XPO | 5% give back, lose 401K match....

CW doesn't care if they "belly up" me, I have no more loyalty to them. They were built on my back and all the other 20+ year employee's. The new hires don't want to work and don't even know what a 30 second sales call is, and yet they aren't losing nearly what the long timers are.

Yeah, long timers are taking it the hardest. We built this company and this is how they treat us. Sure looks like they are trying to get the long timers to quit. Would save them even more money. I just don't know how they can justify doing this to us. I am taking your vacation, retirement away now along with all the other things they have taken in the many years and well for you being a dedicated employee, here you go, the oldest truck in the fleet. No go out there and be positive. One more shipment!!!!!

I haven't seen the DVD yet - I'll see it tonight. From the phone calls I've received this morning it's 5% across the board and 1.5% 401(k) match vs. the current match.

The best thing to do right now is actually watch the video and secure as much (official) information from it is as possible and don't fall victim to the rumor mill.

I think I can speak for the majority in stating that 5% less still pays far more than unemployment does, and hopefully after the recovery (ha) the company will do the right thing in terms of employee compensation.

In 23 years, I haven't seen the company do the right thing yet. When was the last time they gave us anything other than a dismal raise? I think it was back in '87 when they started paying for drop and hooks.

To those who haven't been with this company 20+ years and helped build this company up to what it was a few years ago. Who haven't had a pension taken from them, who haven't had sick days taken from them, who haven't had payed Holidays taken from them, etc... now you want us to be happy that they have taken 5% of my pay and F'ed with my 401K, so some cee-sucker investor or Board of Director can keep making his 6 or 7 figure salary from us. Bu!! $h!+ Why don't you quit and find a new job? I was here first and helped make this one of the premiere LTL company's to work for. It didn't start going into the crapper until we got a bunch of new guys, (not just drivers or dockworkers, but management too), who were like little puppy dogs when the going got rough or someone questioned them, they would roll over onto their back and **** all over themselves and give in. That is the unfortunate thing. We've got a bunch of F'n yes men cowards with no balls, who are afraid to stand up and say "Hey, this is BS and we aren't going to do it that way." We've had issues in the past, mostly at the terminal level or regional level, that we had issues with and we stood up for what we believed in and the managers backed down. In fact there was a time quite a few years ago where we out West were very unhappy with the pay raise that we were going to get, we questioned the leaders, voiced our displeasure and low and behold they said there must have been a mistake in the numbers and we received a much better raise. So I guess the question is, are you a puppy dog? Because if you are a puppy dog not only will you have **** on your belly your gonna have it on your nose too. You **** on my floor your gonna get punished!

Your turn!

You hit the nail on the head. Anyone who sees it differently has there head so far up in the conway clouds they just can't see clearly.

Another level headed employee! They took a pay cut and so should we. It all makes sense, stay positive fellas. If you dont stay positive, you should quit. Conway doesnt need you. We only need positive people to get us through this. Ive got over 20 yrs. with the company, so Im kinda used to the new enhanced company. The company is hurting now, and this is a good way to give a little back, the teamsters did it, so can we.
One more positive thing that just happened, Conways NASCAR truck rammed the wall this weekend, head first, it looks totaled. What do race fans love more than anything? Thats right, crashes. Just think of all the happy NASCAR truck series fans out there talking about the crash. More publicity for our truck, more return on our dollar. Life is good.

Man, what are you on? Teamsters took a cut? Yeah, they did but they were still making more than we are with their cut and now we are taking a cut? "You" should quit and go to work for YRC, they could use some real positive people there right now.

To those who haven't been with this company 20+ years and helped build this company up to what it was a few years ago. Who haven't had a pension taken from them, who haven't had sick days taken from them, who haven't had payed Holidays taken from them, etc... now you want us to be happy that they have taken 5% of my pay and F'ed with my 401K, so some cee-sucker investor or Board of Director can keep making his 6 or 7 figure salary from us. Bu!! $h!+ Why don't you quit and find a new job? I was here first and helped make this one of the premiere LTL company's to work for. It didn't start going into the crapper until we got a bunch of new guys, (not just drivers or dockworkers, but management too), who were like little puppy dogs when the going got rough or someone questioned them, they would roll over onto their back and **** all over themselves and give in. That is the unfortunate thing. We've got a bunch of F'n yes men cowards with no balls, who are afraid to stand up and say "Hey, this is BS and we aren't going to do it that way." We've had issues in the past, mostly at the terminal level or regional level, that we had issues with and we stood up for what we believed in and the managers backed down. In fact there was a time quite a few years ago where we out West were very unhappy with the pay raise that we were going to get, we questioned the leaders, voiced our displeasure and low and behold they said there must have been a mistake in the numbers and we received a much better raise. So I guess the question is, are you a puppy dog? Because if you are a puppy dog not only will you have **** on your belly your gonna have it on your nose too. You **** on my floor your gonna get punished!

Your turn!

24 yrs and this by far is the worst management team every nothing ever positive take take take until there is nothing left

Not too bad, Im just glad I have a job. This countries going through tough times right now. And if this helps Con-way stay on top of their competitors, Im all for it. Im staying positive because being negative over this isnt going to help anyone. Lets all ban together and help Conway be all it can be. Were all in this together, lets go! Lets make Conway proud of us!

That's probably the same attitude I would have if I wasn't one of the ones laid off. But I personally don't believe these changes are really the result of the economy, but instead just a good cover for them to cut costs and increase CEO bonuses. I could very well be wrong, but I would be interested to know what type of cuts are being taken further up the ladder.

There are a lot of good people at this company, but I believe most are the grunts doing the actual work while the suits sit in a leather chair in an air conditioned office making decisions that usually do more to hinder the company, as opposed to help. I think the wrong people are getting the pay cuts!

That's probably the same attitude I would have if I wasn't one of the ones laid off. But I personally don't believe these changes are really the result of the economy, but instead just a good cover for them to cut costs and increase CEO bonuses. I could very well be wrong, but I would be interested to know what type of cuts are being taken further up the ladder.

There are a lot of good people at this company, but I believe most are the grunts doing the actual work while the suits sit in a leather chair in an air conditioned office making decisions that usually do more to hinder the company, as opposed to help. I think the wrong people are getting the pay cuts!

Yup, people are skeptical.

Fool me once..........

Bigfoot I hope you not the driver from Ft. Worth cuz I'll kick your STUPID FAT A## when I see you next ! Watch your back DUMMY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If the union is voted in you can bet Con-way days will be over!!!!!!!!!

Not really Bud. See what Bankrupt wrote about "takebacks"?
He is 100% correct. The only question is, where does it end?
A Union being "voted-in" doesn't mean the end of the world (as management would have you believe). Leaders and officers of a Union are just that, but the members are "The Union". If ever there was a work situation "screaming" for help
from someone, your's is it. A Union can speak for your rights, without hurting the Business. If it hurts too much for the Management to treat their long-time loyal employees fairly, you're all better-off working somewhere else.:tapedshut::hide:

Not really Bud. See what Bankrupt wrote about "takebacks"?
He is 100% correct. The only question is, where does it end?
A Union being "voted-in" doesn't mean the end of the world (as management would have you believe). Leaders and officers of a Union are just that, but the members are "The Union". If ever there was a work situation "screaming" for help
from someone, your's is it. A Union can speak for your rights, without hurting the Business. If it hurts too much for the Management to treat their long-time loyal employees fairly, you're all better-off working somewhere else.:tapedshut::hide:

yeah, the union is the answer to the problems. That would be one more person with their hands in my paycheck. The union is what runs companies out of business. There is a track record there. YRC is a great example of a union company about to go away. Me personally, I don't believe that the union is any less corrupt than conway or the government. Don't you think those running the unions are in it for themselves much like those running conway? :USA:

Give Backs

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out trucking as a whole is screwed up right now. If people aren't buying that means nobody is shipping. We were one of the last to take a pay cut. Ask Fed Ex about there cut and no more O.T. Been here 25 years through the ups and downs. My kid works for Con-Way and I told him if your that unhappy, freaking quit and find another job. I guarantee you he will not quit and I know his wife won't let him because he is still making over 20.00 an hour and has good benifits and a kid. You new beees. Go get one more shipment to help your company or quit. Remember 1983 when we opened and were asking for just one shipment and the big Union companys were all laughing at us. Wheres Delta, System 99, Milne, ETMF, Calif Motor Express and now maybe the unions biggest card holding company YRC. Will they be next. Only time will tell. Theres a lot of B.S. going on with this company and I'm just as pissed as any Con-Way employee. I've worked my *** off and laid alot of footprints for what I'm making and being this close to retiring and seeing my 401k going backwards and now the company won't match.Times are tuff and it won't get any easier for a while but a least most of you still have a job. Like I told most of our cry baby's at our yard go get a part time job if your that financially strapped. Get a paper route but freaking come to work with your **** poor attitude and then take it to the street and **** a customer off and we lose that one. I will find away to get your *** outta here, I Guarantee it.

Yeah, long timers are taking it the hardest. We built this company and this is how they treat us. Sure looks like they are trying to get the long timers to quit. Would save them even more money. I just don't know how they can justify doing this to us. I am taking your vacation, retirement away now along with all the other things they have taken in the many years and well for you being a dedicated employee, here you go, the oldest truck in the fleet. No go out there and be positive. One more shipment!!!!!

Well I just sent out a resume, maybe I can still find a job with a pension while I still have enough life left in me to earn something. Not much chance of a retirement with Con-way. I only gave them half of my life, shouldn't expect anything from them. It's not like they told me when I started that I would be able to retire with a pension!

Not too bad, Im just glad I have a job. This countries going through tough times right now. And if this helps Con-way stay on top of their competitors, Im all for it. Im staying positive because being negative over this isnt going to help anyone. Lets all ban together and help Conway be all it can be. Were all in this together, lets go! Lets make Conway proud of us!

nice to be brainwashed by corporate, isn't it?:duh:

conway i guess wishes to maintain their excessively high profit margin even if it means to prey on their workers

let's see conway made over 150 mil last year, i guess that should be improved as it is not good enough

while you are at it why not kick in another 15% just because you are a good little boy:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

nice to be brainwashed by corporate, isn't it?

conway i guess wishes to maintain their excessively high profit margin even if it means to prey on their workers

let's see conway made over 150 mil last year, i guess that should be improved as it is not good enough

while you are at it why not kick in another 15% just because you are a good little boy:

I would have to agree Big Steve. Now, if there had been some provision saying that once we recover they would give back to the employees I could swallow this pill a little easier. Problem is that they have taken and taken over the years and never given anything. The vacation take away explained by a huge accounting nightmare that they want to go away is understandable but, taking 6 weeks of pay from me without even a kiss is a pill I can not swallow. Huge accounting nightmare so we are told. If they had offered me a check for that time or put that money in my 401k, no problem. Nothing! They just took it with a smile on their face and didn't use Vaseline or even give me a kiss. This is no different than them taking my wallet out of my pocket, grabbing and credit card and charge $5300 dollars on it and put it into the stock holders pockets. Are you friggen kidding me? Now one is jumping up and down about this. This was a one time theft but a huge theft. :nutkick: The other cuts we will pay for day after day.:ranting2: I am for keeping this company afloat but not at the employees expense. :Flame-On::Flame-On:

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out trucking as a whole is screwed up right now. If people aren't buying that means nobody is shipping. We were one of the last to take a pay cut. Ask Fed Ex about there cut and no more O.T. Been here 25 years through the ups and downs. My kid works for Con-Way and I told him if your that unhappy, freaking quit and find another job. I guarantee you he will not quit and I know his wife won't let him because he is still making over 20.00 an hour and has good benifits and a kid. You new beees. Go get one more shipment to help your company or quit. Remember 1983 when we opened and were asking for just one shipment and the big Union companys were all laughing at us. Wheres Delta, System 99, Milne, ETMF, Calif Motor Express and now maybe the unions biggest card holding company YRC. Will they be next. Only time will tell. Theres a lot of B.S. going on with this company and I'm just as pissed as any Con-Way employee. I've worked my *** off and laid alot of footprints for what I'm making and being this close to retiring and seeing my 401k going backwards and now the company won't match.Times are tuff and it won't get any easier for a while but a least most of you still have a job. Like I told most of our cry baby's at our yard go get a part time job if your that financially strapped. Get a paper route but freaking come to work with your **** poor attitude and then take it to the street and **** a customer off and we lose that one. I will find away to get your *** outta here, I Guarantee it.

first question? are you a driver or management?
its hard to tell
if you are a driver, why would you get involved to find a way to get someone's *** outta here who simply does not agree with you or the company for that matter! last time i looked it's still america and we still have the right to express ourselves:nutkick:
if you are management simply shut up as the giveback was not really a giveback, it was in reality a takeback! it was rammed down everyone's throat:duh:
at least YRC employees had a say in the matter and any other unionized company that gave back
difference being yrc profits went bye bye and was the justification for the "giveback"
conway's profits went down but are still considerably high especially for "tuff times" as you put it
what is their justification for the "takeback"
i know "to stay on top of the competition", :puke:rather lame ain't it:smilie_132:
for a guy with 25 yrs under his belt one would think you'd be a little less naive