Yellow | 707 pension - Pension cut letters have been sent out

Triplex

Experienced stalker
PREMIUM
Credits
Got a letter from Local 707 dated December 2nd. My cut will be 40% as of February 1st. Happy Groundhog Day! :smile new:

It's a tragedy Triplex. 30 or 40 years ago this would have been unthinkable as you well know, you were there.

Got a letter from Local 707 dated December 2nd. My cut will be 40% as of February 1st. Happy Groundhog Day! :smile new:
Did the letter explain how they arrived at a 40% cut? I thought that the 707 fund was being taken over by the PBGC which would be a 65% cut. I hope I'm wrong since your still getting 60% of the pension is certainly better.

Did the letter explain how they arrived at a 40% cut? I thought that the 707 fund was being taken over by the PBGC which would be a 65% cut. I hope I'm wrong since your still getting 60% of the pension is certainly better.

Yes always look on the bright side of life.

Looks like somebody banned him so I guess you won't be getting an answer anytime soon.

Looks like somebody banned him so I guess you won't be getting an answer anytime soon.
What in the world would you ban him for? Two tier cut is more like a 50% cut. In central states I got a 52% cut. 2500 to 1209 dollars. It sucks.

But, they have changed the work rules now ,so you can driver part-time or work the dock , so I'll talk to Big R and maybe we can get you a run on wk-ends , to supplement the 40% cut ???

This is the final straw that shall break the Teamsters Freight Unions back. 40 to 60 % pension cuts to retirees whom some has took penalties to get out early will bankrupt some and cause others to lose mortgages. After this I see no reason to participate in a Union which is NOT dedicated to protecting its members. Ladies and Gentlemen, Brothers and Sisters of the Teamsters Union Freight Division. I declare the Union dead based upon what we took an oath and signed up for over 25 years ago in my case. May you all be blessed and find strength to do as strong willed men and women of The Teamsters Union of Days Past has always done. And that's to succeed in all of your endeavors.
Do Not Stay Loyal:

I thought before the cuts actually took place, we got to vote on them,
and then get final approval by the treasury department.
Someone please help a dummy out here.

Wow...doesn't take much.......but I have seen worse on the Political Forum ....
I would say 'pathetic,' but you arouse no pity.
Just so you all know, personal attacks are not permitted by anyone and not against anyone. He is not the only one out on break for it right now. And those were not against any moderators. He had his share of warnings.

Just so you all know, personal attacks are not permitted by anyone and not against anyone. He is not the only one out on break for it right now. And those were not against any moderators. He had his share of warnings.

Well I'm sure have plenty to post when his break is over. :popcorn:

Why don't you postwhat you said to him? ABF'er you know how to give it but clearly can't take it when somebody reacts to your comments. I'm sure others on this board have clearly seen that. In my opinion, and I know it doesn't mean anything to you a moderator shouldn't hold grudges against certain posters and you do that regularly. Lighten up and maybe people will show you some respect if thats what you crave.