind of pressure or stress that is so great that I wouldn't take that job for 4 million a year plus bonuses in a New York minute. You can't tell me that you wouldn't give it a shot. Almost anybody I know could live a lifetime on that much money and he makes that a year "plus Bonuses". I'm sorry if this upsets you but I've got to say it, "give me a break"!!!

Question?

Since they are stopping the match to 401K and the transition match also, is there any way of finding out how much you (general you) have in your "pension account"

Hey srap.... GREAT ANSWER, I,m wondering why the fed ex ceo the hp ceo and others that come to mind why they took a 20%pay cut and ourf ceo only tok a 5% I think he could have absorb it more than us and your right we 20 plus vets have busted our balls to make this co. for some one to take the rug out under our feet.... for the drivers who were 4 yrs to retirement we got the shaft.... now with them taking the matching funs away except 3% I'm a stock holder to.... I was a co. man but now ?????????????? I wonder if the board and the ceo have turned down their lucrative retirements or are they giving any of their stock back from year end bonus..... really really really REALLY mad....

Hey srap.... GREAT ANSWER, I,m wondering why the fed ex ceo the hp ceo and others that come to mind why they took a 20%pay cut and ourf ceo only tok a 5% I think he could have absorb it more than us and your right we 20 plus vets have busted our balls to make this co. for some one to take the rug out under our feet.... for the drivers who were 4 yrs to retirement we got the shaft.... now with them taking the matching funs away except 3% I'm a stock holder to.... I was a co. man but now ?????????????? I wonder if the board and the ceo have turned down their lucrative retirements or are they giving any of their stock back from year end bonus..... really really really REALLY mad....

It's public record, all over the business news today, please take a look...they took more than 5%, they just didn't trumpet it on the video to make themselves appear to be martyrs, like the great sacrifical lamb, Fred Smith, with his 69 million in stock options...the 200K cut he took didn't cover his yearly bartab..

sorry folks Im mad but I.m not going to quit.....I've been here to long.... love the work,but I would divorce the co. if the economy was a little better and I was 15 yrs younger....as of today the pto and vacation days are the same only accrue in the same year as you use them what you accrued last yr. they can't take away....next year they can.....see the light at the end of corp. tunnel.......

Confused.....

Yeah, the worst part about this is not the 5% paycut, but the 401K transition and match. You are correct it is bad..

This is a direct quote from one of the financial articles....

"Suspension of certain 401(k) contributions including the company match."

Does anyone know what the words "suspension of certain" means in this statement?

Why not just say "suspension of company match on 401(k) contributions."?

This is a direct quote from one of the financial articles....

"Suspension of certain 401(k) contributions including the company match."

Does anyone know what the words "suspension of certain" means in this statement?

Why not just say "suspension of company match on 401(k) contributions."?
They're still giving the basic 3% every quarter. Even if you don't contribute anything.

your shoes, my shoes

:hide:
What in the HELL are you doing on here, telling us to quit *****in', when you work for some other scumbag company?
Walk in my shoes before you tell me what to think!:smilie_132:

I don't know how old your shoes are sir, but my conway shoes wore out after 4yrs. About a year ago as a matter of fact. With that said, it would seem to me that OUR shoes were in the same place once upon a time. I feel I can voice my opinion about the company considering I am still a shareholder, and I still have family and friends that work there. As for my "scumbag" outfit goes, I am truly happy on the career move I made. Heck, our trucks even have radios and a/c....You may be happier if you make a change too. As for my remarks on the pension. I apologise and retract my statement. I know employees who have been there almost since day one. I know the devestation and despair it caused to them and their families. Nobody deserves that. So, yes. It is a big deal and I am sorry. Its hard to deal with things that get taken away when you have had it for so long. I was only making a comparison so some would realize that others haven't gotten the opportunity that we have had at conway. Once again I am sorry for what I said. I am also sorry for calling out bankrupt.

SORRY TO SAY!!! Start looking for your new jobs now Drivers. This is just the tip of the iceberg. It's a big snowball now. Do you know why they are using the older equipment instead of the new? The new equipment will be easier to auction off. They are paying so much for those closed property's, they can not sell them off right now, the taxes are killing them. What did they save by closing them?????