TForce | 65 just plain blows!

Greezy Trucker

TB Veteran
Credits
I really don't understand this whole 65 mph thing......UPS flys by me when I could run 70 and now its even faster at 65......9 years at 70 and never a problem but now that we are an old dinosaur of a freight company that lives in the 1970s we have to be like every other freight company......GRIPE GRIPE GRIPE!!!!!!!!!

greezy trucker said:
I really don't understand this whole 65 mph thing......UPS flys by me when I could run 70 and now its even faster at 65......9 years at 70 and never a problem but now that we are an old dinosaur of a freight company that lives in the 1970s we have to be like every other freight company......GRIPE GRIPE GRIPE!!!!!!!!!

Where do you live tat trucks can run 65MPH

Colorado lets us get our job done just like a car.....Utah also doesn't have a split speed limit....As far as changing the rules,just going from MC rules to O rules or UPSF rules or whatever

greezy trucker said:
Colorado lets us get our job done just like a car.....Utah also doesn't have a split speed limit....As far as changing the rules,just going from MC rules to O rules or UPSF rules or whatever

What the:cuss: are you ranting about?:maddance3:

65 does blow, real bad, when i started with AF the speed limit on road units was 60, then they gave us the gift of 62, of course at that speed they felt we were unsafe with cruise control so they disabled it, then we got up to 65,,maybe 67 with good new tires. But I wonder who is running us now, UPS, or O. I know I have been passed by O tractors that were doing 70+, and never said anything about it, as well as UPS tractors that made 70 look like i was in a parking lot looking for a spot. Dont know how fast the white sleeper UPS units go, cant keep up with them, even on a downhill with a tail wind.

Try running 65 on a two laner with a 65 speed limit, you always come up on someone going 55-60 with no intentions of going faster,,,EVER. Except of course when you try to go around him, then they seem to be able to do whatever it takes to keep you back there. This may be part of O's ploy to further allienate the customer base out west. Send freight on a way roundabout route to where it needs to go, and do it real slow to boot.

Why do you want to go over the posted speed limit in the first place?

A speeding ticket is a real hassel,also it raises insurance rates on your own personal vehicles.

Three tickets in 18 months and you can kiss your CDL bye,bye.

Heres what happens when you get pulled over for speeding.
First you have to find a safe place to pull out of the flow of traffic.
Than the cop takes his,or hers sweet time running the license tags on his computer.
They come to you for your license,and than drag their feet writing out the ticket.
By the time you get going,you could of gone under the speed limit,and been where you were going already.
After that you've got to pay a fine.
I've been driving for a living going on 44 years,to me speeding is a total waste of time.

Apostolic said:

A speeding ticket is a real hassel,also it raises insurance rates on your own personal vehicles.

Than the cop takes his,or hers sweet time running the license tags on his computer.
They come to you for your license,and than drag their feet writing out the ticket.
By the time you get going,you could of gone under the speed limit,and been where you were going already.
I've been driving for a living going on 44 years,to me speeding is a total waste of time.

Wise Man...

These guys pissin about 65 need to run the westcoast where the speed limit is 55. I have a story to tell..

No speeding tickets for the good part of 30 yrs.. Then 1 night in Weed, Ca, stopped for speeding.. 64 Mph..$200.00 a few weeks before that a speeding ticket in Or. for 62 MPH.. another $200.00
a few weeks later pulled into the scales for the new radar detector $100.00 fine.. Plus the cost of the detector... Now 3 months go by, Pulling a hill in Ca. the truck ahead is heavier,and slower, start to over take him in the 2nd lane of a 3 lane hwy at 49 MPH... and get pulled over for going to slow. now that ticket is going to cost $2000.00 in attorneys fees. And if he looses there is a lost job.... Now tell that driver that 65MPH BLOWS...

Apostolic said:

Who said anything about going over the speed limit? If the speed limit is 75, 70 isnt a problem, if its 65, then lets run 65.

Never had a ticket for speeding, or anything else in a truck for that matter,,,,I take that back, sometimes you get an overweight. Trojans right, if its 75 lets get the truck going, or if its a 65mph highway I'd like to be able to do the speed limit. Not what the guy in the old pos ford pickup with the sheet metal camper shell thinks I should be doing.

You know you can please some people most of the time.
Some people some of the time,but its almost impossible to please a truck driver any time.

The drivers I work with do a very good job of making all of their stops,deliveries,as well as all their asigned pick-ups.
But at the end of the work shift,all they do is cry,cry,cry,about what they had to go through to get everything done.
Our road drivers go over their road units with a magnifying glass if they know one of our city drivers took it for their route.
But thats the trucking buisness.
Theres just no pleasing most truck drivers,thats life.
Trailers are to long,to high,or there to short so you can't get everything on.
Tractors are to slow,they have no power,and anyother negative thoughts you can come up with.
Why can't we all just be happy we'er working in a very needed industry in this country,do our best,and don't worry about anything else?

Trojan Man said:
Who said anything about going over the speed limit? If the speed limit is 75, 70 isnt a problem, if its 65, then lets run 65.

OMG... How stupid of me... Please forgive me I must have for gotten to take my meds before I wrote that post.

Heres the deal Classicteez.
Its the science of the law of averages.
9 out of 10 times you may be able to bend the law as you please,but when the 10th time comes around .
This is what is called your number is up.
Suddenly your in a world of hurt.

Our nations roads,and highways have posted speed limits for a reason.
Mainely for safe travel.
When you go faster than the speed limit,you may not only get a speeding ticket,but worse yet.
You may not be able to bring that big rig to a stop,before you run over something,or worse some other driver.
So lets all not try to beat the law of average.
Go the posted speed limit,and arrive home safe for your loved ones.

Apostolic said:
Heres the deal Classicteez.
Its the science of the law of averages.
9 out of 10 times you may be able to bend the law as you please,but when the 10th time comes around .
This is what is called your number is up.
Suddenly your in a world of hurt.

Our nations roads,and highways have posted speed limits for a reason.
Mainely for safe travel.
When you go faster than the speed limit,you may not only get a speeding ticket,but worse yet.
You may not be able to bring that big rig to a stop,before you run over something,or worse some other driver.
So lets all not try to beat the law of average.
Go the posted speed limit,and arrive home safe for your loved ones.
I dont know why you and classic are stuck on this "over the speed limit" thing. Tell ya what, you can creep along at 10 to 15 under the limit, have fun.

Well Trojan Man didn't this thread start out being angry because trucks aren't allowed to go much over 65 mph?

If you want examples of drivers who have not cheated the laws of averages in their jobs,go to the Trucking Accidents forum on these truckingboards.
Not all of these accidents were because of poor judgment behind the steering wheel.
But enough were from drivers that for the smallest split second they lost their focus.

Trojan Man said:
I dont know why you and classic are stuck on this "over the speed limit" thing. Tell ya what, you can creep along at 10 to 15 under the limit, have fun.

And trojan no one is "STUCK" on anything I asked a simple question in the begining and was answered. then I made a comment to another post. and was answered again. then there was another post made to that post. I thought thats how posting boards went. And I thought this was America where there is this simple little thing called freedom of speech . But Heck, maybe I stupid again...

Oh and no one will CREEP as you call it here on the westcoast... the speed limit here for trucks is 55 not 65 or 70.

Another big problem I have seen involving truck accidents is drivers that do not get the proper rest needed to drive at night. I see this on a regular basis being a night time driver the past 28 years. Statistics tell us that driver fatigue has the same characteristics as a drunk driver. Fatigue= Not alert, Impaired vision, Slow to react.