FedEx Freight | A Resounding No !!!!!!!

Actually, at this stage of the game, it is illegal for anyone in any management capacity to even mention that possibility.
If you encounter that, write it down. Date, time, place and who said it. A recording would be awesome, but that puts you at risk.
I believe there is whistle blower laws that protect you for that only question would be state wiretapping laws but most of them allow recordings like that.

Everyone can bicker back and fourth about the good/bad of the union I hardly doubt anyone is gonna change somebodys mind over some words over a forum. When it comes down to it everyone will have a vote then you can take it from there. Eight terminals have petitioned to vote so it's not just a few guys on a forum that are "pro" union. I'm pretty sure there will be more terminals filing so everyone save your breath.
I agree that the movement has more momentum than ever before but it is still "just a few " at this point. This unionization would include drivers, dock and mechanics, I don't know but I bet that's close to 20,000 people system wide. And getting 50 percent to sign cards is a whole different animal than getting a 50 percent yes vote. Look into why the democrats wanted card check so bad I will guarantee that some of your fellow drivers that signed cards did so they didnt rock the boat, but when the time comes to vote yes or no on the secret ballot they will vote no. It has happened that way more than the other.

The kicker is that it takes 50% plus 1 cards to be signed to petition the nlrb it only takes 50% plus 1 of the people that show up for the vote so if only 5 guys show up out of 300 at the vote and 3 vote for the union then you guys go union. That's how it works.

Yep! That if it were true it's against the law and there will be consequences for FEDEX.

If it's not It's a RUMOR!

Let me tell you a story about rumors at FedEx. 09 rumor of merger. Management said" There will never be a merger they are economic an we are priority.

Heard a rumor about rail 6 months before announced. Management" us use the railroad that's the dumbest thing I ever heard!"

So save your rumor speech for someone who hasn't been here 20 years! In a quote from anchorman" 60 percent of the time their right all the time!" I changed end of sentence. Lol

Wasn't a speech first of all. So they tell a lie do you tell a lie. The only reason you'd bring it up is to get people fired up. Your doing the same thing to them that your complaining on this very board. I think that's called a hypocrite. You want to make stuff up and call it a rumor go ahead, but don't cry when you get called out for doing so. Most of your posts are quality and make good points, this one is more like the Enquire. Just throw it out there and if it's true say see I was right, but will you retract if your not? My guess is no! Now that was a speech.

That will be my vote. Union won't help. Most guys think this will stop the long hours and they will be able to do more things with the family. BS. That is part of our job. That is why we make a decent living. Union won't change that one bit. We might get more money we might not. We might get a better retirement we might not. But one thing is for sure the union will get their dues and the company will not cut their own throat. Fred is a smart guy and he won't let the freight division bring him down. Wait and see.

Sadly you, and many like you, have grown accustomed to the conditions we work under. It's not really how it's supposed to be. Have you forgotten that you are a skilled professional? Or am I giving you too much credit? Don't answer that...

Question for you: Can you GUARANTEE, that the union will NOT help improve our situation? Think before you answer...

Sometimes I feel like I went to sleep, went into some weird twisted nightmare world and never woke up.
I mean, for crying out loud, THE FAST FOOD WORKERS ARE HAVING STRIKES AND WANTING UNIONS.

People who spend a couple hundred bucks for tbeir license take ling tests, are subjected to fingerprints and drive 60 ft long vehiclesw which are usually over 15 ton.......wont join a union to make it a profession.
Are fast food workers smarter?
They have a trade?
And us just a job????????

Actually, at this stage of the game, it is illegal for anyone in any management capacity to even mention that possibility.
If you encounter that, write it down. Date, time, place and who said it. A recording would be awesome, but that puts you at risk.

Wasn't a speech first of all. So they tell a lie do you tell a lie. The only reason you'd bring it up is to get people fired up. Your doing the same thing to them that your complaining on this very board. I think that's called a hypocrite. You want to make stuff up and call it a rumor go ahead, but don't cry when you get called out for doing so. Most of your posts are quality and make good points, this one is more like the Enquire. Just throw it out there and if it's true say see I was right, but will you retract if your not? My guess is no! Now that was a speech.

Fair enough, but the reason I threw it out there is to see if anyone else had heard of any such paper. If not I could chalk it up to a rumor and move on. I would hope people are fired up! In 4 yrs I have seen more good hard working managers, supervisors, drivers, and dock guys fired over bs!

When they want to fire a manager or supervisor they set unobtainable goals then fire when they don't reach them. For drivers and dock they watch camera's for hours waiting for one little mistake and fire you. Years ago it was a write up. I'm not falling for their Mr nice guy act. I've seen their true colors! Anyone that does isn't very smart in my opinion. I don't want a Damn union but I have no trust or have faith in FedEx anymore. If this fails and bs comes back then yes I'll leave, but I'm not starting over somewhere when I have went above and beyond every time I put my pretty purple shirt on, and I feel am just as much a part of fedex as Fred s! WE ALL ARE! WITHOUT US THERE IS NO FEDEX FREIGHT!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean, for crying out loud, THE FAST FOOD WORKERS ARE HAVING STRIKES AND WANTING UNIONS.

People who spend a couple hundred bucks for tbeir license take ling tests, are subjected to fingerprints and drive 60 ft long vehiclesw which are usually over 15 ton.......wont join a union to make it a profession.
Are fast food workers smarter?
They have a trade?
And us just a job????????

Your "JOB" doesn't require a union to make it a profession. Are doctors and lawyers professionals? What about accountants and bankers? There are plenty of professional truck drivers that are not represented by a union.

Fast food workers pushing for unionization are just another example of folks feeling entitled to more than what their job is worth.

Your "JOB" doesn't require a union to make it a profession. Are doctors and lawyers professionals? What about accountants and bankers? There are plenty of professional truck drivers that are not represented by a union.

Fast food workers pushing for unionization are just another example of folks feeling entitled to more than what their job is worth.
Entitled or FED UP?
So your saying that a worker that is only making minimum wage aren't worth having a union? Are they lower class citizens than someone making 10, 15, 20 dollars an hours?

Entitled or FED UP?
So your saying that a worker that is only making minimum wage aren't worth having a union? Are they lower class citizens than someone making 10, 15, 20 dollars an hours?

team rider pay him no mind he just gets on here to stir up crap he has never worked here before he's most likely paid under the table by freddies boys trying to discourage us going union. myself I just laugh at him everytime he talks

Entitled or FED UP?

You may be FED UP; fast food workers wanting $15/hr are feeling entitled to more than they have earned.

TeamRider said:

How did you get from here to there? Feel free to quote me wherever I said such a thing.

You seem to be confusing what someone's job is worth and what class citizen somebody is.

Catch more flies with honey!!

Why would you disourage drivers from joining their trade union?
Something tells me you wouldnt try to persuade lawyers from joing the bar association. Cant they even practice law without joining or passing the bat?
Would you tell a Dr not to join the AMS, Dentist from joining the ADA?
Do you belittle Fedex for joining the ATA?

Im sorry but i sometimes get angry when somebody outright degrades and takes advantage of peoplewho hold no degree or own no business and tells them its wrong to join their associations yet ok for the educated and businessmen to join theirs.
Oppression, sir, is what that is called. And its low.

Doctors in Syracuse have actually joined the Yeamsters. Bevause theyre smart.TE=EX396;1426897]Your "JOB" doesn't require a union to make it a profession. Are doctors and lawyers professionals? What about accountants and bankers? There are plenty of professional truck drivers that are not represented by a union.

Fast food workers pushing for unionization are just another example of folks feeling entitled to more than what their job is worth.[/QUOTE]

Something tells me you wouldnt try to persuade lawyers from joing the bar association. Cant they even practice law without joining or passing the bat?

Im sorry but i sometimes get angry when somebody outright degrades and takes advantage of peoplewho hold no degree or own no business and tells them its wrong to join their associations yet ok for the educated and businessmen to join theirs.

Excellent post slavenomoore!

Doctors in Syracuse have actually joined the Yeamsters. Bevause theyre smart.TE=EX396;1426897]Your "JOB" doesn't require a union to make it a profession. Are doctors and lawyers professionals? What about accountants and bankers? There are plenty of professional truck drivers that are not represented by a union.

[/QUOTE]
And all those professionals pay dues to those associations that lobby for them. And all those professionals have contracts spell out the terms of their employment. Yet some dont think its right that the workingman have the same luxury

I would think doctors and lawyers participate in what makes the rules to call them professionals

Nowadays only the company and govt decides what is the profession.

Unions help the worker to participate.
Snd downtalking them has made that huge gap between rich snd poor 2hich is wrecking the world.
Thos country was best when unions regulated and workers participated. Nobody made the companies and shareholders God.
Thats obvious by looking at the economic results of their quest to destroy us.
Theyve been almighty ruler since 1980.
Look what theyve done to our nation amd dollar.
When American workers participated sith unions we were# 1.
Since workers have been conned and manipulated by beliefs as yours ex396... we're lucky if we have our own country and our dollar remains the reserve capital of the world.

That will be my vote. Union won't help. Most guys think this will stop the long hours and they will be able to do more things with the family. BS. That is part of our job. That is why we make a decent living. Union won't change that one bit. We might get more money we might not. We might get a better retirement we might not. But one thing is for sure the union will get their dues and the company will not cut their own throat. Fred is a smart guy and he won't let the freight division bring him down. Wait and see.

.....Hmmmmmm.....9 posts to date.....sure! Go figure......Red Shirt/Mgmnt...