TForce | 65 just plain blows!

Does anyone have any official statistics regarding trucking accidents where the driver was at fault? Any commomalites such as age factor, health problems, etc? Personally I believe at age 50 and above the DOT physical should be more in depth than what it is.

Does anyone have any official statistics regarding trucking accidents where the driver was at fault? Any commomalites such as age factor, health problems, etc? Personally I believe at age 50 and above the DOT physical should be more in depth than what it is.

Oh absolutely. We all should have that prostrate good and probed just like they used to. Swift drivers should have their arm length measured to be sure they can reach beyond the steering wheel to be able to use the dimmer switch.

Oh absolutely. We all should have that prostrate good and probed just like they used to. Swift drivers should have their arm length measured to be sure they can reach beyond the steering wheel to be able to use the dimmer switch.

I don't think anyone is concerned about your prostate lol, but what about those with diabetes, high blood pressure and clogged arteries, the so called "silent killers." One fellow on here said he had a 95 percent blockage (that's a heart attack waiting to happen), luckily his doctor caught it before any damage was done. What if he had been out in an 18-wheeler and keeled over? Now that's a different story. I'm in the same age group I mentioned above so I'm not knocking older drivers, heck they are the hardest working in the force if you want the truth. All I was asking if there were any official stats concerning trucking accidents where the driver was at fault,not looking for a soap box here.

I am glad someone understands me here.....I am not speeding at and i'm still holding up traffic.....People are just alot less hostile after they pass you than they are at 65......If I lived in a state or drove in a state that had lower speed limits than shame on me for CRYING but this is not the case....Or even if I had less miles to run or not spend 2 hours on the dock doing a job that they are already paying someone to do....Than shame on me for CRYING...... Besides why can't someone just state an opinion on a subject and it be just taken as that.....AN OPINION
NOT CRYING.....

:mfight: This is only an OPINION, You say your not crying, but in my OPINION you are, but remember its only a OPINION. This is another OPINION, only a OPINION, get a different career, you are stressing yourself out with this one. And one day your going blow and hurt someone with road rage.:chairshot:

I really don't understand this whole 65 mph thing......UPS flys by me when I could run 70 and now its even faster at 65......9 years at 70 and never a problem but now that we are an old dinosaur of a freight company that lives in the 1970s we have to be like every other freight company......GRIPE GRIPE GRIPE!!!!!!!!!
gt now you can't drive like you stole it, but drive it like you bought it.

Well yes I'm the old guy that was spared a heart attack,because my doctor found the blockage before I had any heart damage.
I can only thank God for the whole deal.
I got a stent,and was back to work with no restrictions after just 8 working days.
I'm doing well thank you.
I check my blood pressure every morning before I go to work,also after I return home after working all day.
I'm watching what I eat,and carry nitro pills wherever I go in case I feel any pain,around my chest.
I for one pray that if I should pass while I'm still driving in the LTL trucking business that it will just be me,and I won't take anyone with me.
I have looked into retirement,but as long as I still feel healthy I'd just as soon stay in the LTL trucking business I've enjoyed for the last 43 years.

I don't think anyone is concerned about your prostate lol, but what about those with diabetes, high blood pressure and clogged arteries, the so called "silent killers." One fellow on here said he had a 95 percent blockage (that's a heart attack waiting to happen), luckily his doctor caught it before any damage was done. What if he had been out in an 18-wheeler and keeled over? Now that's a different story. I'm in the same age group I mentioned above so I'm not knocking older drivers, heck they are the hardest working in the force if you want the truth. All I was asking if there were any official stats concerning trucking accidents where the driver was at fault,not looking for a soap box here.
They do check for bllos pressue, as well as heart rate after activity, but can you imagine the cost of a simple physical if they were to check for any and every thig that you might have?
t

Yeah thats true it would get costly , I forget every driver doesn't have good health insurance. The regular DOT physical I get does check for blood pressure problems and high sugar which are two bad problems and I know if diagnosed they can require physicals every 6 month and not under control they can take you off the road until you are. Like I said I'm not on a soap box but I have seen a lot of drivers over 400 lbs and not in good health and it can be a safety issue out here. Im 50 and I owe it to myself and family to at least take one good wellness physical every year, which my insurance gladly pays for.

Well yes I'm the old guy that was spared a heart attack,because my doctor found the blockage before I had any heart damage.
I can only thank God for the whole deal.
I got a stent,and was back to work with no restrictions after just 8 working days.
I'm doing well thank you.
I check my blood pressure every morning before I go to work,also after I return home after working all day.
I'm watching what I eat,and carry nitro pills wherever I go in case I feel any pain,around my chest.
I for one pray that if I should pass while I'm still driving in the LTL trucking business that it will just be me,and I won't take anyone with me.
I have looked into retirement,but as long as I still feel healthy I'd just as soon stay in the LTL trucking business I've enjoyed for the last 43 years.

Yep I believe in divine intervention too. And sounds like you are doing all the right things to take care of your health, so you should drive as long as you can or until you decide to retire. To me it's not an age things, it's a health thing, and I will drive as long as I am healthy enough to do my job. Right now I'm planning on another 15 years, God willing. Glad to hear you are doing well Apostolic.

Thanks for your kind thoughts Cowtown Troy.
I feel I'm on barrowed time.
Every breath I take is a gift from God.
I feel very good,and am able to still work in my P & D classifiation with no restrictions.
I concider my experence nothing short of the hand of God.
From a Doctors vist than a blood test,back to the Doctor,than a stress test which showed a slow blood flow to my heart.
Than dye was put up my vains through my right arm,the pictures showed a 95 % blockage of my main heart artery.
I was put into the operating room .
A baloon opened the artery,than a stent was put in place.
I was very blessed that this blockage was found before I had any heart damage.
I was discharged the next morning,a few days off to rest,the whole process was 8 working days.
I pray every day for Gods help,I feel thats the best medicine.
When I went back to work it was just like coming in on a monday after having a weekend off.
Than I was right back at it,with no slow downs.
Now I'm keeping an eye on my health,with medication,and diet.
I feel at this point I'm qualified to keep working,when I feel other wise I'll retire.

Sorry for offending you on your thread greezy trucker.
Its just the safety trainer in me that wants all of us truckers to be focused,on our jobs.
To do everything in a safe way so we will be healthy enough to retire someday and enjoy our old age with good memories of our trucking days.

But once again I'd like to say that I'm sorry for reading to much into your posts here on the UPS Freight forum,on these truckingboards.

If I don't do a little blowing off here I will go postal.....Most of the time I just try to make the best of it and roll with it.....But here I just get out the worst of my frustrations......Lots of sarcasm and attitude to be taken very lightly and in good humor.......That is all!!!!!!

lol..GT I was just a pup in the seventies myself. Graduated High School in 1974 and just turned 50 this summer. So I don't know much about what happened in the industry back then. I do know what you mean about 65 and I hated crossing the California border back when I use to drive all 48 states. I'm all about safety but I like to drive the limit in the states where the limits are higher and the road conditions are good.

YUP and what is safer being able to get out of the way or being in it???????

:mfight: This is only an OPINION, You say your not crying, but in my OPINION you are, but remember its only a OPINION. This is another OPINION, only a OPINION, get a different career, you are stressing yourself out with this one. And one day your going blow and hurt someone with road rage.:chairshot:

So you want a war of words and all that or what? My stress level is fine. Thank you for your concern and nice to see I affect someone so much......... just means I'm doing my duty in life......getting you all riled up.....I knew God had a purpose for me.....Thanks again.....

So you want a war of words and all that or what? My stress level is fine. Thank you for your concern and nice to see I affect someone so much......... just means I'm doing my duty in life......getting you all riled up.....I knew God had a purpose for me.....Thanks again.....

So many sensitive people ,so little time....

First I am crankin a little bit of Rush, then I switch to the Sepultra , while reading this thread and then it donned on me ,you people are stressed in a thread named "65 blows".:hysterical: :hysterical: My truck does 72. it does, really.

So many sensitive people ,so little time....

First I am crankin a little bit of Rush, then I switch to the Sepultra , while reading this thread and then it donned on me ,you people are stressed in a thread named "65 blows".:hysterical: :hysterical: My truck does 72. it does, really.

Great, what terminal are you at, we need to let your shop know it needs to be turned down, or rebid out to a more senior driver.
Hahahahahahahahahaha.(hysterical laughter)

No shops or mechanics, just driver know how and tools!!

The shops around here seem to be ignoring it for the most part, EXCEPT SLC!!!!! That shop boss will surely get a brownie button.......Plus I think SLC just has a over abundance of drivers that are not happy with the merge and like to stab each other in the back......Tommy looked at me funny, ya know!!!!