XPO | 5% give back, lose 401K match....

SORRY TO SAY!!! Start looking for your new jobs now Drivers. This is just the tip of the iceberg. It's a big snowball now. Do you know why they are using the older equipment instead of the new? The new equipment will be easier to auction off. They are paying so much for those closed property's, they can not sell them off right now, the taxes are killing them. What did they save by closing them?????
I glad you cleared that up for everybody. I guess I'll start looking today.

well for some it was a 5% cut, for others it was a 13% cut(this includes the extra 401 instead of the penion) it is not fair to the top drivers, and upper management admits it too, so like i stated before, i only wish it was 5%; 13% for the top drivers on the road is better then 10k per yesr. but i understand it, lets just keep on trucking and deal with it, some of us drivers went through this right after deregulation, so history does repeat itself

Thats a great attitude, but Conway looks out for Conway and if they need to make more cuts no one is protected, whose best interest did they have in mind when they laid off employees? Did they care that they'd have no insurance or that they couldn't pay their bills or that they might lose their home? No, they cared about Conway, we all are dispensable and I can almost promise that if Conway needs to make more cuts they will and they wont have your best interest at heart.

SORRY TO SAY!!! Start looking for your new jobs now Drivers. This is just the tip of the iceberg. It's a big snowball now. Do you know why they are using the older equipment instead of the new? The new equipment will be easier to auction off. They are paying so much for those closed property's, they can not sell them off right now, the taxes are killing them. What did they save by closing them?????

I hate to inform you this but you are uninformed about the so called properties. They were all lease terminals owned by NATMI and local real estate holding companies except for the alliance texas terminal.

I don't know how old your shoes are sir, but my conway shoes wore out after 4yrs. About a year ago as a matter of fact. With that said, it would seem to me that OUR shoes were in the same place once upon a time. I feel I can voice my opinion about the company considering I am still a shareholder, and I still have family and friends that work there. As for my "scumbag" outfit goes, I am truly happy on the career move I made. Heck, our trucks even have radios and a/c....You may be happier if you make a change too. As for my remarks on the pension. I apologise and retract my statement. I know employees who have been there almost since day one. I know the devestation and despair it caused to them and their families. Nobody deserves that. So, yes. It is a big deal and I am sorry. Its hard to deal with things that get taken away when you have had it for so long. I was only making a comparison so some would realize that others haven't gotten the opportunity that we have had at conway. Once again I am sorry for what I said. I am also sorry for calling out bankrupt.

WHAT!!!

You called me out?

Well then we need to meet at one of those fine dancing establishments.

Bring dollar bills and bail money.

Not true

I hate to inform you this but you are uninformed about the so called properties. They were all lease terminals owned by NATMI and local real estate holding companies except for the alliance texas terminal.

All the terminals closed were not all leased. My barn that was closed was owned by Conway and is now up for sale.

All the terminals closed were not all leased. My barn that was closed was owned by Conway and is now up for sale.

I was able to look at the navigator when they made they announcements on who was being closed. There is a spot where you can see if each terminal is owned or leased. The only one was allaince texas.

So what's the Plan?

I have read many of the posts on this thread and after apologizing in advance for butting-in, I think that everyone needs to step back a moment and ask themselves "Are we going to accept the complete lack of consideration for the workers feelings and considerations exhibited by the Management as the way it is, or are we going to take steps to correct an alarming trend that has developed?".
You folks, like everyone else in the LTL Industry, are feeling the effects of our poor Economy. There really is nothing that anybody can do right now, except to hunker-down and ride it out. The thing is to remember what you had and lost and to resolve to get the Management to give it back when times are better.
When that "proper" time has arrived, you folks have to be ready to really "speak" to your Employer. You need a Union to do that. Not one that will tell the Company how to run their business, just one that protects your rights. You had something really special until management 'ran amuck' with a total free hand?
Of course, the Conway business model was born out of a complex plan to convert unionized CF's business into a non-unionized hybrid that promised to generate a lower operating ratio at higher profit. In the beginning, it worked. Now it seems that the management has taken greed to a new level and destroyed a great thing.
You need an advocate. You need a Union! Think about it and understand that non-contractual promises are made to be broken. If it's not in-writing, you have no recourse.
Again, I apologize for butting-in and I wish all the professional Conway Drivers the best of luck. I hope this recession we're in goes away quickly. :USA::smilie_132:

evrybody better open your eyes this is just the start of pay reductions they will take another 5 % aleast buy the end of next quarter watch, this is just a easy way to get the employees to except the cuts it is not over yet

Once you become used to it, it becomes easier to accept.

They have already learned that take backs are child's play.

I have read many of the posts on this thread and after apologizing in advance for butting-in, I think that everyone needs to step back a moment and ask themselves "Are we going to accept the complete lack of consideration for the workers feelings and considerations exhibited by the Management as the way it is, or are we going to take steps to correct an alarming trend that has developed?".
You folks, like everyone else in the LTL Industry, are feeling the effects of our poor Economy. There really is nothing that anybody can do right now, except to hunker-down and ride it out. The thing is to remember what you had and lost and to resolve to get the Management to give it back when times are better.
When that "proper" time has arrived, you folks have to be ready to really "speak" to your Employer. You need a Union to do that. Not one that will tell the Company how to run their business, just one that protects your rights. You had something really special until management 'ran amuck' with a total free hand?
Of course, the Conway business model was born out of a complex plan to convert unionized CF's business into a non-unionized hybrid that promised to generate a lower operating ratio at higher profit. In the beginning, it worked. Now it seems that the management has taken greed to a new level and destroyed a great thing.
You need an advocate. You need a Union! Think about it and understand that non-contractual promises are made to be broken. If it's not in-writing, you have no recourse.
Again, I apologize for butting-in and I wish all the professional Conway Drivers the best of luck. I hope this recession we're in goes away quickly. :USA::smilie_132:

If the union is voted in you can bet Con-way days will be over!!!!!!!!!

evrybody better open your eyes this is just the start of pay reductions they will take another 5 % aleast buy the end of next quarter watch, this is just a easy way to get the employees to except the cuts it is not over yet

Wasn't there a post a few months ago where the office workers got a free/paycut? They just got another one. Can't be happy about THAT.

Hmmmm.......shut down Con-way Freight, and turn around with a new company with new trucks already sitting....ready for lower wages. Next to go might be the ot after 8 hrs. any bets?

Somebody spike the punch during the next pride audit.......

Hmmmm.......shut down Con-way Freight, and turn around with a new company with new trucks already sitting....ready for lower wages. Next to go might be the ot after 8 hrs. any bets?

Somebody spike the punch during the next pride audit.......

Sounds like someone already has...

Rat :loser: