XPO | 5% give back, lose 401K match....

I wrote a note to the Webmaster asking him to print my questions about why I was banned "Due to Union Comments in a Non-Union Forum" I don't see any warning at the beginning of this forum about non-union only, while there are forums that are listed as such. I demanded that he (Webmaster or Jeff or whomever it is) print an apology for the ban. I thought that we were allowed to freely exchange ideas here, provided that we didn't misuse our freedom to attack people (which I have not done). I continue to see plenty of "Union" comments, both pro and con, and I don't see any of those people being censured. As previously stated Jeff, I want to see my apology "in print", or go ahead and permantently ban me frtom using your biased website. George Anis

I would have to agree Big Steve. Now, if there had been some provision saying that once we recover they would give back to the employees I could swallow this pill a little easier. Problem is that they have taken and taken over the years and never given anything. The vacation take away explained by a huge accounting nightmare that they want to go away is understandable but, taking 6 weeks of pay from me without even a kiss is a pill I can not swallow. Huge accounting nightmare so we are told. If they had offered me a check for that time or put that money in my 401k, no problem. Nothing! They just took it with a smile on their face and didn't use Vaseline or even give me a kiss. This is no different than them taking my wallet out of my pocket, grabbing and credit card and charge $5300 dollars on it and put it into the stock holders pockets. Are you friggen kidding me? Now one is jumping up and down about this. This was a one time theft but a huge theft. :nutkick: The other cuts we will pay for day after day.:ranting2: I am for keeping this company afloat but not at the employees expense. :Flame-On::Flame-On:

There are some that have been jumping up and down right here for years. I think I qualify as one of those.

In 23 years, I haven't seen the company do the right thing yet. When was the last time they gave us anything other than a dismal raise? I think it was back in '87 when they started paying for drop and hooks.
:hide: A couple of years ago, they allowed us to take our vacation one day at a time.....ABOUT TIME!......As I recall, it was not quite the Knight in shining armor they projected. It was a little vaseline to soothe us for freezing our pensions.
They claimed that our pensions were not frozen, because we could earn pennys more as our wages went up.
Now, they have completely frozen our pensions!
Who would have thought, 20 years ago, that we would have our pension frozen TWICE by the same company?
To quote Bob Seeger and his song "Against The Wind"
Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then! :smilie_132:

This message has been deleted by wonderring99. Reason:

advertising revenue comes first:bowdown::bowdown:

new flash the management of the company threw 15,000 people on the unemployment line labor day of 2002, they aren't labor friendly, show them a thing or two and quit so you can be replaced by somebody for half price.:biglaugh:

nice to be brainwashed by corporate, isn't it?:duh:

conway i guess wishes to maintain their excessively high profit margin even if it means to prey on their workers

let's see conway made over 150 mil last year, i guess that should be improved as it is not good enough

while you are at it why not kick in another 15% just because you are a good little boy:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Apparently, Big Steve, you don't recognize sarcasm when it smacks you in the face...

I'm not sure is it the west coast that put the new trucks on the side or is it nationally, would like to herar from the midwest and east coast, if that is so then somebody is probably right new co. lower pay and lower bennys......scary thought, what do you think box boss, I try to read all your postings....

I'm not sure is it the west coast that put the new trucks on the side or is it nationally, would like to herar from the midwest and east coast, if that is so then somebody is probably right new co. lower pay and lower bennys......scary thought, what do you think box boss, I try to read all your postings....

Trucks parked nationwide...same company, concessions taken..

Trucks parked nationwide...same company, concessions taken..

:biglaugh: What concessions? They basically told us what they were going to do, then told us if we had a problem with it, to use the open door policy. Then opened the door that leads to the parking lot. That's not a concession, that's an ultimatum.

:biglaugh: What concessions? They basically told us what they were going to do, then told us if we had a problem with it, to use the open door policy. Then opened the door that leads to the parking lot. That's not a concession, that's an ultimatum.

Listen, I understand the anger, ok..?? I get it...I am not happy, either...But nobody that I can think of has given anyone an ultimatum at this point..

Listen, I understand the anger, ok..?? I get it...I am not happy, either...But nobody that I can think of has given anyone an ultimatum at this point..

I'm not angry BoxBoss, just diappointed. When I got hired here at ConWay, I was looking for a career, not just another job. I was told that this company wanted the same thing for all of their drivers. They wanted people that would actually want to retire from here, not just a stepping stone to another company. As my years of employment adds up here, I find that the company has turned my career into a job.

If I were angry, I would not still be giving them 100% everyday, just like I did almost 5 years ago, when I started here. If I were angry I would move on to another job.

If the executives would have come to us, and sold us on buying into to these "concessions", I'll bet that 90-95% of the driver's would have said that we would support the actions that they are taking, as long as the "concessions" were temparary. Concessions need the agreement between 2 different parties. Maybe I shouldn't have said ultimatum, maybe I should have said that they dictated the terms of our continued employment with ConWay. As far as I can tell we have no other option, other than walking away.

Good point. I don't remember being asked nor was there a common understanding or agreement. "Concession" is a misrepresentation of what happened. Our leaders are not stupid and do or should know that "concession" is an intentional half-truth.

How many new threads are we going to start that say the same thing?? We know what happened to us. And besides I can't remember all of the threads that I posted in because they all look the same.

I talke to a couple of guys at our place and they said they are going to be at top pay in two weeks. Now that's a double kick in the nuts..at least they will still be gaining something. LOL