FedEx Freight | A Resounding No !!!!!!!

While some may want just a 40 hour week or less, it is no secret that the more hours you work the more money you make. More money while working more hours would be ideal. Less hours and more pay is good too! Retirement is best. Guess I'm really just one of the lazy who just wants less work and more pay. Actually I want to retire and :guinesssmilie:

I know you worked at fxnl . Not sure if you left at the merge. So don't know if you ever worked in the fxfe environment . You have no idea what were after . Maybe reread countless threads and posts on here. For someone who dosent have a leg in this race your posts are mainly anti this movement . Let us decide our own future. You need to back off some .
I was there for a year after the merge. I left because of the environment you speak of. Please don't confuse my posts that try to call out a BS post with me being anti union. I have purposely kept my opinions out of my posts.

Truckingboards doesn't restrict anyone from posting on a certain forum. When I see bull****, I will point it out. Just because my opinions differ from yours, doesn't mean it's any less valid than yours. If we all agreed on things, this world would be really boring.

Guardrail

That will be my vote. Union won't help. Most guys think this will stop the long hours and they will be able to do more things with the family. BS. That is part of our job. That is why we make a decent living. Union won't change that one bit. We might get more money we might not. We might get a better retirement we might not. But one thing is for sure the union will get their dues and the company will not cut their own throat. Fred is a smart guy and he won't let the freight division bring him down. Wait and see.
First or all, I have never seen a Union contract that did not have some "Excessive OT" language in it so in a way your statement is incorrect. Some call for 2X after 10 or 11 and some let you go after 8 or 9 or 10 as long as you follow the language. I recently talked to a Union organizer and one thing he told me was that the Union does not think it is wise to bring a first contract back for a vote that does not, at least, cover the increase for dues. If you don't think Fed Ex can afford, at least that, you are very misinformed.

. Where do you get this "lazy" excrement? That **** is beyond old, just as "you're a no vote so you must be an asskisser and go though lots of knee pads Come on assman.

Why do you assume a no vote is a ass kisser . Because the don't have your brainwashed union mentality.

While some may want just a 40 hour week or less, it is no secret that the more hours you work the more money you make. More money while working more hours would be ideal. Less hours and more pay is good too! Retirement is best. Guess I'm really just one of the lazy who just wants less work and more pay. Actually I want to retire and :guinesssmilie:

The beer tab is much lower when you are working.. Take it from me, when you retire, you search out sale items....

That will be my vote. Union won't help. Most guys think this will stop the long hours and they will be able to do more things with the family. BS. That is part of our job. That is why we make a decent living. Union won't change that one bit. We might get more money we might not. We might get a better retirement we might not. But one thing is for sure the union will get their dues and the company will not cut their own throat. Fred is a smart guy and he won't let the freight division bring him down. Wait and see.

You are so out of touch :duh:: I don't believe you are a driver. If you are, get off your phone and pay attention to the training videos FedEx is paying you to watch.

The resounding no votes I can respect. Those who are for it but don't think it has a chance because the company will fight back I just don't get.Thank God they wern't in a landing craft on D Day is all I can say !

As A Union driver for 30 years I would like to take this chance to respond to your points one by one.

1. "Most guys think this will stop the long hours and they will be able to do more with their families"
While your statement might be true with Linehaul (DOT Hours of service rules there!) I can tell you at YRC in Central Pennsylvania they can force you to work 2 hours overtime daily in P&D and Dock. After 10 hours you can go home! No ifs, Ands, Or buts!!!!!! If you stay later than that it's on you! There is no such thing as a 12-14 hour day in a Union shop unless you want it!

2. "We might get more money we might not, We might get a better retirement we might not"
I put both of these statement together for the simple reason that both of these items are part of your total pay package. With the Teamster contract I am under the Company pays my Hourly wage, So much an hour towards my Health & Welfare (Health Insurance) and so mush an hour to my pension. As an example, The only thing that comes out of my pocket is the $20 copay to see my family doctor. Nothing is taken out of my weekly paycheck to cover Insurance or retirement. As I understand it one of the main reasons the Guys are going Union is the changes to the health insurance. So I would bet that would be one of the major issues raised by the Teamsters at the table.

3. "The Union will get there dues"
I fail to see the problems with that statement. What's your point? While I do not think anyone agrees with the Union 100% of the time I will say that the $53 dollars I pay to the Union every month is one of the best damn investments I ever made!
That monthly dues make possible my contract, Work rules, Pay, Pension, And Health insurance. There is no such thing as a free lunch.

4. "The company will not cut their own throat"
Sorry to disagree but they did that already! Changing the health insurance, Changing you work rules at a wim. The actions my your management has done more to change peoples opinion about the Teamsters.

5,"fred is a smart guy and he won't let the freight division bring him down"
Again, The actions by fred and his management team are, As you say, "Bringing him down"

6. "wait and see"
I will agree that this fight is a long way from over. But look at the momention the Union movement is gaining. I was told there was a statement made by fred smith that if fedex freight went Union he would shut it down. If, "IF" that statement is true then he has just shot himself in the foot! Goes to show just what he and his management team think about the employees at freight!

Red shirt or not, one thing is sure.
HE DOESN'T GET IT.
Which would make him management or profoundly clueless.
Oh wait, I just said the same thing twice.

Or a new hire brain washed at interview. There was rumor that they had a piece of paper with new applications asking potential employees if they would ever vote for union if hired.

Never seen paper, but if I ever do it will be in NLRB hands!

As A Union driver for 30 years I would like to take this chance to respond to your points one by one.

1. "Most guys think this will stop the long hours and they will be able to do more with their families"
While your statement might be true with Linehaul (DOT Hours of service rules there!) I can tell you at YRC in Central Pennsylvania they can force you to work 2 hours overtime daily in P&D and Dock. After 10 hours you can go home! No ifs, Ands, Or buts!!!!!! If you stay later than that it's on you! There is no such thing as a 12-14 hour day in a Union shop unless you want it!

2. "We might get more money we might not, We might get a better retirement we might not"
I put both of these statement together for the simple reason that both of these items are part of your total pay package. With the Teamster contract I am under the Company pays my Hourly wage, So much an hour towards my Health & Welfare (Health Insurance) and so mush an hour to my pension. As an example, The only thing that comes out of my pocket is the $20 copay to see my family doctor. Nothing is taken out of my weekly paycheck to cover Insurance or retirement. As I understand it one of the main reasons the Guys are going Union is the changes to the health insurance. So I would bet that would be one of the major issues raised by the Teamsters at the table.

3. "The Union will get there dues"
I fail to see the problems with that statement. What's your point? While I do not think anyone agrees with the Union 100% of the time I will say that the $53 dollars I pay to the Union every month is one of the best damn investments I ever made!
That monthly dues make possible my contract, Work rules, Pay, Pension, And Health insurance. There is no such thing as a free lunch.

4. "The company will not cut their own throat"
Sorry to disagree but they did that already! Changing the health insurance, Changing you work rules at a wim. The actions my your management has done more to change peoples opinion about the Teamsters.

5,"fred is a smart guy and he won't let the freight division bring him down"
Again, The actions by fred and his management team are, As you say, "Bringing him down"

6. "wait and see"
I will agree that this fight is a long way from over. But look at the momention the Union movement is gaining. I was told there was a statement made by fred smith that if fedex freight went Union he would shut it down. If, "IF" that statement is true then he has just shot himself in the foot! Goes to show just what he and his management team think about the employees at freight!
Very well explained. Thanks

Or a new hire brain washed at interview. There was rumor that they had a piece of paper with new applications asking potential employees if they would ever vote for union if hired.

I don't know what's worse...them having the paper or you posting about it before you even know if it's true. Rumor..gee wonder how they get started.

I don't know what's worse...them having the paper or you posting about it before you even know if it's true. Rumor..gee wonder how they get started.

Why I said RUMOR! I wasn't going to say it was the gospel without seeing the paper!

I don't post on these forums or any forums as a rule, I just like to read but I cant stand it any more. First a little background on me, I no longer work for FXFE but I did for 17 months as a P&D driver. My father in law has worked there for 16 years,my best friend is still there (I helped him get on), and I have many friends that I made while there, so I care what happens but I have no direct involvement. Also I belong to a union, The International Union of Operating Engineers, And I have several years in the teamsters, mostly heavy highway. I do have 9 months in local 507 Teamsters and Bakers out of Cleveland working for Sysco food service. I don't have the time or energy to go back and quote every thing I disagree with however, Fthemwithasmile said "I have never seen a Union contract that did not have some "Excessive OT" language in it" I have, my contract has none only double time on Sunday and time and a half after 8 (which they can get around at least in the operators). And when I worked for Sysco they worked us hard and right up against our 70 every week including scheduling us out for 16 hours and making us take our 16 hour exception to do it and The teamsters did nothing. They say the cant control scheduling. I don't care which way you vote and I agree with why you would want to fix some things, one of the reasons I left was I got jacked around in the merger, but I saw several good guys loose their jobs because of stupid stuff and I always hated the ever changing rule book. But believe me the Union will fix very little. And on a side note, this forum right now is dominated with pro union people but just because someone doesn't want the union doesn't make them a corporate suckup or a redshirt. Shouting them down as you are doing does not prove your point it makes you look bad and sours people to your point of view.

I don't post on these forums or any forums as a rule, I just like to read but I cant stand it any more. First a little background on me, I no longer work for FXFE but I did for 17 months as a P&D driver. My father in law has worked there for 16 years,my best friend is still there (I helped him get on), and I have many friends that I made while there, so I care what happens but I have no direct involvement. Also I belong to a union, The International Union of Operating Engineers, And I have several years in the teamsters, mostly heavy highway. I do have 9 months in local 507 Teamsters and Bakers out of Cleveland working for Sysco food service. I don't have the time or energy to go back and quote every thing I disagree with however, Fthemwithasmile said "I have never seen a Union contract that did not have some "Excessive OT" language in it" I have, my contract has none only double time on Sunday and time and a half after 8 (which they can get around at least in the operators). And when I worked for Sysco they worked us hard and right up against our 70 every week including scheduling us out for 16 hours and making us take our 16 hour exception to do it and The teamsters did nothing. They say the cant control scheduling. I don't care which way you vote and I agree with why you would want to fix some things, one of the reasons I left was I got jacked around in the merger, but I saw several good guys loose their jobs because of stupid stuff and I always hated the ever changing rule book. But believe me the Union will fix very little. And on a side note, this forum right now is dominated with pro union people but just because someone doesn't want the union doesn't make them a corporate suckup or a redshirt. Shouting them down as you are doing does not prove your point it makes you look bad and sours people to your point of view.

Catch more flies with honey!!!

I can tell you this much on this union thing. If it gets voted down they will retaliate. Maybe not right away but it will happen seen it done at Overnite. They will claim you aren't living up to production standards or that you didn't wear your seat belt and nlrb will just shrug their shoulders and say you should have followed the rules. Again I have no dog in this fight other then a friend I know that works out of the NHS terminal. Vote your conscious and what works best for your family that's my only recommendation. As far as being anti union I would not burn your bridges either way some of the most anti union guys at UPSF file the majority of the grievances while bad mouthing the contract and the union.

renegadebaileys, I do totally agree with that and I have been pondering on that for a while. The union talk has definitely gotten Fedex's attention, I do find it really funny that they are back peddling on a lot of this stuff while claiming it has nothing to do with the union. But if the union goes away now Fedex will want their pound of flesh, and it will be much harder to get the union effort back in gear the next time. They will become the proverbial "boy who cried wolf" and Fedex will really have them by the short hairs. It will be interesting to watch.