FedEx Freight | A Resounding No !!!!!!!

As far as this stuff goes the union knows it is not going to get the whole country at 1 time it will be quite content to agree on a contract for the few terminals they can get into. Notice that most of them are in the Northeast were they can mandate union membership once a yes vote takes effect and a contract is agreed to. On another note Fred Smith is not going to shut down the entire northeast just to evade the union that just doesn't make business sense. He will threaten it though. Both sides are blowing a lot of smoke up everyone's behind so take what they say at about 50% correct on both sides

Everyone can bicker back and fourth about the good/bad of the union I hardly doubt anyone is gonna change somebodys mind over some words over a forum. When it comes down to it everyone will have a vote then you can take it from there. Eight terminals have petitioned to vote so it's not just a few guys on a forum that are "pro" union. I'm pretty sure there will be more terminals filing so everyone save your breath.

More Union BS. You will never see any kind of paper because there is none. Just because you are an idiot doesn't mean the management of FEDEX is. They would never put themselves in a situtation where they could be sued.

Really dude? They are already under Federal criminal indictment! Fedex lives in court these days.

You do realize that companies this size including UPS get arrogant and think they are above the law right? Or are you really that naive? It might be just a rumor but most terminal managers down to supervisor's and dispatchers do not know what the law is regarding union organizing for Pete sakes most of them can't read a map let alone legalese. So yes I do think they are stupid enough to try it. Not saying they actually did but they are that stupid trust me.
More Union BS. You will never see any kind of paper because there is none. Just because you are an idiot doesn't mean the management of FEDEX is. They would never put themselves in a situtation where they could be sued.

Really dude? They are already under Federal criminal indictment! Fedex lives in court these days.

More BS, I know when i go make a pickup, i don't check each and every box that is on the skid to see if what they are shipping is legal or not. How can a company that hauls as much freight as FEDEX does, possibly know what is in each and every shipment.

Get real DUDE.

I don't know where you get the idea that I'm against this. I don't work at FedEx anymore, so my opinions don't count. How you read arrogance in anything I put in that post is beyond me. I rolled my 401K into my IRA when I left. I also took the pension money and put it in my IRA. The IRA is just part of my planning for retirement.

I'm stating fact. If you go into a negotiations with the attitude many have on here, you will lose. Many here need to grow some whiskers and stop thinking that the union will save you. The members are the union. There is no magical wand the union will wave to make it all better. If you vote in the union, the union will be you. You'd better start thinking about where you want to take this company, not where the union will take it.

Guardrail
Most of your post is right on point ..
Only thing in my opinion is incorrect is that you state that THEY will go into negotiations. The committee WILL be present in the negotiation process but will not negotiate any contract. The committee will be there to clarify a lot of what the company states, they will be there to agree or disagree with the language and procedures. But you can't expect a driver who has never went through the process of negotiations to negotiate a contract. Thats what the union negotiators are for.

I am from the south and have never been for a union until now. We deserve better pay, better benefit costs, and better pension which is what they have at upsf.. The management of this company is nothing short of awful and they care nothing about you. That is why I have signed a card and will vote YES when the time comes.

You do know that in order to get an indictment the DA has to go before a grand jury right and prove the case. Of course they could indict a ham sandwich but that being said they have to prove that FedEx knowingly transported illegal drugs and that there is enough of a question over that in order to go to a trial. I know your a truck driver but you might want to do a little research into the legal field because you might become liable if the government can prove you handled the shipment in question.

We know your not in favor of this because of your almighty 401k . You think that your a moderater that you can speak with arrogance and a strong arm. Those talking points have been stated here over and over.

I'm not the biggest fan of many of the moderators on this site but Guardrail is right. I shake my head every time I see a post calling an anti-union guy a 'red shirt'. We have drivers at NHS that, if they posted on here, you'd think they were Pat Reed n friends. Some people are just brick walls who listen to too much Rush Limbaugh.

State your points and let them chew that over, it might sway their opinion. Stop with the 'red shirt' BS guys, you're not helping. I am not a fan of many of our management team at NHS but there are a few solid guys who quietly sympathize with us drivers.

Same thing in my book. It was said for one purpose and one purpose only.

Yep! That if it were true it's against the law and there will be consequences for FEDEX.

If it's not It's a RUMOR!

Let me tell you a story about rumors at FedEx. 09 rumor of merger. Management said" There will never be a merger they are economic an we are priority.

Heard a rumor about rail 6 months before announced. Management" us use the railroad that's the dumbest thing I ever heard!"

So save your rumor speech for someone who hasn't been here 20 years! In a quote from anchorman" 60 percent of the time their right all the time!" I changed end of sentence. Lol

I'm not the biggest fan of many of the moderators on this site but Guardrail is right. I shake my head every time I see a post calling an anti-union guy a 'red shirt'. We have drivers at NHS that, if they posted on here, you'd think they were Pat Reed n friends. Some people are just brick walls who listen to too much Rush Limbaugh.

State your points and let them chew that over, it might sway their opinion. Stop with the 'red shirt' BS guys, you're not helping. I am not a fan of many of our management team at NHS but there are a few solid guys who quietly sympathize with us drivers.
First of all, I don't think it's possible to listen to too much Rush. Secondly, I'm not sure I want my working contract negotiated and voted on by the people that vote for the politicians in this country. Uninformed voters can really screw things up. . Look around!

First of all, I don't think it's possible to listen to too much Rush. Secondly, I'm not sure I want my working contract negotiated and voted on by the people that vote for the politicians in this country. Uninformed voters can really screw things up. . Look around!
Things that get voted for in union contracts can have unintended consequences! !

Maybe you should suggest Canadians negotiate your contract then. :-P

Same here it's a matter of opinion and what you are looking for most of the supervisors at my work at pretty cool guys I look at from more of the guys above that make the rules and set the standards of everything to be honest I don't really think supervisors really care if we go union or not.

As far as this stuff goes the union knows it is not going to get the whole country at 1 time it will be quite content to agree on a contract for the few terminals they can get into. Notice that most of them are in the Northeast were they can mandate union membership once a yes vote takes effect and a contract is agreed to. On another note Fred Smith is not going to shut down the entire northeast just to evade the union that just doesn't make business sense. He will threaten it though. Both sides are blowing a lot of smoke up everyone's behind so take what they say at about 50% correct on both sides

You're right, most are in the Northeast but now Richmond and Charlotte? I think Charlotte is one of the biggest hubs in the country? 300 doors? This thing is gaining momentum. They can't shut down FedEx Freight or even just the Northeast if they go union, that is against the law and even if they found some loopholes around that, they would still be bound by many long term building leases and state mandated severance packages for employees.

If Fred is a smart guy, why would the freight division bring him down just because you decided to have representation?
He's no spring chicken. He must know there's been some very successful union companies. New Penn's owner made alot of money. So did the families who owned alot of union carriers.
Snd alot oof Teamsters took pride in the companies/families they worked for.

It doesnt mean you have to hate Fred Smith to want a union. Nor shoild he or his supervisors haye you for it.
This is America and you have a right to organize.
You have a right to belong to one of the only groups who lobbies govt for legislations and policies for you and other wotkers just like businessmen have a right to join the Chamber of Commerce or Fedex the right to join the ATA.
You jave a right to throw money together and have a contract just like CEO's do. Businessmen use contracts all the time for their financial stability. The contract might say their company does this but not that. There's charges for this but not that. If this happens we charve extra. etc.....
Its called capitalism and you're allowed to have a contract for your stability just like businessmen.
A businessman is a capitalist. I heard right wing radio guy Mark Levine say the first thing a businessman gets is a lawyer. You're in business too for your family. The way a workingman gets a lawyer for his "business" is pooling money together for the lawyers in a union.
It's not evil. Its good. Its what built this country into the greatest country in the world. The decline in union membership has gone hand in hand with the decline of the country imo.
1955 was the highpoint in private sector unions.
That was when we were building. It was 36%. Now its only 6%. The country aint doin too good.

If Fred is a smart guy, why would the freight division bring him down just because you decided to have representation?
He's no spring chicken. He must know there's been some very successful union companies. New Penn's owner made alot of money. So did the families who owned alot of union carriers.
Snd alot oof Teamsters took pride in the companies/families they worked for.

It doesnt mean you have to hate Fred Smith to want a union. Nor shoild he or his supervisors haye you for it.
This is America and you have a right to organize.
You have a right to belong to one of the only groups who lobbies govt for legislations and policies for you and other wotkers just like businessmen have a right to join the Chamber of Commerce or Fedex the right to join the ATA.
You jave a right to throw money together and have a contract just like CEO's do. Businessmen use contracts all the time for their financial stability. The contract might say their company does this but not that. There's charges for this but not that. If this happens we charve extra. etc.....
Its called capitalism and you're allowed to have a contract for your stability just like businessmen.
A businessman is a capitalist. I heard right wing radio guy Mark Levine say the first thing a businessman gets is a lawyer. You're in business too for your family. The way a workingman gets a lawyer for his "business" is pooling money together for the lawyers in a union.
It's not evil. Its good. Its what built this country into the greatest country in the world. The decline in union membership has gone hand in hand with the decline of the country imo.
1955 was the highpoint in private sector unions.
That was when we were building. It was 36%. Now its only 6%. The country aint doin too good.
My only argument here would be is that the first thing a business man gets is an accountant not a lawyer everything else you are spot on with.

They can't shut down FedEx Freight or even just the Northeast if they go union, that is against the law.

Actually, at this stage of the game, it is illegal for anyone in any management capacity to even mention that possibility.
If you encounter that, write it down. Date, time, place and who said it. A recording would be awesome, but that puts you at risk.